Thailand's massive vaccine rollout begins in earnest on June 7 - foreigners included

webfact

17 hours ago, edogthong said:

Those were actual approved vaccines. 

Feel free to believe the testing of vaccines in the 50's was more advanced than it is today.

The drug Heparin created a similar problem to what has been seen with AZ and JJ, took them 30 years to establish the fact.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, WineOh said:

it's also estimated that I could cut down on my daily Wine intake from 10 glasses down to 5.

The likelihood of this happening however is virtually zero. 

same same here.

Hardly an excessive amount. Mind you, I was a real wino. 

12 hours ago, Simons3 said:

The USA is managing about 1,000,000 doses a day with all it's resources ( which having gone through are very Impressive, no expense spared! )

In a nutshell. It is the countries that have the resources that are causing problems in many other countries around the world.

“Whatever pledges and promises the G7 make, they are still leaving pharmaceutical corporations to decide who lives and who dies, unless they back the ending of these COVID vaccine monopolies.”

https://reliefweb.int/report/world/more-million-covid-deaths-4-months-g7-leaders-failed-break-vaccine-monopolies

On 6/3/2021 at 9:48 AM, ezzra said:

Any step forward is a step in the right direction, now let us all skepticls and yee of us with little faith just sit back and wish them the best...

The good wife tells me i'm alreadyin the que on the local register for the "Sinovax" (daughter's friend works at the local hospital),she has yet to give me a date.

Sakhon Nahkon Province.

Will keep TV updated

2 hours ago, johnarth said:

three days ago my Thai wife received her card saying she will be notified again in August about when she might receive the vaccine so all going well no lies on her card

My wife registered us both on the local authority website before the Mor Phrom was brought into use. This morning she got a call to go and pick up her appointment card, which is for the 29th June, she is 59.

When she got there she saw my name below hers with June 7th against it and she asked how they got that. She was told that the local authority lists and Mor Phrom were linked to prevent double booking and that I had chosen the June 7th date. That choice must have been made with the phone call from the village head.

Mor Phrom is very much at the centre of things despite what some seem to think and steady progress being made.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, sandyf said:

In a nutshell. It is the countries that have the resources that are causing problems in many other countries around the world.

“Whatever pledges and promises the G7 make, they are still leaving pharmaceutical corporations to decide who lives and who dies, unless they back the ending of these COVID vaccine monopolies.”

https://reliefweb.int/report/world/more-million-covid-deaths-4-months-g7-leaders-failed-break-vaccine-monopolies

Not sure about the rest of the G7 but the US is shipping  tens of Millions of doses overseas on a regular basis to the less fortunate countries, plus everyone exclusive of nationality and residency status within the US Borders is receiving fee shots of their Vaccine of choice. Just seems logical to me that the region of the world's economy responsible for the production and distribution of the Vaccine to less fortunate countries  should be protected first in order that they can continue to ramp up production in order to facilitate vaccination of the rest of the world.

On 6/3/2021 at 7:08 AM, GeorgeEboy said:

What's worse a locally produced AstraZeneca or Sinovac vaccine? ????

AstraZenica is purported to be more effective.. plus I would trust Oxford University before I trusted  a Chinese Scientist from WuHan. ????

51 minutes ago, Simons3 said:

Not sure about the rest of the G7 but the US is shipping  tens of Millions of doses overseas on a regular basis to the less fortunate countries, plus everyone exclusive of nationality and residency status within the US Borders is receiving fee shots of their Vaccine of choice. Just seems logical to me that the region of the world's economy responsible for the production and distribution of the Vaccine to less fortunate countries  should be protected first in order that they can continue to ramp up production in order to facilitate vaccination of the rest of the world.

To quote the best concert of all time, stop making sense

Truly love how you can go from one thread in here where US expats are excoriated for "entitlement" over having the gall to ask their embassy to help them with vaccinations during a pandemic to another where people are then saying, "how dare the countries that created the vaccines protect their citizens before countries where someone like I live" is somehow perfect.  :Chef's kiss:

And all of that instead of blaming a government who chose producing a vaccine in a facility and with scientists that have never made vaccines so they could profit selling to other countries, instead of buying doses to provide their citizens

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Simons3 said:

Good spin, but stick to the facts.

An earlier pledge to export 60 million doses of the vaccine from AstraZeneca PLC came with little sacrifice because that vaccine has yet to be authorized for U.S. use. The U.S. now plans to share globally 20 million doses of vaccines produced by Moderna Inc., Pfizer Inc. and Johnson & Johnson , all of which are being used in the U.S.

The U.S. has faced criticism both at home and abroad for policies that prioritized the vaccination of Americans, in part through contracts that required vaccine makers to deliver most initial production to the U.S. government.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/biden-to-commit-to-exporting-covid-19-vaccines-by-end-of-june-11621269053?mod=article_inline

On 6/3/2021 at 4:44 PM, ivor bigun said:

Checked with my hospital ,i am still registered for my shot ,more than likely astra zinica they said.,wife phoned this morning 

just got a message from the hospital ,vacination date put back as they dont have enough vacine .

????????????????

You try registering for a vaccination using the channels they say.

They do not want to know. And you are referred to another area/department etc etc

Have tried registering on many occasions.

