Foreigners will definitely get vaccine in Thailand; urged to register from August

webfact

On 5/15/2021 at 8:41 AM, Neeranam said:
On 5/15/2021 at 8:25 AM, billsmart said:

I received an appointment for June 7 at my local public hospital by registering online using Mor Prom (Doctor Ready) a couple of days ago. The app knows I am not a Thai since it required information from my passport and off my "Pink Card" to register.

Now, whether they'll honor this appointment when I show up and give me a shot is another question.

That makes no sense as some Thais can't get it in June. But good luck. 

It might make sense if you consider that on Mor Prom, you have a choice of where to register. I chose the public hospital in Phetchabun near where I live. It had open appointments every day, Mon thru Fri, all the way through June. Maybe all the hospitals close to you are booked up. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, shdmn said:

It's now looking like vaccine efforts are stalling in the US.  They are trying all kinds of things to encourage people but it's looking to me like the US is going to eventually end up behind a lot of other countries after they catch up, based on current trajectories.

The vaccination of 12+ will be going soon enough. That will help a lot to compensate for adult anti-vaxers. Also, when Pfizer get full licensing, others will finally go along.

7 hours ago, placnx said:

The vaccination of 12+ will be going soon enough. That will help a lot to compensate for adult anti-vaxers. Also, when Pfizer get full licensing, others will finally go along.

They are already vaccinating 12+ and it hasn't changed the trajectory.  Chile and Hungary just passed the US for per capita 1st shot and Canada is about to do the same.

https://ourworldindata.org/explorers/coronavirus-data-explorer?zoomToSelection=true&pickerSort=desc&pickerMetric=population&Metric=People+vaccinated&Interval=Cumulative&Relative+to+Population=true&Align+outbreaks=false&country=BHR~BRA~CHL~FRA~DEU~HUN~IND~ISR~SRB~TUR~GBR~USA~URY~CAN~European+Union

Some states are doing fairly well, like California at over 50% and rising.  Then you have problem children like Mississippi at something like only 30% vaccinated.  Connect the dots.

Edited by shdmn
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, shdmn said:

They are already vaccinating 12+ and it hasn't changed the trajectory.  Chile and Hungary just passed the US for per capita 1st shot and Canada is about to do the same.

https://ourworldindata.org/explorers/coronavirus-data-explorer?zoomToSelection=true&pickerSort=desc&pickerMetric=population&Metric=People+vaccinated&Interval=Cumulative&Relative+to+Population=true&Align+outbreaks=false&country=BHR~BRA~CHL~FRA~DEU~HUN~IND~ISR~SRB~TUR~GBR~USA~URY~CAN~European+Union

Some states are doing fairly well, like California at over 50% and rising.  Then you have problem children like Mississippi at something like only 30% vaccinated.  Connect the dots.

In the US the CDC has dropped obligatory mask wearing for the vaccinated. With the Indian variant on the way, is that a good idea? Some places in the UK are seeing the UK variant being rapidly replaced by the Indian one.

13 hours ago, placnx said:

In the US the CDC has dropped obligatory mask wearing for the vaccinated. With the Indian variant on the way, is that a good idea? Some places in the UK are seeing the UK variant being rapidly replaced by the Indian one.

I think the US is dropping their restrictions too soon.  Partly because of that india variant and partly because not enough people are vaccinated yet.  It seems to vary a lot by state though and a lot of it is political.  

Edited by shdmn
  • Thanks 1

On 5/13/2021 at 6:52 PM, DrJack54 said:

What happened to June July.

I'm a RAYRON now? Is that a step up or down from farang

OK. my money is on the vaccine wont be available till September or early October sorry not a pleasant observation, to write

• Like 1

Question. I read that to take advantage of entering Europe with reduced quarantine you need to vaccinated with certain vaccines and sinovac is not on the list. I am very keen to get vaccinated but travel is a big thing for me. Does anyone know if this is true or can point to details?

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/15/2021 at 9:22 AM, Neeranam said:

I assume your neighour does't need to  work and gets a healthy cheque from Germany every month. 

It is not a disgrace at all. Is he too sick to travel to Germany? If so, he shouldn't be a burden on the Thai  government. 

What has getting a "healthy check" have to do with not getting a shot? Should rich Thai people get skipped as well because they have money? Since retirees have mandotory Thai health insurance (which they pay an absolute premium for), why should he have to travel back to Germany? 

In other words;

Pensioners receive their hard-worked pensioen from their home country and spend it in Thailand (therefore you can say money-wise they contribute more to the Thai economy than foreigners with a work permit). 
They have a mandatory health insurance, so in case they get sick all is being paid for (by them).

Explain to me, how are they a "burden" for the Thai government? Because what you are saying is flat out racist and very poorly thought throu.

