Thailand's massive vaccine rollout begins in earnest on June 7 - foreigners included

webfact

My wife asked at my local hospital (where I'm registered) about foreigners booking a jab. They said that they didn't know the procedure concerning farang and that I should maybe use the Mor Prom app. That answer was in line with what I expected, I'd have been surprised at anything else.

"From next week it will start to become apparent if the critics and naysayers are eating regular Thai food, or there is an uptick in the consumption of humble pie."

There'll be no humble pie eaten in this household by the look of things.

Edited by jesimps

2 minutes ago, IamNoone88 said:

I've given up reading about the vaccination roll-out. I have given up interest in any third rate vaccine. If I catch and spread it, so be it. 

Roll-on, not roll out. They were giving a free deodorant roll-on....

One hospital can not participate as there are not enough vaccines...<deleted>

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/chulabhorn-hospital-to-stop-giving-sinovac-and-astrazeneca-vaccines-from-june-14th/

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Haha 1

Hmmm . . . Koh Samui doesn't seem to be having administrative problems (except for the fact that the vaccines haven't materialised yet). The local government hospital kick the useless joke of the Mor Prom into touch and a̳r̳e̳ ̳u̳s̳i̳n̳g̳ ̳t̳e̳l̳e̳p̳h̳o̳n̳e̳s̳ ̳a̳s̳ ̳a̳c̳t̳u̳a̳l̳ ̳t̳e̳l̳e̳p̳h̳o̳n̳e̳s̳ ̳t̳o̳ ̳t̳a̳l̳k̳ ̳t̳o̳ ̳p̳e̳o̳p̳l̳e̳ ̳w̳i̳t̳h̳, and then writing down (in writing) appointments in an actual real book. Novel, eh?

They're even using something called email to confirm registrations!

&&&$ - CAP.jpg

Edited by robsamui

Deputy at the Dept. of Disease Control Sophon Iamsirithaworn told the Thai media that they want as many Thais and foreigners residing in Thailand to be vaccinated as possible.    -----   And the light comes on ----- But with the cavoite ..   to be vaccinated as possible.   To rid a virus, it is a no brainer to treat everyone just like getting rid of Polio in the 60"s.  Smallpox and others.   Come on, stop trying to make this into a money game.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Reading some of these posts, I get the impression that some folk are actually going to attend various locations and 'register' for appointment on June 7.

Surely not! 

I know a guy that registered 3 times as he keep going back and taking his name off than putting it back  on again. In the end he left it off. A lot of people are confused on what to do. Maybe if they had more of a choice of vaccines they would be less confused.

2 minutes ago, vandeventer said:

I know a guy that registered 3 times as he keep going back and taking his name off than putting it back  on again. In the end he left it off. A lot of people are confused on what to do. Maybe if they had more of a choice of vaccines they would be less confused.

Thailand is not the only country that F.. thing up when control is in hands of government. Especially a corrupt one.

For expats the best option would be to deal with private hospital (at a cost) 

Thai government should assist this rather than hinder.

Just to bring things into perspective. This is the online appointment for a Thai National in Ireland, looks pretty professional to me and the comment was how easy it was, hmmm. Anyone game to say Thailand hubs of Apps and vaccines?     No, I thought not.

Cheers

Vaccine.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I left thailand 4 weeks ago because I couldnt get a jab in a private hosp, a mass rollout  needs expertees from the first world with priorty to the risk groups working down the ages.

I was in a jab queue for my first pfizer last week ( Ireland)the organization first class to the movement into the booth for the shot and the area for after receiving, didnt see 1 ounce of confusion . operation managed meticulously given a card with vac name, batch no. and date for 2nd jab.

"someone said to me that day how could a corrupt country like Thailand do a vaccine rollout"

Channel 4 did a docu call "jabbed" uk rollout started april 2020 with planning and logistics

Thai's would be incapable of doing the same.

If a foreigner can return to his country they should

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, DavisH said:

My wife had astrazeneca recently. She had a minor fever, tiredness, headache and swollen lymph node. She recovered fully in one day. 

How wonderful - you need to get sick to keep from getting sick. 
I'll give it a pass. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, internationalism said:

they have delivered yesterday 1.6mln of AZ, there should be another 4.6mln to the end of June.

The rest is still sinovac

I think many people will be fooled into believing that they are getting the AZ.

Anutin just ordered 11mln of sinovac, it will be coming already in June, till August.

By the end of August thailand will have 20mln sinovac and 26mln the AZ (if there is no delays or quality problems).

Thai were vaccinated from March, foreigners sometimes from July (the is a waiting line for appointments)

In the Phillipines, they had to stop telling people which vaccine they were getting because people were being picky and refusing certain vaccines.

6 hours ago, couchpotato said:

Question:

Many people are very negative on the Sinovac vaccine, but no one says why (except a few who obviously don't like anything Chinese).

So I would like to know why the negativity (especially since it has now been approved by WHO.

I haven't seen any adverse reports on Sinovac, has anyone?

Mostly because they are China made. Partly because it is perceived as low efficacy. It is safe though. However, people should understand that any vaccine is better than no vaccine!

6 hours ago, wensiensheng said:

Pretty comprehensive review of the state of play so far isn’t it?

two things struck me.

