Thailand reports 2,230 new COVID-19 cases, 38 new deaths

webfact

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Just to be clear following the new Guidance from WHO

Thailand is currently dominated with over 90% of its infections from the Alpha strain. They have a cluster of the more dangerous Beta strain in the 9 sealed off villages in Tak Bai district and they also have a smidgen of Delta strain in Udon Thani and Bangkok.

But what is the original patent from China called?

https://www.who.int/en/activities/tracking-SARS-CoV-2-variants/

It's an interesting point. Maybe the WHO wants everyone to forget where it came from and how they bent over and took it and look what happened. These people are responsible for the whole S=====t show we're in. I do understand that idiots in charge have excacerbated the pandemic but it surely was let out by the CCP and the WHO.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Fex Bluse said:

Thailand is BARELY testing, so all the stats are fundamentally suspect.

Thailand records tests (including retesting the same subjects), rather than the number of people being tested.

I was able to find some data from https://service.dmsc.moph.go.th/labscovid19/indexen.php

image.thumb.png.4d421c6a86f3b1f8ba421df0c5694533.png

image.png.8c80f70d9f0d1d2a30b3da6a2fc4876d.png

image.png.61126eb0c52b61ea6e8def337762218c.png

If testing data are available for the months prior to the current outbreak,  say January-March this year, then that can be used as a base line of how many tests are used in ASQ, etc.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Excel said:

Well that's odd. All my pals said the same thing without exception which differs from yours. 1 test on arrivals day, another test after 5 days and a third and final test 1  day before release. Now why did you only have two in a 14 day quarantine ? Do you think it has something to do with which hotel and hospital has the arrangement ? If not then where is the uniformity of testing requirements ? Perhaps its changed as these 11 came in betweenn Sept and Nov last year, all stayed in BKK. I would not be surprised however if the ASQ charges remained the same yet the testing protocols become more relaxed in order to increase their margins further. Your thoughts on these disparities ?

It's changed. Back in March, only 2 tests and access to outdoor area for 45-60 mins per day after day 7 and negative test. Also cleaned room 3 times. I was not vaxed.

Buddy of mine just got out today And was fully vaxed (Moderna) on arrival and he had 3 tests...zero room cleanings...and no outdoor area access. 

Much stricter now even for those fully vaxed. For a very short period of time, fully vaxed only had to do 8 or 11 nights...not 15.

Edited by Skeptic7
  • Like 1

Vaccinated healthcare worker in Nonthaburi catches Covid-19

A healthcare worker working on the frontlines in Nonthaburi contracted Covid-19 despite having received two doses of the vaccine, local media reported on Tuesday. He was receiving treatment but his symptoms were not serious.

The worker was inspecting the cluster at Sino Thai, a construction-worker camp in Suan Yai Subdistrict, before testing positive. Local media confirmed the new infection on Tuesday after visiting the Public Health Office in Sai Noi District in the province.

Prasop Sri-Intarasut, a public health academic at the office confirmed to reporters that the healthcare worker-turned-patient is now being treated at a local hospital, while staff who had worked closely with him had tested negative. All the staff members who came in close contact with the worker are now on a 14-day quarantine.

https://www.thaienquirer.com/28113/vaccinated-healthcare-worker-in-nonthaburi-catches-covid-19/

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Skeptic7 said:

It's changed. Back in March, only 2 tests and access to outdoor area for 45-60 mins per day after day 7 and negative test. Also cleaned room 3 times. I was not vaxed.

Buddy of mine just got out today And was fully vaxed (Moderna) on arrival and he had 3 tests...zero room cleanings...and no outdoor area access. 

Much stricter now even for those fully vaxed. 

Appreciate it has changed again but I was talking of Sept-Nov last year where 3 tests were standard. So it appears from what you said they relaxed the 3 to 2 possibly early this year and have now reverted to 3 again, is that your thinking ?

• Like 1

Just now, FarFlungFalang said:

My guess is the Thai data in worldometer stops around the 24th April same as our world in data when things started going pair shaped.

