Red Bull boss case set to be freshly considered "to restore confidence in public prosecutors"

webfact

17 hours ago, sambum said:

If I remember rightly he tried to say that it was Novocaine as he'd been to the dentists that year! ????

That year! ???????????? Just goes to show that he doesn’t know the first thing about coke other than how to snort it!

20 hours ago, webfact said:

The new committee chief is Phachorn Yutthithamdamrong and he promised a "new broom"

How many committees & new brooms is that now?  Each pathetic attempt to prove the existence of any justice in Thailand, is counter-productive.

17 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Simple, he's not wanted in London or at any F1 events around the world.

Interpol doesn't detain anyone and their notices are only advisory to member police forces.  It's up to those countries to decide if there are grounds to arrest him in that country where he has not committed any offences.

I thought that Interpol 'blue' notices were the advisory ones whereas the 'red' ones required a bit more action?

That was something that came up the last time 'Boss' was in the news and got some of TV's best armchair wiki lawyers all wound up.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

This red notice how red is it just a bit pinkish otherwise the Met would have banged up year's ago ????

You can search for Red Notices on Interpol's website by using country & name of accused.  By doing so, you will discover that the Thais have never actually issued a Red Notice for him.

Unbelievable! Someday somebody is going to produce a 30-part TV soap about this charade... which only is going to air abroad, of course, because it certainly will be banned in Thailand for "depicting the nation in a negative light and tarnishing its image". 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Misterwhisper said:

Unbelievable! Someday somebody is going to produce a 30-part TV soap about this charade... which only is going to air abroad, of course, because it certainly will be banned in Thailand for "depicting the nation in a negative light and tarnishing its image". 

Well hopefully by the time that is produced the elements of human life forms who run and control this country will have had their payback. It won't so much be a 30 part soap, more like a comedy based on stupidity and greed.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Interpol Red Notices don't compel any member country's police force to arrest anyone, even the Met, they're advisory notices, that's all.

Yes. Mind you, if there were such a request, probably the Met would have picked him up, and asked ( publicly) if Thailand wanted him back. Embarrassing!

That would likely have led to an extradition case in the UK courts - even more embarrassing!

2 hours ago, NanLaew said:
19 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Simple, he's not wanted in London or at any F1 events around the world.

Interpol doesn't detain anyone and their notices are only advisory to member police forces.  It's up to those countries to decide if there are grounds to arrest him in that country where he has not committed any offences.

Expand  

I thought that Interpol 'blue' notices were the advisory ones whereas the 'red' ones required a bit more action?

No, they're all advisories, no police forces are under any obligation to follow any of Interpol's notices.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, pacovl46 said:

That year! ???????????? Just goes to show that he doesn’t know the first thing about coke other than how to snort it!

Sorry -"that year" was said tongue in cheek!

I was implying that (as you have just said) that Novocaine is a totally different animal to the snorting tackle!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, geoffrobbo said:

No reward for capture, just reward for letting him go free again

I suppose Thailand is the hub of fishing: "Catch and release"

reward might be "we'll let you live..."

23 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Even if there was such an offence under Thai law, what would you base it on?   Is it an offence to provide your family members with money, even if he is a fugitive?   No, it isn't

Yes it is.

1 hour ago, Xonax said:

Time for a new pile of brown envelopes?

Time to stop wasting thaivisa/all media space, nothing will result/nothing will be allowed to result, total waste of breath and time 'sear wella'.

On 6/3/2021 at 3:58 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

This is a country where Thai laws apply, not US laws.

Yes. You see, that is WHY I responded that I do not know if it is a crime in Thailand.  You did not ASK about crimes in Thailand. Your post suggested that it was stupid to charge someone with a crime for assisting a family member's illegal activity and helping them to avoid justice by supplying them with money. The fact that Thailand considers it a crime to write a negative review of a hotel on social media, and does not consider it a crime to aid and abet serious felonies, is, apparently, YOUR problem, not mine. 

• Haha 2