Foreigners will definitely get vaccine in Thailand; urged to register from August

webfact

As I suspected, there is no mention of 'tramps' in the original Thai article, just people of no fixed abode. 

Maybe an attempt to get the anti-Thai brigade up in arms? 

Edited by Neeranam
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

A lot of Thai aren't interested in getting vaccinated for fear of the side effect. A Thai monk was dead after receiving the vaccine.

So they should open to foreigners in June and not wait until Aug.

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, d2b2 said:

USA

I haven't seen that. I saw those that worked with old and in hospitals and then by age. Now open to everyone mostly by appointment--- but I don't know if you need appointment now at Walgreens and the like.

1 hour ago, Dmaxdan said:

This was published yesterday in the The CM City Life.

Screenshot_25640513_220917.jpg

Nice of you to post this info. But I will not blindly sign up for an inferior vaccine that is probably from China and the power hungry Thai investor allegiant to them. I need concrete proof. Do you know what vaccine will be given? Even if AZ, I am now almost reserved to wait for Moderna or Pfizer and pay for it out of principle. CV-19 is really starting to bring out disdain and emotions all over the world, just not our expat community here.

24 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

As I suspected, there is no mention of 'tramps' in the original Thai article, just people of no fixed abode. 

Maybe an attempt to get the anti-Thai brigade up in arms? 

Well, I certainly don't feel that the reaction to this news should be anti-Thai. Thai policies are what I expected. I am not angry with them or their spokesmen. In fact, I welcome the unvarnished truth when it comes from them. My continuing anger is directed at the US government and embassy, which refuses to make the slightest effort to work for its citizens' welfare and health. The embassy should tell Thailand to treat Americans as they do Chinese in the vaccine rollout. If that isn't possible, the US must undertake a vaccination program for its own people in Thailand. This goes for other Western embassies as well.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, John Drake said:

Well, I certainly don't feel that the reaction to this news should be anti-Thai. Thai policies are what I expected. I am not angry with them or their spokesmen. In fact, I welcome the unvarnished truth when it comes from them. My continuing anger is directed at the US government and embassy, which refuses to make the slightest effort to work for its citizens' welfare and health. The embassy should tell Thailand to treat Americans as they do Chinese in the vaccine rollout. If that isn't possible, the US must undertake a vaccination program for its own people in Thailand. This goes for other Western embassies as well.

You mean you want the US to look after its citizens like China looks after theirs?

Are the Thai government treating Chinese differently from other foreigners?

Just now, Neeranam said:

You mean you want the US to look after its citizens like China looks after theirs?

Are the Thai government treating Chinese differently from other foreigners?

I have posted the link several times to the TVF story about Chinese nationals being prioritized in Thai vaccinations as a condition of Sinovac bringing more doses into Thailand.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

Where was this ? I have always been treated well,nobody ever refued to serve or talk to me,in fact when the wife and i go out for a walk here in the Pattaya area  all the Thais say good morning to me,in fact i pass a motorbike taxi guy who speaks English,always wants a chat ,also our neighbours always smile and wave.

Here's a little tale I once read somewhere:

A traveler is walking from one village to another and he sees a wise man sitting by the side of the road (He knows the guy is a wise man because he's wearing a t shirt that says so)  Anyway, he speaks to the wise man. "The people in the village I'm coming from were kind, thoughtful and generous. What are the people in the next village like?" The wise man replies, "They are exactly the same".

A little later another traveler coming from that same village speaks to the wise man "The people in the village I'm coming from were cruel, stingy, and rude. What are the people in the next village like?" To which the wise man replied "They are exactly the same."

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, John Drake said:

I have posted the link several times to the TVF story about Chinese nationals being prioritized in Thai vaccinations as a condition of Sinovac bringing more doses into Thailand.

Could you do it once more?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Neeranam said:

Could you do it once more?

I'm tired of looking it up. Search under my member name and you should find it. Or even look at the other threads about the US embassy and vaccines. I put it in there, too.

5 minutes ago, John Drake said:

I'm tired of looking it up. Search under my member name and you should find it. Or even look at the other threads about the US embassy and vaccines. I put it in there, too.

It's OK, I'm not that interested ???? 

13 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Here's a little tale I once read somewhere:

A traveler is walking from one village to another and he sees a wise man sitting by the side of the road (He knows the guy is a wise man because he's wearing a t shirt that says so)  Anyway, he speaks to the wise man. "The people in the village I'm coming from were kind, thoughtful and generous. What are the people in the next village like?" The wise man replies, "They are exactly the same".

A little later another traveler coming from that same village speaks to the wise man "The people in the village I'm coming from were cruel, stingy, and rude. What are the people in the next village like?" To which the wise man replied "They are exactly the same."

Sure you didn't see that on an episode of a TV show with David Carradine?

Edited by John Drake
Hilariously, I cannot mention Kung <deleted> without the "<deleted>" being deleted.

1 minute ago, John Drake said:

In one sense I can agree with that sentiment

The problem may be that although for many wealthier countries feasibly could do so it would set a precedent that many others cannot enact. A vast number of countries who may have a smattering of citizens in Thailand are themselves really struggling to acquire vaccines even under the WHO initiatives.

In reality and despite the relatively dramatic new "surge" in Thailand it remains in a fairly moderate position. Perhaps India is now grateful Thailand declined the earlier offer of free vaccines now that it is in a desperate state although that number of vaccines would be a drop in the population pond there?

17 minutes ago, John Drake said:

Is that "story" on TVF verified?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nojohndoe said:

In one sense I can agree with that sentiment

The problem may be that although for many wealthier countries feasibly could do so it would set a precedent that many others cannot enact. A vast number of countries who may have a smattering of citizens in Thailand are themselves really struggling to acquire vaccines even under the WHO initiatives.

In reality and despite the relatively dramatic new "surge" in Thailand it remains in a fairly moderate position. Perhaps India is now grateful Thailand declined the earlier offer of free vaccines now that it is in a desperate state although that number of vaccines would be a drop in the population pond there?

Perhaps the EU should act for European wide interests. The Chinese are already being taken care of. The Russians apparently don't care if they get Covid or not. That pretty much only leaves out Central and South America and some Pacific Ocean atolls.

3 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

why not just vaccinate people as they show up? 

That would be too easy. Yet they are practising this system at immigration for years... At perfection

23 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

Lay off the "Teflers" if you don't mind, I have been teaching English here for a considerable time. 

Reading many of your posts leads one to suspect that your head is so far up the collective Hi-So

backside that you view the world through their tonsils!

Now scamper off and complain that a mere "Tefler" has dared to be rude to you.

By the way, it gets worse, I still own a rucksack!

You must have read my post wrongly, I was a TEFLer here for 25 years and lived on Khao San Road for 6 months when I first came here. 

2 hours ago, nightfox said:

So the next topic will be is how many foreigners will actually take up the Thai governments offer of free vaccination knowing it will be the Chinese Sinovac jabs that they will be getting. I myself and I'm sure many others will wait for the Phizer and Moderna jabs to be available no mater what the cost will be.

Each to his or her own choice of course. You may have a long wait. Sinovac or AZ will be fine for me and the sooner the better

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Thais would go first but foreigners then the homeless or tramps would go next

What baffles me is their absolute certitude that no Thai may be a homeless tramp. Yet, the few homeless tramps I see in the streets of my city look 100% Thai to me, and they speak Thai or the local dialect.

3 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

Just booked for june 9th,and i am a dirty falang.

You might have booked your Jab in June but it won't be happening Bert. Same as resorts wont be opening up in June. Just the old Carrot dangling in front of the Donkey.

• Like 1