Thailand's massive vaccine rollout begins in earnest on June 7 - foreigners included

webfact

58 minutes ago, AUinAsia said:

What about those who don't want to be part of this experiment?

How's your health insurance? The virus in some form will becoem endemic - you will either get infected and develop immunity (assuming you survive, and with the chance of long term sequelae) or get immunity from a vaccine (chance of death is lower than from covid). 

Your travel may also be limited in the future. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, DavisH said:

The info looks about right - faster immune response following following az; some cases of limb weakenss following sinovac. Those are two aspects I'm aware of in LoS (info from my MoPH source).  

Disadvantages: "harmless brief side effects possibility"

Never knew blood clots were harmless... 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Litlos said:

Be nice if there was a usable way for all foreigners to register nationwide as promised. I will not hold my breath waiting having seen the fustercluck of a rollout so far.

Cheers

I registered two weeks ago on first the LINE and then the Android app Mor Prom. I have an appointment at 1600 7-Jun at my local government hospital.

Now, there has been a lot of cross-talk about whether or not Mor Prom is still available for use, or if it's been abandoned, or if the reservations made will be honored.

So, I'm just going in to my appointment and find out then.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, billsmart said:

I registered two weeks ago on first the LINE and then the Android app Mor Prom. I have an appointment at 1600 7-Jun at my local government hospital.

As the 7th is the day it is all supposed to kick off I expect you will be going home untreated... but let us all know either way. 

Pretty sure the App got dumped and I suspect appointments for foreigners went that way too, but good luck.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, MasterBaker said:

bla, bla... where we can register, please?

I registered two weeks ago on the Mor Prom app. My appointment still shows up there.

I'm 75 with a pink card, so that may have made a difference. But, whether or not I'll get the vaccine when I go in for my appointment is still up in the air.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, DavisH said:

The info looks about right - faster immune response following following az; some cases of limb weakenss following sinovac. Those are two aspects I'm aware of in LoS (info from my MoPH source).  

All this time I thought Sinovac had an efficacy of 50%, then again it depends on which country you heard it from, Turkey was up there, Brazil I believe was in the middle.

1 hour ago, AUinAsia said:

What about those who don't want to be part of this experiment?

I suspect our days here are numbered.  Return home and wait for the phase 3 trials to be completed and vax approved.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, billsmart said:

I've not heard anyone say Sinovac is better than AstraZeneca, but the one thing that is for sure is Sinovac is better than no vaccine at all. 

Quite. Sinovac has been used in many countries with a wide range in results, but focus is usually on the worst rather than some sort of average.

Novavax could also be in for a rough ride.

Novavax Inc's (NVAX.O) COVID-19 vaccine had efficacy of 51% against infections caused by the South African variant among people who were HIV negative, and 43% in a group that included people who were HIV positive, according to a new analysis published on Wednesday.

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/novavax-vaccine-shows-43-efficacy-against-south-african-variant-study-finds-2021-05-05/

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, DavisH said:

I probably wouldn't bother at this time even trying to register anywhere. It seems the govt has thrown it's hands in the air and leaving it local authorities in each province. If you only go out once a week for supplies and don't interact with other people, there really is no rush to get vaccinated. 

I agree with what you say on the risk factor.

I did register yesterday at a local clinic . I felt more comfortable after as i can show immigration i have done all i can to be vaccinated . That has not been asked  for  but I feel it is around the corner .

The clinic informed me that they will call me in July for the vaccination to take place .

4 hours ago, colinneil said:

Yes and many will continue to doubt it, until there is substantial proof of it happening.

Personally i think it is just the usual hot air, but hey lets wait and see.

be nice

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Pilotman said:

This report is such a blatant distortion of the truth.  The foreigners concerned, according to the BKK Post,  are diplomats and their families, UN staff and NGOs and those that managed to register on an app that was clear that it was for Thais only. Some foreigners have no doubt managed to wriggle through this chaotic process to get registered and vaccinated, but that not a process, its a free for all  mess. I just hope that the report that we can register to pay for a vaccine at a private hospital  after 7th June is correct, but I won't hold my breath.  If we say that these muppets dont lie, they come as close as possible to doing that. 

As a matter of interest what was your experience when you went through the registration process for a vaccination?

4 minutes ago, vandeventer said:

It's not the side effects that worry me, it's the crappy vaccines.

Life is full of risk . 

Not the side affects it is the crappy vaccines ???. Then it is the side affects you are concerned about .

• Confused 2

26 minutes ago, denis911 said:

Went to Bluport Hua Hin yesterday, submitted my papers, told to go and get a copy of my passport, which I duly did, resubmitted and given a ticket to return at 15;00 hrs., I turned up on time to be given a green slip with 3 QR codes and my ID number, I scanned the QR codes and all the messages were in Thai, I got someone to translate but they couldn't understand it, or how it worked, I returned to the desk and the nurse gave my phone to another worker and said "Ok you are registered" I asked when do I get my jab to be told "ALL VACCINE GONE, COME BACK NEXT MONTH" ha ha <deleted> ups in breweries comes to mind, but T.I.T x

I don't know what you thought was going on when you went there, but all that was being done at BlúPort was registration for getting the vaccine. There were no vaccinations being done there, as that was never the plan.

All the vaccinations for all the people I know (or who have talked about it online) who registered at BlúPort, will be done at the Hua Hin Hospital in July.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, webfact said:

When it is in full swing he estimated that at least 500,000 people could be jabbed each day nationwide and up to one million. 

My estimate falls somewhat short of that figure. But then I have always been poor at mathematics.

• Haha 1