Over 22,000 inmates in Thailand found infected with COVID-19

webfact

prison.jpg

File photo

Source: Xinhua| Editor: huaxia

BANGKOK, May 28 (Xinhua) -- Over 22,000 inmates in prisons in Thailand have so far been confirmed to be infected with COVID-19, said a government official on Friday.

According to Veerakit Harnpariphan, deputy director general of the Department of Corrections under the Thai Ministry of Justice, a total of 22,101 inmates have tested positive for COVID-19 in 15 prisons located in the capital Bangkok and other areas.

Of them, 15,445 people are currently being treated in hospitals and field hospitals, Veerakit said.

Full story: http://www.xinhuanet.com/english/asiapacific/2021-05/28/c_139975848.htm

inhua.jpg

-- © Copyright Xinhua 2021-05-29

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

Thanks for that-only 220 dead.

...and how many extremely sick do you suppose?

Lots.

And think of the lifelong debilitating illnesses.  What percent is that?  They say long COVID symptoms are between 10 to 30 percent too.  And believe me, it is bad.  Some people are literally bedridden for many months.  Some who got it early on are still recovering.  It's brutal.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, NaamGin said:

How many of these 22,000 were sick or had any symptoms? 

In some regions of the world, up to 85% of people that test positive for the Rona display zero symptoms... 

Fear is the mind killer... 

Oh well.  I haven't read that and I read news sources that are valid not conspiracy trash websites.  I sure hope that you don't.

One friend of mine in Nepal believed what you did.  He is dead now.  Can you imagine having nothing and seeing tourism dry up and not knowing what to do, trying to feed your family and ending up dying from COVID anyways?  He was the nicest guy you could imagine too.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Blumpie said:

Oh well.  I haven't read that and I read news sources that are valid not conspiracy trash websites.  I sure hope that you don't.

One friend of mine in Nepal believed what you did.  He is dead now.  Can you imagine having nothing and seeing tourism dry up and not knowing what to do, trying to feed your family and ending up dying from COVID anyways?  He was the nicest guy you could imagine too.  

Do you consider the CDC a "trash website"? 

I feel for those whose lives have been destroyed over the panic that is the covid response, I see it every day, so don't play the shame game with me... Facts don't care about your feelings... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, NaamGin said:

In case you haven't done the math, the death toll from covid in Thailand is a rounding error, 0.000001109% of the total population, yet many are losing their minds...  

Just the relatives and friends of the 30 or so per day.

1 minute ago, NaamGin said:

Do you consider the CDC a "trash website"? 

I feel for those whose lives have been destroyed over the panic that is the covid response, I see it every day, so don't play the shame game with me... Facts don't care about your feelings... 

The thing that you may need to understand is that, earth wide, health care is crashing and this has nothing to do with your feelings or mine.  Those are the facts and we have severe lockdowns.  If you opened it up you would never get health care for broken bones, appendix operations, etc.  People would die from things like this.

That is what's happening in India right now.

So I defiantly agree with your statement above. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, nausea said:

That's a Dune quote, no?

“I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.”

Bingo... Frank Herbert is my favorite author...  Kudos for picking up the reference... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, jacko45k said:

That silly old much repeated retort has no relation to the discussion. 

I don't think it's silly at all.

The only thing that you need to do is multiply our health care system by 100 doctors and nurses and you could easily handle the pandemic.  Plus maybe 200x intensive care, ventilators, etc.  

As is already known, health care around the planet with severe restrictions in place is crumbling.  

So let us know how you will achieve all these new doctors and workers.  And people to actually do it. And I wish them all the best, because to anyone who was dropped on their heads twenty times as an infant knows, its impossible to do.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

from an early age, we are taught prisoners are not humans.   all evil serial killers, rotten to the core.   

when you get older you realize there is a grey area.  a lot of political prisoners, some framed, some silenced, some on minor offenses.  some definitely dangerous.  

prisoner.........falang.............one word that triggers so much.  

if you are happy so many have COVID......well, that makes all falangs look bad.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jacko45k said:

It is silly and distraction. As for the rest of your post I can't get to your point.

My apologies.

My point is you can have no lockdowns and keep the whole world open (which would never happen) but you would need to increase doctors and nurses 100-200 fold to handle the surge in sick people.  

In other words, it's impossible.

Yes, the other posters point is so ludicrous it's hard to imagine anyone believing in it.  It's no wonder some people in Thailand get freaked out at foreigners.  

16 minutes ago, NaamGin said:

Then how about the 11% jump in the suicide rate in Thailand from 2019 to 2020? Is that pertinent? 

Yes, it is, and another consequence of the Virus and of the reaction to it (closing down everything tourist related). But would no action be a better approach, perhaps bringing us to 2000 deaths daily as the UK did WITH lockdowns?

Edited by jacko45k