Foreigners will definitely get vaccine in Thailand; urged to register from August

webfact

3 hours ago, canopus1969 said:

Good to know, we are below Thais but above the homeless/tramps

Once you name a race or nationality of a person it becomes a racist remark .why not same as UK USA Europe and other countries do it by age and medical conditions not us first you next .they will never change and never learn .to say this is letting the Thai population it's ok to be racist .in today's political climate if they want to be respected as a nation going forward this has to stop

4 hours ago, keith101 said:

It seems very obvious to all of us that this Government really has no idea what its doing or any clear timeline for doing it  The PM (Prayuth)& Deputy PM (Anutin) should both resign and leave politics forever . IMO .

Should have happened over 12 months ago and there might be a lesser problem now. 

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Camillof said:

What baffles me is their absolute certitude that no Thai may be a homeless tramp. Yet, the few homeless tramps I see in the streets of my city look 100% Thai to me, and they speak Thai or the local dialect.

Maybe they just consider us the same or more dirty than their homeless.

I registered for the vaccine yesterday in Samui. They asked me the passport and my insurance card. The took a photo of my passport and they recorded my name, surname and passport nr. That's all and they said thank you and bye bye to me. But oooopss .... I reminded them that maybe they needed my mobile nr. and address if they needed to contact me to give me the jab in the future. And yes, they agreed that the those two additional data were indeed important.

What a stupid, if they are able to identify the homeless they can easily identify us without a mobile and an address.

Absolutely amazing. But I love this Country.

3 hours ago, pixelaoffy said:

Wrong . There are" first come first served walk in centres "for thais.  Read the news 

Delusional interpretation.

If walk-in centres ever become a reality, it will be first come - first screened, not "served" as in getting the vaccination. Walk-in/walk-out for many.

3 hours ago, Neeranam said:

As I suspected, there is no mention of 'tramps' in the original Thai article, just people of no fixed abode. 

Maybe an attempt to get the anti-Thai brigade up in arms? 

Ah, yes..... "Lost in Translation." The movie was funny but this is not. 

5 hours ago, canopus1969 said:

Good to know, we are below Thais but above the homeless/tramps

After correcting the above statement it reads, "Good to know, we are below Thais and soi dogs but above the homeless/tramps

1 hour ago, sagra said:

So which states vaccinated anybody as they showed up the day the rollout started?

No country started their mass vaccination on a free for all.

The CDC issued guidelines on priority at the start and Thailand is doing the same. Time will bring change, it always does.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

He said that it was true that Thais would go first but foreigners then the homeless or tramps would go next, reported Spring News

Thanks for making me spill my breakfast coffee........Now you know your place on the ladder its a rung above Thai homeless and tramps.....????

As i said before flip flop artists  Why don't they follow the example of other countries and go by age What they are doing here is a clear case of discrimination. They keep saying register, but where do you register if in fact we will be able to register. The Bangkok Metropolitan Administration do not know what they are doing

Edited by stephehr

4 hours ago, pixelaoffy said:

Only in the racist kingdom would someone be turned away from  a vaccine place because they are 'foreign'

Haha, you will be surprised, Oz don't even allow their own citizen, from a certain country, to come back to Oz, if they do, they will be fined and jailed. My thoughts are, (just my thoughts) maybe they are considered 2nd class citizens.

Warmest

4 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

From Bumrungrad:

It is also our intent to support the Thai government in providing COVID-19 vaccines to the public.

If you are planning to get vaccinated for COVID-19, we would love for you to reserve the COVID-19 vaccine through us by providing the information below, so that we can provide you with our quality service when the vaccine is available. 

Name Prefix (Mr./Ms./ Miss/ Mrs.)

Name & Last name (According to passport)

Date of Birth (D/M/Y)

HN (Hospital Number)

Passport Number

Thai Social Security number or Tax Number

Do you have any underlying disease?  

Current home address

Email

Contact Number

For further inquiries, please feel free to contact us by emailing [email protected] or calling 02-0115566. 

Thank you for your trust in Bumrungrad International Hospital.

They're  slipping. Forgot to ask for you PIN too.

• Haha 1