Thailand sticking with plan to welcome vaccinated tourists in July

webfact

3 minutes ago, Excel said:

Not difficult to predict that one - most of the civilised world will say so

The rest of the world is thinking endemic management or economic collapse waiting for eradication. Hmmmm which seems more likely.

7 minutes ago, Dazinoz said:

And you are a newbie complaining about the complainers. Typical

Newbie to what. This forum or Thailand. Been in this country in business and living for longer than most people in here. Fair enough though....wow your a Thaivisa veteran. Well that should make you proud. Hahaha hilarious.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Soikhaonoiken said:

Do you really think Tourists are going to come to Thailand, when the 3rd wave is still not under control,, if so the government is very deluded... ????

There may be  a large influx as at least all the  tourists will be fully vaccinated and  have low chance  to get virus.

7 hours ago, Enoon said:

Thailand is "Amber".

Amber now, but possibly when the effects of only testing 2% of the population across the kingdom and with similar vaccination rates can no longer be hidden they might well even go to red status? 

Of course Phuket will be the exemption with declarations of 70% tested and vaccinated and the A380s can come out of hibernation to cope with the tourist demand and millions will return by the end of the year.....what pandemic? Thailand has miraculous virtual immunity!  

`

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, connda said:

Thailand sticking with plan to welcome vaccinated tourists in July

Thailand sticking with plan to make themselves the tourism laughing-stock of the world.

How's that lemon diet working out for u, bitter much?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

The bigger question might be? Who is allowed to travel to Phuket?  Where is the list of countries that are low risk.  How is the US group of 20 classified and what risk group is the US considered under Thailands unknown list of allowed countries.

Which countries will Thailand allow to travel and from that list will those countries allow travel to Thailand ? For instance NZ is low risk but not allowing travel at this time. 

47 minutes ago, sapson said:

Amber now, but possibly when the effects of only testing 2% of the population across the kingdom and with similar vaccination rates can no longer be hidden they might well even go to red status? 

Of course Phuket will be the exemption with declarations of 70% tested and vaccinated and the A380s can come out of hibernation to cope with the tourist demand and millions will return by the end of the year.....what pandemic? Thailand has miraculous virtual immunity!  

`

Some bureaucrat in Chiang Mai declared a prison in CM to have 'reached herd immunity.'  ????
So pretty soon declaring places and regions to have achieved 'herd immunity via vaccination' will soon the the new rage.  My guess is that "herd-immunity" tourist enclaves will be marketed to the masses by the end of the year. 

"Hunker-down in Herd-Immunity <enter tourist enclave>"

Edited by connda

19 minutes ago, Dazinoz said:

Obviously I was referring to the forums but I also see you have the ID 10 T virus. Good luck on here and welcome to my block list.

Thanks for reminding me.  Mine too. ????

• Like 2

For me a long term good spending visitor since 2005, I’m afraid they can stick Thailand where the SUN doesn’t  shine. I’ll visit places where the government have a modicum of education and intelligence in the future 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, connda said:

Some bureaucrat in Chiang Mai declared a prison in CM to have 'reached herd immunity.'  ????
So pretty soon declaring places and regions to have achieved 'herd immunity via vaccination' will soon the the new rage.  My guess is that "herd-immunity" tourist enclaves will be marketed to the masses by the end of the year. 

"Hunker-down in Herd-Immunity <enter tourist enclave>"

He meant he had heard that immunity would be given for making such outlandish predictions and statements.  He was also looking for employment with TAT it would seem.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Hamus Yaigh said:

No mention of domestic travelers to Phuket? If this sandbox idea was to work, surely all visitors (domestic travelers, traders and anyone who goes there) should be the same status and need to spend 14 days until let out. lol!

I can't imagine traveling somewhere where I willingly subject myself to forced incarcerated for a period of time as well as restrictions on my activities, what I can do, where I can go, and with whom.  It sounds too much like white-collar prison. 
It's one thing to be forcefully kept out of certain area's (military bases, factory complexs) and something entirely different to be forcefully kept within a limited area and monitored.
Those of us who understand the difference are the one's who see the current Phuket Sandbox model as something that will most likely fail to meet even modest expectations.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, connda said:

I can't imagine traveling somewhere where I willingly subject myself to forced incarcerated for a period of time as well as restrictions on my activities, what I can do, where I can go, and with whom.  It sounds too much like white-collar prison. 
It's one thing to be forcefully kept out of certain area's (military bases, factory complexs) and something entirely different to be forcefully kept within a limited area and monitored.
Those of us who understand the difference are the one's who see the current Phuket Sandbox model as something that will most likely fail to meet even modest expectations.