• 2 months later...
On 6/14/2021 at 12:52 PM, Eibot said:

What has getting a "healthy check" have to do with not getting a shot? Should rich Thai people get skipped as well because they have money?

I mean that retirees with plenty of money don't have to go out their house, unlike working people. 

On 6/14/2021 at 12:52 PM, Eibot said:

Explain to me, how are they a "burden" for the Thai government? Because what you are saying is flat out racist and very poorly thought throu.

Many don't have insurance. It is not racist in the slightest. I'm talking about nationality, not race. 

30 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I mean that retirees with plenty of money don't have to go out their house, unlike working people. 

Many don't have insurance. It is not racist in the slightest. I'm talking about nationality, not race. 

Food doesn't magically appears in people's fridges. Even if you don't work, you still have to venture outside of your home. 

When you're retired in Thailand, mandatory insurance is part of your visa application. Again, don't comment if you cannot even bother to look it up. The term racism isn't exclusively used for races. Again, look it up.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

If the retirees have 'plenty of money' they don't need to insure but can self-insure. ????

5 minutes ago, Eibot said:

Food doesn't magically appears in people's fridges. Even if you don't work, you still have to venture outside of your home. 

When you're retired in Thailand, mandatory insurance is part of your visa application. Again, don't comment if you cannot even bother to look it up. The term racism isn't exclusively used for races. Again, look it up.

I have no need to look up the meanings of English words, I am a native English speaker; I went to the same school as Lord Byron, <deleted>. 

Please explain how I am being racist. I am white by the way and refuse to accept all the woke nonsense these days, I call a spade a spade, like many Thai people. 

10 minutes ago, Eibot said:

There is an option of home delivery, but some milk and teabags for a brew have to be bought in. 

People on retirement extensions based on a Non-Imm-O Visa Permission of stay are not required to show insurance to renew,

11 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I have no need to look up the meanings of English words, I am a native English speaker; I went to the same school as Lord Byron, <deleted>. 

Please explain how I am being racist. I am white by the way and refuse to accept all the woke nonsense these days, I call a spade a spade, like many Thai people. 

Last time you said you were Thai. Liar liar. You're not going to look up the meaning, because you went to school with Lord who? Lol

Anyway, since you're deviating from the subject, I believe we're done.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Chris.B said:

Quite, commonly after being told by Public Health or local hospital their vaccines are "Not for Farang"! ☹️

And how many farangs have died from covid in Thailand, possibly the need isn't urgent. 

• Sad 1

Just now, Eibot said:

Last time you said you were Thai. Liar liar. You're not going to look up the meaning, because you went to school with Lord who? Lol

Anyway, since you're deviating from the subject, I believe we're done.

We were done ages ago, but as you keep writing nonsense and calling me names, I need to reply. 

Lord Byron, look it up.

I am Thai, so not a liar. 

2 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

We were done ages ago, but as you keep writing nonsense and calling me names, I need to reply. 

Lord Byron, look it up.

I am Thai, so not a liar. 

You're  a Thai - white Caucasian?

If we were done, why do you bump a two month old thread?

Edited by Eibot

14 minutes ago, Eibot said:

You're  a Thai - white Caucasian?

If we were done, why do you bump a two month old thread?

Yes, I think it's you who is being racist. 

btw, you never explained why you think I was racist. ????

55 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Yes, I think it's you who is being racist. 

btw, you never explained why you think I was racist. ????

Yes what?

You think Thais should have priority over foreigners. That is racist

What does race discrimination mean in legal terms?

The legal definition of race discrimination doesn’t only cover ‘race’ in the sense described here. People of any colour, nationality, and ethnic or national origin are protected from race discrimination under the Equality Act 2010. This includes white majority ethnic Scottish people, although they are unlikely to need that protection as they’re not generally at risk of discrimination. Hate crime legislation defines race in a similar way.

5 minutes ago, Eibot said:

Possible mixed. However he's Thai when it suits him and Caucasian when it suits him. 

I wasn't aware of any post where he claims to be a Caucasian. And Thai soap  operas feature a disproportionate number of luke krueang (half Thai half Farang) actors. Are they Thai (in the racial sense) or Caucasian?

1 hour ago, Eibot said:

People of any colour, nationality, and ethnic or national origin are protected from race discrimination under the Equality Act 2010. This includes white majority ethnic Scottish people, although they are unlikely to need that protection as they’re not generally at risk of discrimination.

I assume you mean the British Equality Act?

I can assure you that as an Ethnic Scottish Thai, I am often discriminated against.

Thinking I am racist saying that Thais should have priority over foreigners when I am Caucasian is really quite ridiculous.  

I think  that somehow you find this concept hard to grasp, as you have preconceived racial principals ingrained. 

Edited by Neeranam