Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Thailand reports 3,394 COVID-19 cases, 29 new deaths

webfact

5 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

The numbers for new infections (outside the prison system) remain flat. The number of hospitalizations is reducing, with over 4,000 released today.

No more talk of building impromptu field hospitals.

It seems that now the effort will be to stamp out the clusters around Bangkok.

It seems the "exponential spread" crowd has run for the hills.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Can you explain the differences in testing methodologies between the campaigns that eliminated the first 2 waves and this one? 

If the eradication efforts for the first 2 waves were successful, why won't a similar effort be successful against a third wave? 

You as expected confirmed it. Thank you.

Bangkok province is approaching a 1 percent case fatality rate for COVID since the start of the current third wave of the pandemic at the beginning of April, and also is running during that time an overall 7 percent positivity rate for COVID outreach testing.

A BMA summary released by the Ministry of Public Health on Wednesday said Bangkok has had 269 fatalities out of 29,534 COVID cases since the start of April, for a 0.91 percent case fatality rate that has been steadily climbing for the past six weeks as daily death tallies have been increasing.

The province recorded 876 new COVID cases and 14 additional deaths in Wednesday's report., which also showed an overall positivity rate for outreach COVID testing in the province of 7.04 percent.

Screenshot_7.jpg.d3d6e231ba48e275b45da40a0f71e239.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/informationcovid19/photos/a.106455480972785/328276178790713/?type=3

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Bangkok province is approaching a 1 percent case fatality rate for COVID since the start of the current third wave of the pandemic at the beginning of April, and also is running during that time an overall 7 percent positivity rate for COVID outreach testing

Oh dear, far to high

5 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Oh dear, far to high

Yes, I was talking to a friend who is trying his best to find a place outside of Cha Am to move to for a few months starting in June because he feels Bangkok is about to explode and does not want to be here when it goes into an Australian style lockdown, his own words not mine.  I hope they can get on top of it, but with all of these new clusters popping up and the hospitals at near capacity, it does make one wonder.  Looking at Homes myself down in Cha Am as well, will keep my Bangkok condo for trips back and forth when things settle down, whenever that is.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 2 is 1 said:

LOL wait for active case finding in the community! Old grandpa asking in small Isaan village-> When they come when they come???

NEVER!

If I  thought I had covid  the LAST  thing I'd do would be to tell any authorities, I rarely  go  out , I live by myself out in a field, unless I couldnt breath then I would get to a hospital.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

It seems the "exponential spread" crowd has run for the hills.

Still here, it's just shopping day so I'm a bit late, I was looking at the graphs posted by TGJBkk and it looks like a couple of places on the cases graph that definitely exhibit exponential qualities especially the last 10 days or so.Lucky you raised this today when the exponential 9600 cases where added today, otherwise I might have quiche on my face, but alas the race is not over yet.I also note the exponential growth in hospital releases.See there's plenty of exponential growth for everybody and no one has to miss out.

Edited by FarFlungFalang
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 2

Daily update of new domestic COVID cases by province:

Note: these lists are placing all of the prison cases into the Central region subtotal, even though many of today's new prison cases are coming from Nonthaburi and Chiang Mai province prisons.

Sheet_0000.thumb.jpg.f6ea838a381ccc50bbcdb64119a55cce.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/nbtworld/posts/10158025950537050

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Daily update of new domestic COVID cases by province:

Note: these lists are placing all of the prison cases into the Central region subtotal, even though many of today's new prison cases are coming from Nonthaburi and Chiang province prisons.

Sheet_0000.thumb.jpg.f6ea838a381ccc50bbcdb64119a55cce.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/nbtworld/posts/10158025950537050

Any update on serious hospitalized and ICU?

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1394907458754072579

BREAKING: The Department of Corrections has announced 1,117 new #COVID19 in their prisons today bringing the total to 12,767 or 4.10% of the prison population. Most new cases in Bangkok Remand Prison (521) and Khlong Prem Prison (149) #Thailand

• Thanks 1

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1394910766088691712

The Accident Prevention Network has recently started posting a daily infographic that puts deaths from road accidents and #COVID19 side-by-side in order to get more people to pay attention. These are the stats from yesterday, 48 dead on the road and 35 dead from Covid #Thailand

• Like 2

https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-699694

Field Hospitals to Treat Infected Workers, Inmates

BANGKOK, May 19 (TNA) – The government prepared hospitals including field facilities to treat the workers and inmates who were infected with COVID-19.

Deputy government spokesperson Rachada Dhnadirek said the preparation focused on infected construction workers, mostly migrants, who contracted the disease at their camps in Laksi and Watthana districts of Bangkok.

Asymptomatic people were sent to field hospitals in Samut Sakhon province and symptomatic cases were being brought to the Princess Mother National Institute on Drug Abuse Treatment and Busarakham Hospital.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, anchadian said:

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1394907458754072579

BREAKING: The Department of Corrections has announced 1,117 new #COVID19 in their prisons today bringing the total to 12,767 or 4.10% of the prison population. Most new cases in Bangkok Remand Prison (521) and Khlong Prem Prison (149) #Thailand

Nice little graphic.How many tests have they done to get that infection rate?My guess it isn't 311,507!

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

There is no data supporting a 10% infection rate, outside of the prisons.

CE0C8022-E0CE-4F8E-956C-71E796560607.jpeg

Are you kidding. Si Lom custer was 10.8% just last wk  if I remember correctly. Definetly above 10%. This is when they got their average 5% in just a few clusters last wk in BKK. Now there are many more clusters. Your happy to call people doomsday sayers but maybe we have more rationality than the denyers of what is actually happening. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Nice little graphic.How many tests have they done to get that infection rate?My guess it isn't 311,507!

They don't need to test, just deploy the Covid sniffer dog.

With a budget of 2 baht/inmate an infared thermometer is a luxury testing equipment. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Are you kidding. Si Lom custer was 10.8% just last wk  if I remember correctly. Definetly above 10%. This is when they got their average 5% in just a few clusters last wk in BKK. Now there are many more clusters. Your happy to call people doomsday sayers but maybe we have more rationality than the denyers of what is actually happening. 

Are there many more clusters or are they just searching more and finding more? The number of hospitalizations is a better indication of where the outbreak stands.

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

Are there many more clusters or are they just searching more and finding more? The number of hospitalizations is a better indication of where the outbreak stands.

Yes any number that's going down is the best number to judge the outbreak because rising numbers just indicates it might be getting worse like the number of clusters, not quite exponential but increasing none the less.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

"a", as in one specific case?

Big news is about to break in relation to a covid death. Do not ask any questions in relation to this post please

Did I not say do not ask questions with this one. I am 100% serious about this. Continue and this site may well be taken down.

Edited by dinsdale
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Big news is about to break in relation to a covid death. Do not ask any questions in relation to this post please

This is not a question.

The news media have not reported this 'Big news', as yet.

52 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

I was here then, in 2010, and in 2006.  I did not miss a thing.  Not denying anything like you are trying to state.  The OP is on Covid and the discussion I posted to was on vaccinations.  Try your best not to derail the topic with an accusation that is based on the word I used, Nationalism.  Vaccinating Thais before others is no way to go about ensuring the country can escape a further storm of cases.  You have your view I have mine.

Nationalists do as nationalists do otherwise they wouldn't be nationalists. Expecting a tiger to change stripes will lead to bitter disappointment. Know what you're dealing with and plan accordingly.