Visit UK but can I get Back

49 minutes ago, Carrbhoy said:

Also, the local immigration office would be in Chiang Mai. Do you know if they are 15 days or 23 days?

I believe Chiang Mai is one of the offices requiring 23 days to process a change of Visa status from TV to Non O.  Procedure here:  VE-TV to Non O retirement.pdf Replace 15 days with 23 days.

1 hour ago, Carrbhoy said:

Re using a Tourist visa 60+30, I was hoping to travel end of August (3 months prior to reaching 50) & use the Covid Extension so plan was TV 60 + 30 + Covid Ext. 60. I appreciate this is a bit of a Risk but felt it was Low.

Assuming your birthday is the end of November, you'll need permission of stay until the end of December or beyond, to grant enough application processing time for the Non O application at the start of December.

Your plan of 60 + 30 + 60 would take your permission of stay to the end of January.

However there is no guarantee they will still be issuing 60 day Covid extensions by the end of November, so it is a risk. How long they extend the Covid extension applications for could very much depend on the success of the Phuket Sandbox scheme and the number of tourists they can attract and/or borders re-opening.

Granted it's a small risk, but a lot could change in the next 6 months.

By delaying your entry until the end of September would it guarantee giving you permission of stay until the end of December (60 + 30) and allowing you to apply for the Non O on your 50th birthday, with 23+ days left.

They've only just extended the period of submitting 60 day Covid extensions from May 26th to July 29th.   When are they likely to announce covid extensions beyond May 29? - Page 2 - Thai Visas, Residency, and Work Permits - Thai Visa Forum

It's difficult to anticipate what this Government will do. Announcements are usually at the 11th hour, with no prior warning.

46 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

I believe Chiang Mai is one of the offices requiring 23 days to process a change of Visa status from TV to Non O.  Procedure here:  VE-TV to Non O retirement.pdf Replace 15 days with 23 days.

Assuming your birthday is the end of November, you'll need permission of stay until the end of December or beyond, to grant enough application processing time for the Non O application at the start of December.

Your plan of 60 + 30 + 60 would take your permission of stay to the end of January.

However there is no guarantee they will still be issuing 60 day Covid extensions by the end of November, so it is a risk. How long they extend the Covid extension applications for could very much depend on the success of the Phuket Sandbox scheme and the number of tourists they can attract and/or borders re-opening.

Granted it's a small risk, but a lot could change in the next 6 months.

By delaying your entry until the end of September would it guarantee giving you permission of stay until the end of December (60 + 30) and allowing you to apply for the Non O on your 50th birthday, with 23+ days left.

They've only just extended the period of submitting 60 day Covid extensions from May 26th to July 29th.   When are they likely to announce covid extensions beyond May 29? - Page 2 - Thai Visas, Residency, and Work Permits - Thai Visa Forum

It's difficult to anticipate what this Government will do. Announcements are usually at the 11th hour, with no prior warning.

Brillant Tanoshi - thanks.

I think I will continue to monitor the situation and see what the landscape looks like come 27th July - if they extend again and the sandbox Phuket pilot is delayed or scope not expanded yet (Chiang Mai / Pattaya etc), I can assume (dangerous for Thailand - I know) the Covid extensions will continue. At least 1 further extension which is all I require. I'll take my chances and travel end of Sept. Good to know the Risks and key factors which need to tracked in the meantime.

Thanks for the TV to Non O Retirement pdf. Can I clarify a few points:

5.1 - Letter of guarantee from the bank in Thailand

5.2 - Copies of bank passbook

Q. Do you simply request these from your thai bank on the day you are submitting the Application and the bank will provide same day for a fee? Will they provide the original & a copy or will I have to organise a copy separately (at Imm Office)?

5.1 - 5.3 'All docs must be issued and updated to the same date of the Application....'

As above for 5.1 & 5.2 - seems crazy that you need to obtain on the same day as the Application / Imm Office visit but if that is what is required - you play the game.

Q. Re 5.3 Evidence of foreign currency transferred to Thailand, I'm a bit confused on this requirement. I was intending to transfer to my Thai bank account a few days in advance of my Application to Imm Office. How can this document be issued and updated to the same date of the Application?

8 Rental Agreement - say I travel end of Sept, the Rental Agreement would be End of Sept21 to Feb22. I would be travelling to another place start of March to avoid the air pollution in Chiang Mai.

Q. Would a rental agreement for that period cover off this requirement?

8 Rental Agreement - it also states '..& a rental receipt past 3 months'

Q. If I have only entered Thailand say end of Sept / early Oct, after 7 day quarantine (or not), at the time of Application early Dec, I will not have 3 months worth of Rental. Does the combination of the following cover this requirement off:

- Passport stamp showing Date Of Entry

- Rental Agreement & Rental Receipts (for the period Date Of Entry (or Date I left ASQ to Date of Application)

This is starting to feel like hard work! How much are those Elite options again?!!

Q. Do you know how much a Visa Agency would charge for this TV to Non Imm O & 1 Year Extension Service? 

Thanks again.

CB

On 5/31/2021 at 1:17 PM, DefaultName said:

We don't know what the "rules" will be tomorrow, speculating on several months away is pointless.  Go and chance it, or don't go and accept your situation.  Up to you.

On 5/31/2021 at 7:44 PM, daveAustin said:

Congrats on most pointless post of the day. Some sound, relevant info here. Perhaps stick to the knitting section. ????

It's far from pointless. In fact it's probably the most relevant post in this thread. Today's 'sound, relevant info' could be completely out of date tomorrow, let alone in two months' time.

The only certainty about any travel these days is uncertainty. Here are some examples:

1. I went to UK for 2 months mid March to mid May: I was issued a 10 Day COE ... until that suddenly became 14 Days (with original ASQ booking non-refundable, which many are)

2. Last week I bought a ticket from UK for early July for one of my kids at school there: bought on Lufthansa at lunchtime - 5 hours later they emailed to say 'sorry, flight now leaves UK 6 hours earlier at 9.30 am' - hopeless when you live 3+ hours from LHR. So refunded and now booked on Qatar - but only one way, because who knows if, in August, it will be on Red List or not?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...