Ordering meat online.

12 hours ago, covidiot said:

To be fair, beef is perhaps the most expensive source of protein and only affordable to middle class folks. People in China have started consuming more beef only in recent years as the middle class has increased. 

Also, you clearly haven't heard about cricket protein bars being sold in the west. 

https://exoprotein.com

Crickets are one of the best sources of protein on the planet. They’re a nutritionally-balanced, delicious treat packed full of fuel -- which might be why over 80% of the world already eats them. Best of all, cricket farming is environmentally-friendly and sustainable. 

Cricket? I would rather it grass.

14 hours ago, tgw said:

personally, I dislike the Aussie steaks sold by the big M supermarket. I even tried the expensive ones because I like to treat myself from time to time, but the taste is just off, and you are right they tend to lose a lot of moisture when cooked.

the color of the meat is very important, darker means the water content is higher. light colored meat contains much less water and will be tough if cooked any further than blue rare.

EDIT: actually, the fact that it's called "blue rare" is telling. good meat will really look bluish-dark red, while meat with insufficient moisture will just look bright red.

Youtube a bit.

I saw how they change the colour of beef.

12 hours ago, BKKrichard said:

Paleo Robbie nothing better within the borders of the Kingdom

I second that. I order monthly about 3/4k Baht of meat and never been disappointed. It's all high qualty and grass fed. Siamburis mail order also get a regular order from me, they are slightly cheaper.

Best thing about both of them is they ship in foam boxes packed with dry ice and everything so far has arrived still frozen or chilled. I live a looooong way from Bangkok and Pattaya so I was pleasantly surprised at the excellent deliveries from both. On a 4k order the shipping is about 10%, well worth it for me.

Great for beef and also lamb.

• Thanks 1

On 6/4/2021 at 3:21 PM, BKKrichard said:

Paleo Robbie nothing better within the borders of the Kingdom

The last time I looked at their website I noticed many items were branded.

I then checked the brand names on Google and went straight to the supplier.

I have to disagree with your comment

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

KU Beef has really good quality Thai raised beef.  Their waygu is really nice and a lot cheaper than the imported stuff.  If you're around the Bangkok area check out some of their shops.  You have to buy the whole pieces to get a better price.  But they will slice it how you want it and vacuum seal it too.  They do deliver but it is like 5 baht a kilometer.

(2) เนื้อ KU BEEF บูทเชอร์ | Facebook

On 6/4/2021 at 6:48 PM, BenDeCosta said:

I've been looking at sites like this:

https://passiondelivery.com/en/food/chilled-meat/ab014

On 6/4/2021 at 4:36 PM, RafPinto said:

This one here in BKK.

https://www.sloanes.co.th/

I've ordered from Passion Delivery, and Sloanes which is one of the stores on the Passion site. I've been generally impressed, particularly as they're delivering to Hat Yai. Goods arrive next day and they're packed well in a cooler box with dry ice, so everything is still frozen on arrival. The Bht500 delivery charge whilst not cheap is understandable.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

The Australian Makro steaks are quite good if you are careful and be selective. I've recently started getting the cube roll, which before never had a clue what sort of cut it was. Did a bit of research and it is the Rib eye essentially, which too me usually lacks a bit of flavor but the Cube roll is the most flavorsome cut of the rib eye (apparently). Anyway they are really good. I would still tenderize it using method below. Powder tenderizers don't work by the way, tried them all. Makro imported meat has all been frozen by the way, which I don't know why they do as they are vacuum packed and usually have a long shelf life of several months. So make sure you get a pack that looks fresh. You will see some of their full rumps, ribs etc bags are just full of liquid which means probably defrosted refrozen a few times. And last but not least buy yourself one of these off Lazada. usually from OS but have seen some sellers in Bkk selling them. these are totally different to a meat mallet or the small ones with the needles. they have 48 little blades that really tenderize the tuffest steak. I have had mine for 3 years and use it all the time still going strong.

image.png.72cfceb9eb9e548e807a1e484a3cb453.png

Had a good experience recently with the Britishop in Pattaya.   I wanted some decent lamb mince, and ordered a couple of other things to bulk up the order, just some Irish Pork Sausages and beef mince.   You can't get much further from Pattaya than Phuket by road, so I was pleased that the order arrived in a refridgerated van, very well packed, and still rock hard frozen.   Alread had the lamb and some of the sausages, very good.   Recommended.

https://britishop.com/?utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=pagelink&fbclid=IwAR2RGmLKMYX8L1Ce9ybh7e2PbRvsaB_XAK_M_SFNsbk4kslPV5aJ_vsMoF4

20220513_153213.jpg

20220513_153147.jpg

20220513_153243(0).jpg

You can get some outstanding electric mincers off Central online. I bought mine for about 1200 baht from memory. I do semi commercial quantities of 10kg + at a time. I figured it had 2 years warranty so nothing to lose. One I got does a stellar job and I know what's going into my mince. I buy a full cryovaced Aussie "top" or "outside" from Makro. Usually 300-400 baht a kilo and available in smaller tray / sliced packs if you like. Even clearer to see what you are getting. They will even dice it up for you ready to throw through the mincer. Very easy quick job and easy clean up

• Like 1