1. If Thailand keeps playing the one jab and you’re vaccinated card then it will come back to bite them in the “you know what” later. It seems clear that in many aspects one jab is significantly less effective than two.

2. Although based on somewhat limited data, AZ seems fairly ineffective against the variant first identified in S Africa (beta?)

Thanks for posting the data. 

South Africa variant is not prevalent in Thailand so it doesn’t really matter. Any vaccine is better than no vaccine.. even 1 jab is better than none.

6 hours ago, edogthong said:

Everyone should be worried about the language used. How can EVERYONE get vaccinated when not EVERYONE wants to? This is scary stuff. Forced inoculations or even just pressuring people to get injected is a violation of Human Rights.

“Can” means it is a possibility. Nobody is forcing yet, although they might if the crisis gets worse and people are still refusing. FYI, this is not the West. If you are worried about human rights, go back home!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Massive rollout 555

Knowing the Thais they could,,, all around the country innoculate 600,000 a day.

That I have great faith in,

using the 900 stations on standby.

Then after 10 days there will be no more vaccine

10 minutes ago, Rolander said:

Many well read Thais will refuse any covid vaccine.

They are aware of the health risks associated with untested vaccines not approved by the FDA.

I see.  So Thais are simultaneously stupid and "well read" on "the health risks".  

I read the funniest stuff on this forum.  ????

Edited by shdmn
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, connda said:

How wonderful - you need to get sick to keep from getting sick. 
I'll give it a pass. 

A low grade fever for a day is better than being on oxygen support or a ventilator. Besides, she is one of the people doing the jabbing. Be nice. 

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, robsamui said:

My main concern is that after the first jab the protection remains low (10% or something)

and even the second jab only takes it to 40-odd %

What's the source of your concern? The numbers look wrong.

Edited by Fromas

10 hours ago, Litlos said:

Just to bring things into perspective. This is the online appointment for a Thai National in Ireland, looks pretty professional to me and the comment was how easy it was, hmmm. Anyone game to say Thailand hubs of Apps and vaccines?     No, I thought not.

Cheers

Vaccine.JPG

Thailand is the Hub of Apps and Vaccines! ????

21 hours ago, internationalism said:

they have delivered yesterday 1.6mln of AZ, there should be another 4.6mln to the end of June.

The rest is still sinovac

I think many people will be fooled into believing that they are getting the AZ.

Anutin just ordered 11mln of sinovac, it will be coming already in June, till August.

By the end of August thailand will have 20mln sinovac and 26mln the AZ (if there is no delays or quality problems).

Thai were vaccinated from March, foreigners sometimes from July (the is a waiting line for appointments)

I have seen reports suggesting that Sinovac has fewer deleterious side effects than most.

6 hours ago, DavisH said:

A low grade fever for a day is better than being on oxygen support or a ventilator. Besides, she is one of the people doing the jabbing. Be nice. 

Okay so: exactly what are the odds of being put on oxygen support/ventilator. Before you answer, you'll need to factor in the following:

• My wife and I rarely go out, if ever
  • We eat at home
  • When we do go out we always mask and keep our distance from others
  • We apply alcohol religiously when we do go out
  • Wash our hands frequently
  • Exercise daily (walk 4 miles every day at 5am, when there are no people around)
  • Have our groceries delivered
  • Eat healthy and generally live a very healthy lifestyle

So, please tell me what are the odds that two 'uneducated people', like ourselves will end up on a ventilator or on oxygen and why we would be compelled to be inoculated with a foreign substance that has not been fully proven out, based on current medical standards. The FDA hasn't fully approved a vaccine for anything other than emergency use. Even if they do, I won't be getting one, same as I never got a flu shot. If you want to get a jab - any jab - that's your choice, I have no problem with that. I fully understand why some would weigh their risk and decide to get vaccinated, but it's not for me, nor am I putting anyone else at risk.

12 hours ago, vandeventer said:

And some people are contributing to that confusion.....

9 hours ago, hioctane said:

In the Phillipines, they had to stop telling people which vaccine they were getting because people were being picky and refusing certain vaccines.

Mostly because they are China made. Partly because it is perceived as low efficacy. It is safe though. However, people should understand that any vaccine is better than no vaccine!

South Africa variant is not prevalent in Thailand so it doesn’t really matter. Any vaccine is better than no vaccine.. even 1 jab is better than none.

“Can” means it is a possibility. Nobody is forcing yet, although they might if the crisis gets worse and people are still refusing. FYI, this is not the West. If you are worried about human rights, go back home!

When you say with such certainty that the Beta (s Africa) variant is not prevalent in Thailand, can you say with equal certainty that it will not be so in the future?

No, I thought not. So perhaps it does matter.

Edited by wensiensheng
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, wensiensheng said:

When you say with such certainty that the Beta (s Africa) variant is not prevalent in Thailand, can you say with equal certainty that it will not be so in the future?

No, I thought not.

Who the  hell knows...The Indian variant (Delta) seems more likely, although perhaps the newcomers on the block, Vietnam and Nepal. 

17 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Who the  hell knows...The Indian variant (Delta) seems more likely, although perhaps the newcomers on the block, Vietnam and Nepal. 

My point exactly. So dismissing the information in the article originally posted as hioctane did, just because the Beta variant isn’t currently prevalent in Thailand, is very short sighted.

• Like 2