It is a no go for me, must have the wrong face

100% Vaccination Success at Pattaya Memorial Hospital. I registered May 3 on Mor Prom App (over 60 and Pink ID card) got an appointment call on Saturday for vaccination today June 7 instead of June 9 , Went to the hospital 7:30 was number 37 in line got in a 8 AM to the first of 6 stations. 1. Registration and blod pressure, 2. Appointment check and printout of registration information, 3. Health screening and blood pressure, 4.Signing of documents,  5.Vaccination with AZ vaccin, r.Appointment card for second vaccin shot and resting for 30 minutes, Go home. Overall experience , Extremely well organized wonderful proffessionel personell at the hospital, the took really care of everyone. I think I was the only farang there at least between 8-10 am . Now just waiting for jab 2 , 27 of September... I guess I had a look of luck and wish the same luck to the rest of you...

On 6/3/2021 at 4:32 PM, edogthong said:

Those were actual approved vaccines. 

So are these , thousands of scientist reacting to a dangerous virus means timescales can be well reduced. In normal times possibly a handful of research companies looking at vaccines meaning it takes longer. If you build a wall with a thousand bricklayers it'll take a day , build it with 1 and it'll take a year ... common sense really .

On 6/5/2021 at 12:03 AM, Simons3 said:

AstraZenica is purported to be more effective.. plus I would trust Oxford University before I trusted  a Chinese Scientist from WuHan. ????

You don't think these global scientists regularly communicate then ? It isnt just different people in different labs you know , information is shared constantly between all countries , yes including China. Back to the daily Mail for you ... 

On 6/3/2021 at 1:01 PM, Excel said:

Editorial garbage really as past history of this governments performance is calamitous.

Plus, as always, very poor reporting with no checking for accuracy/relevance etc., of the content of the report.

And no doubt the reporter didn't ask any questions to gain clarity or to ensure there's no ambiguity etc. 

I got my AZ vaccine today free at my local hospital. Thank you Thailand.

Just walked in sat down filled out the form, showed passport check blood pressure + weight.

Waited a little while vaccinated then 30 min wait, to see there is no reaction, then they gave me an appointment card for my next jab in September 2021. Didn`t take too long.

Happy days so simple.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ray666 said:

Just walked in sat down filled out the form, showed passport check blood pressure + weight.

Waited a little while vaccinated then 30 min wait, to see there is no reaction, then they gave me an appointment card for my next jab in September 2021. Didn`t take too long.

Happy days so simple.

Appointement of any sort? Location? 

2 hours ago, ray666 said:

Happy days so simple.

Which part of Thailand?

5 hours ago, ray666 said:

Happy days so simple.

@ray666 Please be kind enough to post details here https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1218852-vaccination-experiences-please-post-here/page/2/?tab=comments#comment-16548607

17 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Which part of Thailand?

Hello Dr Jack, sorry to butt in but I saw a post earlier (which I now can not find) and the comment was "I will wait till I get infected, and then get the jab.".

Interesting point, if you were infected and got the jab would it kill you or cure you.? 

There are bound to be some asymptomatic / newly infected people getting jabbed

10 minutes ago, rott said:

Hello Dr Jack, sorry to butt in but I saw a post earlier (which I now can not find) and the comment was "I will wait till I get infected, and then get the jab.".

Interesting point, if you were infected and got the jab would it kill you or cure you.? 

There are bound to be some asymptomatic / newly infected people getting jabbed

I also searched my posts and can't find anything like what you recall.

I certainly would not state that.

The thing I have posted few times is that I will wait untill the vax is available in private hospitals. That may be October or even mach later. Don't what to sound over but I spent most of last year on island when there were restrictions in Bkk.

Currently back on island since April 1 and will remain untill vax available in private hospitals. Expensive but that's the option I opted for.

The registration system is simply a means to cover up and smoke screen the current lack of supply.

18 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I also searched my posts and can't find anything like what you recall.

I certainly would not state that.

The thing I have posted few times is that I will wait untill the vax is available in private hospitals. That may be October or even mach later. Don't what to sound over but I spent most of last year on island when there were restrictions in Bkk.

Currently back on island since April 1 and will remain untill vax available in private hospitals. Expensive but that's the option I opted for.

The registration system is simply a means to cover up and smoke screen the current lack of supply.

Ha ha Jack thank you for your prompt reply, I did not say it was your post I was asking your opinion in light of your superior knowledge. 

I saw the post (from whomever) and it got me thinking what effect would the vaccine have on an already infected person. Kill? Cure? Neither?

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/4/2021 at 7:57 PM, sandyf said:

Good spin, but stick to the facts.

An earlier pledge to export 60 million doses of the vaccine from AstraZeneca PLC came with little sacrifice because that vaccine has yet to be authorized for U.S. use. The U.S. now plans to share globally 20 million doses of vaccines produced by Moderna Inc., Pfizer Inc. and Johnson & Johnson , all of which are being used in the U.S.

The U.S. has faced criticism both at home and abroad for policies that prioritized the vaccination of Americans, in part through contracts that required vaccine makers to deliver most initial production to the U.S. government.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/biden-to-commit-to-exporting-covid-19-vaccines-by-end-of-june-11621269053?mod=article_inline

Err ok then... the US has pledged to donate 500 million doses of Pfizer .. please stick to the facts 20 Million is the number that's already shipped   cheers ????  https://www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-to-donate-500-million-covid-19-vaccine-doses-to-lower-income-countries-11623263573

6 hours ago, Simons3 said:

Err ok then... the US has pledged to donate 500 million doses of Pfizer .. please stick to the facts 20 Million is the number that's already shipped   cheers ????  https://www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-to-donate-500-million-covid-19-vaccine-doses-to-lower-income-countries-11623263573

So you think that mitigates buying 60 million AZ that they have never bothered to approve.

Bottom line is they deprived other countries, Thailand being one of them, of that 60 million AZ doses.

Of course much easier to blame the Thai government for the AZ delays.