ํYou can now sign up for our vaccine bulletin

I have just sent an email to the email address as stated above, but have received an automated reply stating that this email address is only for a few specified consular services only, not including anything about covid vaccination programme updates. 

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Hotrats said:

I have just sent an email to the email address as stated above, but have received an automated reply stating that this email address is only for a few specified consular services only, not including anything about covid vaccination programme updates. 

Unbelievable 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Hotrats said:

I received the same.

You can add me to the list of disappointed punters too.  Left hand not knowing about the right hand again.  I think that diplomatically, they fit in with Thailand very well.  The automated reply said:

This mailbox is for applications for the following consular services:

1. ED visa support letter  
  2. Supporting letter for Thai Nationality application  
  3. Submission of Affirmation of Marital Status and supporting documents prior to appointment. Please allow 5 working days for us to reply to your email   
  4. Consular letter relating to the death of a British National in Thailand (funeral directors only).  A member of the team will be in touch with you as soon as possible to organise preparation and collection of documents  

1 hour ago, Hotrats said:

Don't get so hot!

One of the few specified consular services is number 5 "Registration for vaccine bulletin" so maybe we'll get some bulletins later.

• Like 1

A number of "flame" posts removed.

If you have an issue please state it in a polite and concise manner and I am sure it will be addressed or you will be given appropriate referral or instructions.

DO NOT post in an abusive confrontational manner, it will be removed.Observe forum rules please.

• Like 2

Oh dear, Mail.com blocked it too.

This is why, unlike the US citizens in TH, Brits aren't petitioning their embassy to supply vaccines;

Grin and bear it chaps. Obviously the FCO aren't taking this very seriously.

15 hours ago, 3STTW said:

15 hours ago, 3STTW said:

Yahoo mail red-flagged the address and wouldn't even let me send the request.

Same with me - but I noticed that there seemed to be a buckshee 'd' in the address  - i.e. fcdo.gov.uk. so I submitted without the 'd' and it's gone, though god knows where. It will probably be binned by a very confused Admin Officer somewhere in the bowels of King Charles Street.

3 minutes ago, Eff1n2ret said:

Same with me - but I noticed that there seemed to be a buckshee 'd' in the address  - i.e. fcdo.gov.uk. so I submitted without the 'd' and it's gone, though god knows where. It will probably be binned by a very confused Admin Officer somewhere in the bowels of King Charles Street.

FCDO is right (we are the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office) so this shouldn't be a factor and your mail should arrive.  Did you get an automatic response from us? 

Sign up for Covid-19 vaccination?   Not if you live in Khon Kaen.   That's my experience as at 1 June 2021.

Went with a Thai speaker to local hospitals yesterday and either they didn't have any vaccine, which I can understand, and were not registering or as one in particular told me ' You cannot register because you are a foreigner and must wait until all Thai people have registered'.

This is in complete contradiction of the Thai Governement instructions, albeit it is not scheduled to commence until 7June.

The reason I went yesterday was because Thai friends have already registered at their particular hospital here in Khon Kaen.

The Private hospitals merely say 'No vaccine- maybe October or November'.

Edited by Havenstreet1940

14 minutes ago, Ian Wake said:

Tried to request the service using address provided ([email protected].) and hotmail does not recognize the address format.
Is there another address i could request the Covid updates.

Thanks

Try submitting by omitting the 'd' from 'fcdo'. That worked for me. It looks as if email providers somehow haven't adjusted to the new exalted status of the Foriegn Office (see posts above).

• Sad 1

Just now, Bangkokhatter said:

Have tried email address in the OP and also omitting the D as others have suggested but still get mail not delivered message.

Sorry to hear that. No sure why it is happening, as we have 150+ people registered with us without problems. But DM us your e-mail address, and we will add you to the distribution list. 

• Thanks 1

I'm a bit disappointed this facility is apparently just a conduit for bits and pieces from elsewhere.I had hoped that the Embassy would be drawing together the evidence available, including their own inquiries, and making some conclusions, albeit interim and tentative.Incidentally I note that one of the directors at BCCT is the local Astra Zeneca man.He might well (actually definitely will)have background to share with the Embassy.In fact I would be amazed if that dialogue wasn't already in process.So you know more or less, I would venture to suggest, what's the outlook/timetable for AZ rollout in Thailand.We haven't got a clue.

Edited by jayboy

7 minutes ago, jayboy said:

I'm a bit disappointed this facility is apparently just a conduit for bits and pieces from elsewhere.I had hoped that the Embassy would be drawing together the evidence available, including their own inquiries, and making some conclusions, albeit interim and tentative.Incidentally I note that one of the directors at BCCT is the local Astra Zeneca man.He might well (actually definitely will)have background to share with the Embassy.In fact I would be amazed if that dialogue wasn't already in process.So you know more or less, I would venture to suggest, what's the outlook/timetable for AZ rollout in Thailand.We haven't got a clue.

Thanks for the feedback, jayboy. I don't think however we are in a position to draw any conclusions along the lines of what you describe at the moment (and I agree they would be tentative, at best, so not very helpful). This includes on timeframes for future rollout. All we can responsibly do for now is gather all the intel we can and share it. Worth noting we were keen to get this first bulletin out asap - many of the people who have subscribed have questions that it will answer - but it will develop as we extend the network of info gathering. 

• Like 1