Thailand sticking with plan to welcome vaccinated tourists in July

webfact

29 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

But if your flying in on an international flight fully vaccinated you can only stay at the SHA hotels, not any others, nor can you go to your home......so it really does not matter what the other hotels are hoping for they will not get any of these folks until after the 14th day.

You'e misunderstanding me. I am talking about SHA approved hotels.

Huge waves and rain here in Natai. Could it be rainy season? Go for a swim and you will drown for sure, unless you're of Olympic qualities. The weather in Europe is lovely and warm in July. Maybe a touch too warm even. 

I really hope tourism will return to 'old normal' levels, both inbound as outbound. To see Phi Phi Don, the beach towns of Phuket and Kao Lak having turned in Zombie Apocalypse kind of slums is heart wrenching. I also would love to venture out again, and the original 7 days sandbox idea was agreat option to return.

I'm afraid TAT and the related authorities chose the wrong months.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Flying Saucage said:

But Thailand? Hardly anyone will come.

Of course that will be entirely down to the Thai government and nothing whatsoever to do with other countries.

Why let reality get in the way of paranoia.

Labour has called for tougher border controls with Thailand and Vietnam amid growing evidence they are breeding grounds for new more virulent variants of Covid-19.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/labour-thailand-vietnam-border-amber-list-b1860009.html

6 minutes ago, NorthernRyland said:

The pandemic has made people forget that people always die and death is part of life. All that matters is excess deaths. It's entirely possible Thailand will have 0 excess deaths this year.

Certainly a possibility. Last year the reduction in deaths due to the Songkran cancellation outweighed the covid related deaths.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

1000 baht a night SHA approved hotels?

I've edited this post as the hotel I mentioned isn't a SHA plus hotel, merely SHA. Of course it's mainly the bigger players that have the=is accreitation but the Woraburi in Karon is one I know and it's under 13,000 baht for two weeks.

Edited by madmitch
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, NorthernRyland said:

Well these people flip-flop every week so maybe by July 1st they will have decided to bring it back down to 7 days. You really can not trust these people.

My brother just got a ticket back to the US from BKK because he THOUGHT he could get back into Thailand via a 7 day stay in Phuket but now he's screwed. They could cancel the whole program next week due to some variant for all we know.

Well now it is 14? For sure is this official? Everyone was right. .Flip-Flop

We were just discussing this morning the contradiction  for vaccinated tourists to have the run of a Phuket resort hotel for 7 day then be able to travel whilst the same person arriving for a BKK ASQ  is no longer allowed even 1 hour poolside relaxation, unable to leave the room for 15 nights and even room cleaning was forbidden! 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, NorthernRyland said:

My brother booked one for 1600/night. Not sure about the quality however but it's certified.

Ok, did he book it for all 14 nights or is he jumping from one to another.

Just now, ThailandRyan said:

Ok, did he book it for all 14 nights or is he jumping from one to another.

He booked for 7 days because he was a sucker and believed they would follow through. Now he's going to have to book another 7 days I guess. 

3 minutes ago, NorthernRyland said:

He booked for 7 days because he was a sucker and believed they would follow through. Now he's going to have to book another 7 days I guess. 

So about 21k thb, I hope it is a decent place bear the beach for that price.  

8 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

Well now it is 14? For sure is this official? Everyone was right. .Flip-Flop

We were just discussing this morning the contradiction  for vaccinated tourists to have the run of a Phuket resort hotel for 7 day then be able to travel whilst the same person arriving for a BKK ASQ  is no longer allowed even 1 hour poolside relaxation, unable to leave the room for 15 nights and even room cleaning was forbidden! 

I just canceled my trip to the US in July with a return to Phuket.  I will now wait until October to see what plays out as still no word on the other 9 locations for no quarantine.  I would like to be able to go straight home.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NorthernRyland said:

All of  this to prevent the spread of a virus that is already raging in the country. Shouldn't Thailand be quarantined instead of the other way around?

Same thing with Japan. Virus already there, as bad or worse numbers thn ever.  Vaccination rollout worst performance among developed nations with no good excuses. 80 percent of the Japan population doesn't want the Olympics because of xenophobic messaging used by the Govt to cover the incompetence.  

Olympics participants and officials most vaccinated and all tested. Japanese at 2-4 decent jabbed, hardly any testing other than people who go to hospital sick already. Limits of the Asia way apparent.

Only reason it should be cancelled is to protect athletes from local population.

2 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

in Phuket you are in at least 14 day quarantine area... but they don't name it like that. and they follow your doings because you need an app to track your health conditions as they say. People who go on holiday want to relax and have fun. But in Phuket you will be overcharged  for everything. It always was and will be. Stupid rules as at 15.00 you want a beer on the beach, but no alcohol sales, very expensive because the of the THB, and almost always when you come back you have to be in quarantine in your own country...Yes very relaxing with al lot of hussle before you visit Phuket and quarantine if you come home ripped and followed as a prisoner

Well there you have it. The oracle has spoken....dribs and drabs of opinionated misinformation driven by a lack of understanding of what the sandbox concept is designed to do. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Jud Canada said:

Well there you have it. The oracle has spoken....dribs and drabs of opinionated misinformation driven by a lack of understanding of what the sandbox concept is designed to do. 

Than you explain it better please

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Flying Saucage said:

Many in the Western world are hungry for traveling, for holidays abroad. The beaches of Spain, France, Italy, Greece and Turkey will be full in July and August, as the rest of the world opens without applying hurdles and shenanigans for vaccinated tourists. 

But Thailand? Hardly anyone will come.

Still too many hurdles and shenanigans, applied by unworldly bureaucrats, who only want to leave their scent marks on Thailands plans of reopening, but who have no idea how to treat and welcome foreign guests.

And also, still it is far to risky for vaccinated tourists to come to Thailand.

NOT because of Corona, but because of the erratic and patronising behaviour of the Thai officials, who not only can ruin a holidayby a whims, but even more. What happens if one of these tests shows a false positive? Have to spend weeks in a field hospital then?

Ridiculous!

And God forbid that you actually were stupid enough to fly to Thailand with a family, and one of the Kids proved positive or something similar.

That is of course if yopur Tour Company will provide you any Insurance at all for visiting .