Thailand's massive vaccine rollout begins in earnest on June 7 - foreigners included

webfact

4 hours ago, Crossy said:

It's these long waits with loads of other (potentially infectious) people that puts me off even bothering. The concept of timed appointments just doesn't seem to exist here. My good lady has regular hospital visits but the "appointment" just says 8AM like everyone else's, get there early to avoid the queue ???? 

We will continue our routine of bubble isolation, minimal interaction and social distancing until the rush has died down. There might even be some of the more preferred (I won't say "better") vaccines available by then.

I booked and had confirmed an appointment for 2PM 7th June. This was changed yesterday to 8AM 10th June. At 60 slots a day that's 180 have queue barged me.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, thonglorjimmy said:

As a matter of interest what was your experience when you went through the registration process for a vaccination?

I didn't because I'm not Thai. The app clearly states that it is for Thai ID card holders only

1 minute ago, rbkk said:

I booked and had confirmed an appointment for 2PM 7th June. This was changed yesterday to 8AM 10th June. At 60 slots a day that's 180 have queue barged me.

Let's see what actually happens on the 10th, if it's not changed again of course.

• Like 2

So the story is that priority 1. people between 18-59 and 2. people above 60 and people with underlying illness . I registered on the  Mor Prom app. May 5 and got a slot June 9 in Pattaya, does anyone know if it's still valid appointments for those that manage to register before the app was changed to make it impossible to register. According to Bangkok post May 26 the booked appointments are still valid, but that was a long time ago in the flip flop environment we live in...

Edited by blackcab
Link to the Bangkok Post removed
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, thonglorjimmy said:

As a matter of interest what was your experience when you went through the registration process for a vaccination?

In Phuket,  Bangkok hospital told me they had no news of any vaccine and that I couldn’t register. That was 2 weeks ago.

I didn’t mind too much, the hospital I use in Udon called me to ask if I wanted to register. I said I did and they gave me an appointment date of 14th June. Now I am just waiting for them to confirm that they will actually have the vaccine. At the moment they don’t have a single dose in their hands.

you could argue that the registration process was seamless. They did it all and all I did was send them a photo of my pink card.

on the other hand, I am making  two 1 hour 30 mins flight to get the jab, taking basically a whole day, given waiting time at airports and drives from home to airport. Not quite so seemless.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

Great news and the THAI MAGIC CRYSTAL BALL is rolling again... Lets throw the dies today and check the number ????  AZ made in Thailand already reduced their shipments to the Philippines by 10%.

The words earnest, and Prayuth administration are completely oxymoronic.

Anything these guys say at this point means nothing. Less than zero. If they ever had any credibility, it is long gone. They are so far past the sell by date, it boggles the mind. This nation needs new leadership, and it needs it yesterday. Long live the youth. Out with the dinosaurs.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Let's see what actually happens on the 10th, if it's not changed again of course.

The last scrum I was in was over 40 years ago. I don't intend to start again on 10th June.

• Like 1

As I am a regular patient at two Pattaya hospitals, and am over 70 years old with one kidney, I should be on the vulerable list.

However although my DR at one hosptial assusered me that all their patients would be treated asasp, two days ago they had not even started a list!!!!

They just announced that -:

A royal order signed by Princess Chulabhorn, the sister of King Maha Vajiralongkorn, will allow a Bangkok medical facility that carries her name to begin importing alternative vaccines for distribution.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, wensiensheng said:

(Grin) I personally could spend a day collecting the same format of information from 20 different sources and footnoting and referencing each and every source at the bottom. Would that make it "credible"?

You'd spend 3 or 4 hours checking every reference, would you? ????

Having said that . . . I've just spent a while with this article (dated 29th May)
https://pharmaceutical-journal.com/article/feature/everything-you-need-to-know-about-covid-19-vaccines
and there is a significant difference in the figures - particularly the alarming "9%" of the AZ (last column). I can/t find any reference at all online to this 9%  effectiveness against the B.1.617 strain.

Will us over 80 plus, farangs have to report to the hospital holding our medical records or can an appointment be made by phone? Or even maybe, a representative will be allowed to do it for you? Like your wife for instance.

5 hours ago, WineOh said:

it's also estimated that I could cut down on my daily Wine intake from 10 glasses down to 5.

The likelihood of this happening however is virtually zero. 

same same here.

Yeah,but I bet it’s fruit 'wine' (trades descriptions transgression there) so the equivalent of sinovac. I will drink a glass or two of Australian Yellow tail every month or so with a Wagyu steak or New Zealand rack of lamb- at least the equivalent of AZ or Pfizer. ???? 

• Confused 1

Let's see, would  "Thailand's earnest vaccine rollout begins massively on June 7 - foreigners not excluded..." sound somewhat better?

Imaginative (sarcasm alert!) use of adjectives (today's "massive/earnest") in this vaccination headline du jour suddenly jogs my memory back to the days when my friend Diane's selection of local newspaper clippings that she used to mail from Honolulu, arrived like clockwork at end of month, just to keep me up to date... Among her/our favorites, the weekly weather forecast:

Monday - sunny with some clouds
Tuesday - lots of sunshine, partly cloudy
Wednesday - some clouds passing, mostly sunny
Thursday - few clouds but lots of sun for the most part of the day
Friday - clear sunny sky but for some clouds
Saturday - sunny except mild puffs of clouds in the afternoon
Sunday - sunny with clouds.

1 hour ago, wensiensheng said:

on the other hand, I am making  two 1 hour 30 mins flight to get the jab, taking basically a whole day, given waiting time at airports and drives from home to airport. Not quite so seemless.

as you need 2 jabs for sinovax 2-4 weeks and for AZ 16 weeks, you might need 4 flights and 2 days. Still, worth

Question:

Many people are very negative on the Sinovac vaccine, but no one says why (except a few who obviously don't like anything Chinese).

So I would like to know why the negativity (especially since it has now been approved by WHO.

I haven't seen any adverse reports on Sinovac, has anyone?

Edited by couchpotato
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, internationalism said:

as you need 2 jabs for sinovax 2-4 weeks and for AZ 16 weeks, you might need 4 flights and 2 days. Still, worth

55555 you are quite right. I normally go to Udon during the summer school holidays for a couple of weeks, but will need to go back for the second jab. It’s AZ, so I guess 4 months time for the second. Seems a long time.

I also have to be able to get back into Phuket after only having had one jab. My daughter won’t have had even one. Pretty sure one or both of us will need a test, but I’ll wait till closer to the time to check. No point looking now in case it changes 555