Thai woman was paid 5,000 baht by Indian who wanted to get a marriage visa extension

webfact

1 minute ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Looks Thai to me but then he's wearing a mask so it's impossible for me, or you, to know for sure!

Now I understand why. It's because he's a Northeast Indian who were traditionally East-Asian in race. The natives of Northeast India were Sino-Tibetan people.

I have been reading this great blog here on the different ethnic groups in Asia.

http://eastasiaorigin.blogspot.com/2018/03/ethnic-origin-of-naga.html

Edited by EricTh

17 minutes ago, EricTh said:

In some countries, you can work on a marriage visa.

You can work in Thailand on a marriage extension. You simply need a work permit. But it's likely these fellows are working illegally, the visa legalizes and simplifies their permission to stay ..then once in they can proceed with their plans.

22 minutes ago, tonray said:

You can work in Thailand on a marriage extension. You simply need a work permit. But it's likely these fellows are working illegally, the visa legalizes and simplifies their permission to stay ..then once in they can proceed with their plans.

I heard that getting a work permit in Thailand is a nightmare of documents and paperwork.

In some countries, you don't need a separate work permit to work, a marriage visa is sufficient.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, EricTh said:

I heard that getting a work permit in Thailand is a nightmare of documents and paperwork.

In some countries, you don't need a separate work permit to work, a marriage visa is sufficient.

Welcome to Thailand... Ha ha ha

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

I have known deep poverty. How presumptuous, You know nothing.

Most of these cases are fueled by cash and greed.

5000 isn't greed it's sheer desperation - and I remain convinced that you have never known the kind of desperation that millions of Thais face right now, wherever you come from, if you come from the west in the post war era.

Do you know the woman? Do you know 'most' of the cases?

Edited by BusyB

13 minutes ago, BusyB said:

5000 isn't greed it's sheer desperation - and I remain convinced that you have never known the kind of desperation that millions of Thais face right now, wherever you come from, if you come from the west in the post war era.

Do you know the woman? Do you know 'most' of the cases?

You ever heard of opportunists?

Better get back behind your rose colored spectacles.

12 hours ago, tonray said:

I considered doing this. I'm married to a Thai and have been a teacher on Non-B visas. I thought about changing to Non-O. But I heard it's a nightmare. House visits, photos, and a full year of income documented with tax receipts, before you can apply. This income must also be at least 40k. How are Indians making that? (I doubt these are engineers working for tech firms.)

I'd like to know how marriage seems to be such a golden ticket for them. Certainly isn't for the rest of us.

Edited by CrunchWrapSupreme

10 minutes ago, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

I considered doing this. I'm married to a Thai and have been a teacher on Non-B visas. I thought about changing to Non-O. But I heard it's a nightmare. House visits, photos, and a full year of income documented with tax receipts, before you can apply. This income must also be at least 40k. How are Indians making that? (I doubt these are engineers working for tech firms.)

I'd like to know how marriage seems to be such a golden ticket for them. Certainly isn't for the rest of us.

They may not be working in legal enterprises....I know from my experience in Malaysia...many Indians end up in the "lending" trade as front men for loan sharks who provide the cash from India. There of course are Thai partners in these schemes.

19 hours ago, jonclark said:

Don't you need to show your marriage cert when applying for an extension of stay based on marriage? If so, they were not pretending to be married but were legally married, or was the marriage cert a forgery?  

I have never had to apply for an extension based on marriage so if someone can clarify please? 

I think it was the fact the marriage was sham, there was no living together,(false lease agreement) no proof of ongoing substantive relationship, no sharing of the average things expected in marriage.

Oh, look at that huge plastic poster with all those photos and details and the policeman proudly explaining it all.

Do they realise how stupid they look?

How utterly self-congratulatory and  childish.