Foreigners will definitely get vaccine in Thailand; urged to register from August

webfact

The last couple of days they have been announcing over the village loud speakers a tape put out by the government of some doctor explaining the virus and the need to get the shot. Then they went around and made a list of everyone over 60, including me.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nightfox said:

So the next topic will be is how many foreigners will actually take up the Thai governments offer of free vaccination knowing it will be the Chinese Sinovac jabs that they will be getting. I myself and I'm sure many others will wait for the Phizer and Moderna jabs to be available no mater what the cost will be.

Bit torn now.......good feedback, if true, from Indonesia and Sinovac...........if this drags on I might be tempted to go for sinovac.

3 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

From Bumrungrad:

It is also our intent to support the Thai government in providing COVID-19 vaccines to the public.

If you are planning to get vaccinated for COVID-19, we would love for you to reserve the COVID-19 vaccine through us by providing the information below, so that we can provide you with our quality service when the vaccine is available. 

Name Prefix (Mr./Ms./ Miss/ Mrs.)

Name & Last name (According to passport)

Date of Birth (D/M/Y)

HN (Hospital Number)

Passport Number

Thai Social Security number or Tax Number

Do you have any underlying disease?  

Current home address

Email

Contact Number

For further inquiries, please feel free to contact us by emailing [email protected] or calling 02-0115566. 

Thank you for your trust in Bumrungrad International Hospital.

Cheers,

Did all that got no response....phoned.....not interested....did say I would walk round there......but have a medical on June 4th will check it out then.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

Doh!.....Thailand...they announced it yesterday......

And how does that relate to the original point exactly?

First -  "He said that it was true that Thais would go first"

Then - "why not just vaccinate people as they show up? "

You are perfectly free to believe they announced first come first served, doesn't make it fact.

57 minutes ago, webfact said:

1pm.jpg

Picture: Spring News

In the clearest statement yet about foreigners getting vaccinated in Thailand the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration spokesman has said that it is definitely going to happen.

I hope this spokesman did not work for TAT before.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Surelynot said:

As reading and thinking have escaped you.......you responded to...... "why not just vaccinate people as they show up" with.......... "enlighten us, which countries have used that policy".  Ans: Thailand.........get a grip

I don’t think you can just show up in Thailand. You have to register and be given an appointment time first.

7 minutes ago, pixelaoffy said:

Only in the racist kingdom would someone be turned away from  a vaccine place because they are 'foreign'

More distorted context.

No country operates a first come first served policy and Thailand is no different.

When I went for my free flu jab I saw old ladies being turned away from their vaccine place for administrative reason.

It is all about planning people, resources and data, something many on here refuse to acknowledge.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, wensiensheng said:

I don’t think you can just show up in Thailand. You have to register and be given an appointment time first.

It was announced in the BP yesterday walk-in centres to be established in BKK and rolled out to the provinces.......Uncle had a fit this am and said no because there are no vaccines so it has been withdrawn.

• Like 2

Just now, Surelynot said:

It was announced in the BP yesterday walk-in centres to be established in BKK and rolled out to the provinces.......Uncle had a fit this am and said no because there are no vaccines so it has been withdrawn.

I see. I didn’t know that. I guess nothing lost if it’s been withdrawn anyway ????????

47 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

Our only hope is that Thais freak out, refuse the vaccine and the junta are left with millions of vaccines on the shelf.

i think there is already a lot of fear amongst the elderly Thais and countryfolk in the small villages of the various vaccines. Those outside the cities and tourist industry will need to be persuaded to be vaccinated.

So what you say might be true for a while at least. They will be left holding stock longer than anticipated, but will just accelerate giving it to other groups such as foreigners. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, sandyf said:

More distorted context.

No country operates a first come first served policy and Thailand is no different.

When I went for my free flu jab I saw old ladies being turned away from their vaccine place for administrative reason.

It is all about planning people, resources and data, something many on here refuse to acknowledge.

Wrong . There are" first come first served walk in centres "for thais.  Read the news 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

As reading and thinking have escaped you.......you responded to...... "why not just vaccinate people as they show up" with.......... "enlighten us, which countries have used that policy".  Ans: Thailand.........get a grip

Why not enlighten us then and post a link to this Thai policy of first come first served.

You can't, no such thing was ever said.

Making an interpretation suit your opinion fails to make it a fact.

53 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:
1 hour ago, webfact said:

He said that it was true that Thais would go first

why not just vaccinate people as they show up? 

You speak sense, something which doesn't apply here.. ????

Their attitude is simply stupid, the virus doesn't discriminate like they do, we all live in the same place.. 

After an on /off offer of  a vaccine I am now on again .Registration done this morning with assistance of community health volunteer using pink id  card details. Probably sinovac  but I have no greater qualms about that than if it were any other in terms of rare side effects.

• Like 1

Just now, Nojohndoe said:

After an on /off offer of  a vaccine I am now on again .Registration done this morning with assistance of community health volunteer using pink id  card details. Probably sinovac  but I have no greater qualms about that than if it were any other in terms of rare side effects.

Good results from Indonesia.......so less of a worry now I think.