Was thinking the same but I do note other countries have up-to-date data. I suspect Thailand is just more disorganised than many other countries.

the figures heard "Phuket Grand Opening is imminent" so nobody wants to frighten the tourists anymore: In a few days we shall arrive at below 500 for the whole country

1 hour ago, anchadian said:

Thailand’s largest conglomerate, Charoen Pokphand Group (CP Group) says that will pursue ‘alternative vaccines’ for its healthcare workers. The CP Group is a partial owner of the company that manufactures the controversial Sinovac Vaccine

So their own vaccine, that they are part owners of, is not good enough for their own people.  That has to tell you something.....without saying as much

• Confused 1

17 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

They weren't very consistent with their updates as it was and I think the disorganisation might be intentional.Don't want to give people the right impression now do we? 

I agree. But, many here, despite having lived in the country longer than 90 days, seem unable or unwilling to consider that people lie. It's really incredible and exactly why so many people are swindled each and every day, including all the guys who give away their life savings to women of questionable repute.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

34 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

If testing data are available for the months prior to the current outbreak,  say January-March this year, then that can be used as a base line of how many tests are used in ASQ, etc.

Test in ASQ is only make to people who entrance there! So who care that test! Main is total test  every province in Thailand! ASQ people are already isolated from all other!(bad english again normal if wait FIN-CAN ice hockey whit beer)!

Edited by 2 is 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Vaccinated healthcare worker in Nonthaburi catches Covid-19

A healthcare worker working on the frontlines in Nonthaburi contracted Covid-19 despite having received two doses of the vaccine, local media reported on Tuesday. He was receiving treatment but his symptoms were not serious.

So vaccinated with Sinovac more than likely and the positive spin is that even though vaccinated the symptoms were not serious.  Good to know and proof that even vaccinated you can still catch this virus.  Hope the Phuket Sandbox is a success and not a disaster.

43 minutes ago, Excel said:

Appreciate it has changed again but I was talking of Sept-Nov last year where 3 tests were standard. So it appears from what you said they relaxed the 3 to 2 possibly early this year and have now reverted to 3 again, is that your thinking ?

I edited my last post...to include another change they made for the fully vaxed. 8 night or 11 night ASQ depending on where arriving from. That lasted a few weeks. 

This place changes nearly everything with the days of the week. 

Edited by Skeptic7

Send them back and request a refund

3 Chinese armored light tanks (398 million THB) arrived to Thailand today, drawing heavy criticism of their necessities especially with the budget cut of 4 billion baht in the public health sector. Thai army said the purchase was done pre-Covid. #หวยรัฐบาล #โควิด19

https://twitter.com/EvieNHKWORLD/status/1399648731184525312

• Sad 2
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, connda said:

The newletter links this description "Sharp fall in new COVID-19 cases in Thailand"   to the article you are reading here titled: "Thailand reports 2,230 new COVID-19 cases, 38 new deaths." 

??? ????  I'm in constant awe of the unending spin.

This is the spin they create and it just sucks the life out of Thailand as it is never ending

Image result for tornado gif

8 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

Since the numbers are lower today, they might u-turn back again. 

Are these numbers really lower? I seem to recall those higher numbers to be allotted to prisoners in custody. So can not really be added to cases spread locally. 

1 hour ago, Fex Bluse said:

Was thinking the same but I do note other countries have up-to-date data. I suspect Thailand is just more disorganised than many other countries.

Or hiding the truth. Both are applicable to Thailand. Example of hiding the truth? Prisons. They got caught out. Disorganised well TIT.

7 hours ago, Caldera said:

What happened? Have they stopped testing in prisons? Today's numbers definitely look too good to be true!

There is only so many in prison which all of them have already been infected as reported they got " herd immunity " the rest they let go to spread the problem.  ????

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

Yes, this is a non story. It’s been made very clear that vaccines are not to stop you catching Covid, it’s to stop you getting severe symptoms. No vaccine has 100% efficacy.

So a big yawn that someone caught Covid. The vaccine is doing exactly what it’s supposed to do. Making sure he has mild symptoms

So for you it is a non story.  But lets look at it this way, a vaccinated tourist arrives in Phuket and gets infected, and is then hospitalized for 2 weeks or so, or maybe many vaccinated tourists get infected, what kind of spin will be put on that to save the tourism industry......

• Haha 1