How Much, in hard Cash, do you Contribute to the Thai Economy Each Year? Ex Tax.

4 minutes ago, PGSan said:

Do the head doctors have a word for this disease of needing to constantly tell others how you spend enormous amounts of money! 

It is called truthfulness, you might try it.  You can always block my posts, but you seem to like to read them and still try and bait myself and others.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, PGSan said:

Really???  And please spare us having to hear all about how good such disgusting US-based profligacy is!  

Might be reckless extravagance to you, but to me it is my way of life.  Not everyone is the same.  Ignore is now on do to continued baiting by you.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

It is called truthfulness, you might try it.

Why is that a good name for it?  We just called it showing off tastelessly, not much related to truth (or to interesting content).

35 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Bill Gates

The only one of these three whom I have known at all well: he always seemed to me to be a normally happy person.  

Do you have other information about his welfare? 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

but really

rich people talking about money is not done

Indeed it is not in our (UK) culture, but in the US this convention is reversed, even when one is abroad, in more civilised countries. 

This is why we have to suffer here from hearing the every detail of our penthouse-dwelling members’ gut-wrenching extravagances.

Edited by PGSan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

ok - this time i get the humor.. trying to correlate apples purchased w/visa requirements as if the rules were made with you alone in mind... very funny...  I see that here all the time... people who complain abt regualtions then want individual regulations custom made for their situation... 

As you tell me, you are a funny guy.. 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Pilotman said:

my annual contribution, in hard cash, to the Thai economy is circa 2.3 Million Baht, ex tax.  Surly that's worth a annual extension with no questions asked.

So a country should welcome in criminals, drug dealers, scammers and human traffickers with no questions asked just because they spend $1500 a week?

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

A 186 sqm 3 bedroom condo

Tiny then!   Mine is twice the size with the same number of rooms (excluding the slave quarters), but utilities are less than 1000thb most months.  

• Haha 2

I think it's very possible to spend what the OP says if you are living in a very nice house and paying very nice rent. 

By the way, the 800K baht in the bank, if you leave it there permanently for the interest and visa qualifications, is an opportunity cost that you probably should figure into your calculations, to some degree. 

24 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

my girlfriend is a smokin' hot 20 year old gogo dancer from Prachin Buri and she is way more expensive than leaving 5 air conditioners on 24/7. 

GF? - I thought that would be called employee w/benefits? 

500k baht per year, but 200k of that are "business expenses", so if immigration were to check that would be 300k per year.

If the law changed or/and I manage to get PR or Thai nationality this would triple (1.5m baht/year).

• Confused 1

50 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

It was actually a comment about immigration rules, not about perceived or actual wealth.  I probably didn't make that clear enough at the start. But its been entertaining reading

Again FUNNY GUY!!!

you write about how your "wealth" or spending habits should buy you privilege then say it is not a posting about money... 

but it has provided some interesting quibbling amongst posters... 

• Thanks 1