Quarantine travelling to the US when not US citizen?

Anyone who know if there currently are quarantine arriving in the US when not citizen but travelling from Thailand and is citizen of a Visa Waiver Program Country and generally can use the ESTA (Electronic System for Travel Authorization) when travelling to USA?

Thanks 

Felt.

7 minutes ago, asiacurious said:

Thanks for replying. So in theory and in my case, who not have been out of Thailand or to my home country in Schengen area for nearly three years I should be good to go following this "present within the following countries during the 14-day period preceding their entry or attempted entry into the United States"

Felt.

On 5/30/2021 at 8:55 AM, Felt 35 said:

Thanks for replying. So in theory and in my case, who not have been out of Thailand or to my home country in Schengen area for nearly three years I should be good to go following this "present within the following countries during the 14-day period preceding their entry or attempted entry into the United States"

Felt.

You won't have any problem entering the US if you are coming from Thailand.  In theory, you are supposed to voluntarily self quarantine for 10 days (7 if you get tested after 5 days).  But there is no enforcement, and it probably won't even be mentioned to you when you arrive.  A few states like Hawaii still may have stricter rules, so its best to google the state's requirements where you will arrive.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/after-travel-precautions.html

• Like 1

I flew to the US a few weeks ago (Chicago), nobody questioned me, nobody mentioned any quarantine. Quarantine is only a recommendation by the CDC, that's all. I also entered under the Visa Waver program and had a valid ESTA.

States such as Illinois and a number of others have had mandatory quarantine in place for some time. Best you check the state of destination before traveling. Best advice is to get Vax before travel but understand that may not be possible.

Thanks for the replies and great information. I think or what I would prefer is to fly Bangkok- Narita- San Francisco and then heading to San Rafael but need to check more about vaccine eligibility for foreigners in San Francisco / San Rafael!

Felt