Wonder if my car gets quarantined and can only be driven to certain locations if I were to drive to Phuket for a visit, but then would I even be allowed in without my vaccinations or a Covid test, as well as the entire family having to be tested upon arrival.  Makes for interesting times that normal folks living in Thailand are treated as inferior and looked upon as a disease carrying rodent.  Of course this is just my view.  When will the Checkpoints go up and the Officer salute you at your window and say "Papers Please"

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Wonder if my car gets quarantined and can only be driven to certain locations if I were to drive to Phuket for a visit, but then would I even be allowed in without my vaccinations or a Covid test, as well as the entire family having to be tested upon arrival.  Makes for interesting times that normal folks living in Thailand are treated as inferior and looked upon as a disease carrying rodent.  Of course this is just my view.  When will the Checkpoints go up and the Officer salute you at your window and say "Papers Please"

Well given the Czars past history and his previous command he won't blink at authorising shooting innocent people as is already factually proved. So the police state is almost here. Arrive at swampy for incomers or designated gathering points nationwide., collect baggage, remove clothes, handover wallet and ATM cards then straight to the showers . TAT will be organising gold trinkets made from from teeth extractions.  Extreme ? you bet but it happened before

Edited by Excel
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Willy333 said:

Is there a plan to remove the ban on alcohol too? Tourists like to get drunk.

Not necessarily drunk, but the majority of tourists will be expecting to be able to have a beer or two in a  bar, or a couple of glasses of wine with their meal. 

I enjoy a drink and most of my friends do, so if they were going on holiday and found out their destination was under the law of "Prohibition",  they would choose another destination where they CAN have a drink,. So before Thailand (and TAT in particular) start spouting about how many million tourists are going to come back this year, they will have to get beer and wine back on the menu!! 

Edited by sambum
  • Like 2

Will there be prostitutes?

Lets face it, Phuket is a highthole which is ok for a visit when things are open and life is easy.

But in these Covid times you would have to be pretty desperate and that would mean the sexpat crowd (myself included).

They would need to guarantee that there would be Covid free hookers available otherwise no one will come.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

So about 21k thb, I hope it is a decent place bear the beach for that price.  

Thats 1500 a night minus at least 3 covid tests at @4000 baht a throw. So call it 650 a night how cheap is that? 

2 hours ago, Dazinoz said:

Obviously I was referring to the forums but I also see you have the ID 10 T virus. Good luck on here and welcome to my block list.

Ok thanks for the ID 10 T warning. 

The block list..... Better. Less drivel.

59 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

But in the meantime, let’s go on holiday to Thailand in the hope that the rules don’t change and we lose money or holiday or both. I mean, the rain is so warm here in Thailand atm, the sea so rough and the atmosphere is so dead. Who can resist?

you are not wrong to suggest endemic management will become crucial, for Thailand and the world. But at this moment in time, the state Thailand is at, this sandbox thing will turn into an example of what not to do at the wrong time.

I look at it as do many as a test to create a vision for the upcoming high season. Has it worked...what are the issues...what do we need to adjust and when. It is a precarious line to be walked but there is a lot at stake for this country. Let's see how it unfolds.

I'm a bit confused by the "resolved to specify the requirements" bit. That doesn't sound as if they have resolved the requirements but they are going to.

What happened to the 7 day quarantine?

Why can't we transit through BKK. Is that a higher risk than the airports we will fly from or through on the way? Maybe clean up BKK.

8 hours ago, Daithi85 said:

I don't  think people  planning on coming realise what  happens if they  test positive while  here, going to be very interesting to see what  happens to the first  group  to test positive.. Will they be allowed to self isolate or Will it be 14 days at the hospital?

I expect the number of false positives to trend up...but only on the final test before being "released" into the mainland population

• Like 1