Foreigners will definitely get vaccine in Thailand; urged to register from August

webfact

4 minutes ago, Johnny Mac said:

For many years I never believed the 'we're not liked here' crowd, but now I can see it, albeit it has got 'worse' now of course. I firmly believe, generally speaking, we are despised here now. I went out yesterday for lunch on my own, nothing fancy, and was looked at like I was filth, they didn't even want to serve me. I asked one woman very firmly 'what is wrong' in Thai, she never said anything of course, they never do.

I really son't like living here much now, a racist pitful sweatbox. All the smiles are gone and the laid back way of life, and I'm not just blaming the people for that, what with Covid and this govt this country has changed so much now in the 21 years I've been here. But I AM stuck here for various reason, and I beat myself up about that almost daily.

Well reason is "foreigners are to blame for bringing the virus to Thailand "  . could write a list of adjectives to describe the thought processes in the country but mods would get upset!

Edited by pixelaoffy
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

From Bumrungrad:

It is also our intent to support the Thai government in providing COVID-19 vaccines to the public.

If you are planning to get vaccinated for COVID-19, we would love for you to reserve the COVID-19 vaccine through us by providing the information below, so that we can provide you with our quality service when the vaccine is available. 

Name Prefix (Mr./Ms./ Miss/ Mrs.)

Name & Last name (According to passport)

Date of Birth (D/M/Y)

HN (Hospital Number)

Passport Number

Thai Social Security number or Tax Number

Do you have any underlying disease?  

Current home address

Email

Contact Number

For further inquiries, please feel free to contact us by emailing [email protected] or calling 02-0115566. 

Thank you for your trust in Bumrungrad International Hospital.

Couple of the private hospitals were doing something similar a while ago here in Phuket, maybe see how many vaccines to order

17 minutes ago, Johnny Mac said:

Is there anyone left still taking any notice of these daily vaccination stories?? Absolutely farcical. Will be something different tomorrow, and the day after that.

Yep...it is gripping......can't wait to wake up and read the latest installment ...it's like a fast moving novel....but in this case your life really might be at risk.

1 hour ago, Surelynot said:

Our only hope is that Thais freak out, refuse the vaccine and the junta are left with millions of vaccines on the shelf.

AZ has an offical 6 month shelf life. So if they can muster 20M doses in a couple of months, they will panic and just vaccinate everyone who wants one. Many Thais seem hesitant at this stage. Daily deaths in the hundreds may change their minds. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, pixelaoffy said:

Well reason is "foreigners are to blame for bringing the virus to Thailand "  . could write a list of adjectives to describe the thought processes in the country but mods would get upset!

Right, even though it come from China. Go figure.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There are many in my village that won't take the shot out of fear. I am sure my mother in law won't unless a monk comes and throws some holy water and paints something over the door of the clinic. Like I said in an early post, they have started playing a tape over the village speakers trying to convince people to have it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DavisH said:

AZ has an offical 6 month shelf life. So if they can muster 20M doses in a couple of months, they will panic and just vaccinate everyone who wants one. Many Thais seem hesitant at this stage. Daily deaths in the hundreds may change their minds. 

OMG....just thought....surely not...........they might sell them abroad instead!!!!

Just now, Surelynot said:

OMG....just thought....surely not...........they might sell them abroad instead!!!!

That was meant to be the plan. I think. Which is strange - sell it to foreigners overseas before they sell it to foreigners in Thailand. That would be very strange logic. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Surelynot said:

Our only hope is that Thais freak out, refuse the vaccine and the junta are left with millions of vaccines on the shelf.

That is a possibility. In my wife's home village, nobody wants the Sinovac. My wife says, "I need good one." I've told her that I would pay for her and her 85 year old plus parents to get Moderna but that they should get a vaccine at any rate. Then, I said no more. Telling the people in the village what to do can end up at cross purposes and even be dangerous.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Shhh.  Posts like this are not popular here!  Most people prefer a good moan.

And it's anecdotal . Not the norm ..it has been said repeatedly by gov  'thais first'.  Not difficult to understand

1 hour ago, webfact said:

He said that it was true that Thais would go first but foreigners then the homeless or tramps would go next

Thailand has a very clear hierarchical social ladder and foreigners very rarely reach the first rung. 

Tramps are on the bottom rung,so are actually higher that most expat, especially Teflers or backpackers. 

1 hour ago, webfact said:

irrespective

Irrespective or Disrespective? Mind boggling how foreigners are just a tad above Homeless and Tramps, although I have met quite a few Thai tramps in bars over the years whom I actually was ok with. So do Thai mass murderers and kiddy rapists and convicted drug dealers go before us? Not talking about Thamanat even though he falls farther down the undesirable chain.

• Thanks 1