Phuket Governor calls for COVID cooperation from foreigners

webfact

14 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Wow, the province is sorrowful because foreigners have covid and are suspected of spreading it....interesting. Are they crying, are the monks chanting to make Covid stay away, or will the warm sunshine, and making all who stay in Phuket eat spicy Som Tam keep Covid away....enquiring minds want to know.

No Ryan the Governor asked the Fortune teller they employed a while back and he told him the falangs are the Spreaders.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

So my white cape with a red cross on it and a sword on my side gives me no quarter in your view

Only if my mask and the Batmobile parked outside gives me some quarter!

14 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Sorry, but #1, #2 and more have been covered by the Sandbox boundaries.  You may not travel outside of the grounds of your hotel on the beach unless it is with a scheduled tour. 

Read more here

Phuket Sandbox Guide - All You need to Know – Royal Vacation (royalvacationdmc.com)

All Guests will have to undergo RT PCR test on Day 5, and if they test Positive, they will be transferred immediately to the hospital, If tested negative, they can visit other islands around Phuket for Just a One day Tour (Tour must be operated by a SHA Certified tour Operator). These Islands Are: Phi Phi Islands – Koh Yao – Phang Nga bay.

Guests must stay at least 7 Nights in Phuket before traveling to any other Province around the Country. They will need to do an RT PCR test 72 hours prior to Departure. In addition, they must present it with the COVID 19 Vaccination certificate to the Checking Point at this Destination.

Tourists are only allowed to stay less than 7 days in Phuket if they Travel back to their home country or any other country. However, while in Phuket they are not allowed to travel to another province in Thailand before finishing 7 Nights in Phuket.

Sorry but I didn’t really get the point with your post.

you see, no one is coming for a 7 day trip to Phuket when its

opening up. 
the people arriving will be tourists looking for a one month plus to long stayers.  And they are coming to Phuket instead of areas like Bangkok to avoid being locked up in a room for many days. 

So after the 7 days, that’s when the holiday starts for the ones that has some connection to Thailand, or the few that doesn’t mind all the fun is closed + all the cheap Charlie’s. 
it won’t make any difference for Phuket or Thailand at all.  

But Thailand at some point has to get the show going again. But just don’t expect it to be anything like before until later next year. And it will remain unrecognizable for years to come. In the end I think it will be better for everyone.   No one wants to have that mental traffic

chaos back there or all the mental touts and scumbags. It was over crowded for years. 

For the ones having invested heavily in Phuket  it’s bye bye to your money. 
“Never invest more in Thailand than you can afford to loose” is always a good benchmark.  I’ve been there and have seen it all and felt it all through

others I know. Economic recession end of 90s, swineflue, tsunami, birdflue, closing of suvarnabhumi, economic recession again,  the volcano ash problem stopping

planes and now covid. 
To invest in any tourism oriented area is one of the highest level of gambling you can do with your money. And the reason is simple. When things go sheit. The first things people stop doing Is holidaying as it’s not possible or a necessity. It’s simple.
And no one made much if they entered 20 years ago in Thailand and ran some business in a tourist area if you take into account where you are today. Today most stand knee deep in sheit. That’s the truth and the only truth. 

In Thailand you can’t talk about what you earn in a year or two.  You need to look at decades. And probably minimum 2 decades to call yourself successful. 

Edited by GeilGeilertzen
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Sorry, but #1, #2 and more have been covered by the Sandbox boundaries.  You may not travel outside of the grounds of your hotel on the beach unless it is with a scheduled tour. 

Read more here

Phuket Sandbox Guide - All You need to Know – Royal Vacation (royalvacationdmc.com)

Totally incorrect.   Those arriving tourists are free to travel independently anywhere in Phuket from arrival.   They can only leave the island on approved operated day trip boat tours (James Bond Island, Phi Phi etc).   After 7 days, with their vaccination certificates and having proof of a test, they will be free to travel anywhere in Thailand (assuming that the destination provinces don't have their own restrictions).

I think it safe to assume that by 1st July, bars that choose to do so will be allowed to re-open, with alcohol sales permitted at restaurants etc (though likely time limited).

Regarding numbers, yes, there will be some who principally have a connection with Phuket (friends/girlfriends here etc), but arrivals will be disappointingly (for local businesses) small.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 4 weeks later...