Thailand sticking with plan to welcome vaccinated tourists in July

webfact

Well if it’s Aussie’s they are expecting forget it. They might after Xmas but they plan on no international flights for a year or more. Things may change. Also who wants to go on a holiday to a place where the pandemic is just getting started. 

• Like 1

"Stay in hotels certified by Amazing Thailand Safety and Health Administration (SHA+) for 14 nights, ...."

Looking forward to seeing the list of certified hotels, how many stars, and what's the lowest cost for the 14 days.

No Covid 19 tests during the 14 days. But just wondering. If yes then no doubt the hotel costs will rise by several thousand Baht especially if it's a family.

It mentions having an application; does that mean an app on smartphone, and what will be monitored, or does it mean an ankle bracelet? 

Ultimately will all foreigners entering Thailand (e.g. those with Thai wife visas, WP holders, PR holders etc.), with full vaccination be allowed to enter without quarantine?  

4 hours ago, webfact said:

The plan was approved by the government's economic task force on Friday and comes just days ahead of the start of a mass-vaccination drive, the success of which will determine when Thailand can fully restart an industry that attracted 40 million tourists annually before the pandemic.

Vaccination plans up to now along with registration foul-ups means it doesn't bode well.

Talking of mass inoculations, their target is 60%-70% herd immunity, while mandating tourists to have 100% and both jabs?

Who is going to come to a country with only 70% at best [most with only one jab]?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Stay in hotels certified by Amazing Thailand Safety and Health Administration (SHA+) for 14 nights, after which travel to other parts of Thailand will be allowed

To other parts of Thailand that haven't had the local population vaccinated... yeah great idea for tourists.

12 minutes ago, Poet said:

Not one single Thai will catch Covid from fully-vaccinated Westerners.

Every outbreak so far has originated in Myanmar or one of the other neighboring countries where the virus is raging. Thailand has almost 5,000 KM of land borders and millions of illegal migrants work here.

If they want to prevent those 30 vulnerable Thais from dying each day, they need to start there.

If they want to rescue their economy, they need to drop the corrupt nonsense and make coming here as easy for vaccinated tourists as it was before the pandemic.

Apparently, they're delusional enough to think they have a product that foreign tourists can't say no to.

If I wanted to spend two weeks at a beach, there are far nicer beaches two hours away in South Florida and the Caribbean

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Soikhaonoiken said:

Do you really think Tourists are going to come to Thailand, when the 3rd wave is still not under control,, if so the government is very deluded... ????

If you can come to Phuket with no quarantine after having being vaccinated up to a year prior I think there will be plenty lining up tbh. Quite a few ifs though before that happens and more than likely not a lot of tourists but good for those who are long term visitors. If any of it is true or actually happens.

Edited by starky
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, jopham said:

They are saying to have to stay in a covid hotel for 2 weeks and then you are allowed to leave Phuket. What does that mean? Does is mean you travel free throught out Phuket and go and sleep in your hotel or can you only stay in the hotel grounds?

Yep they seemed to have, not surprisingly, backpedalled quite I bit.

If I remember correctly at some point it was free to roam Phuket for 7 days and then to travel throughout Thailand. How is staying in an approved hotel for 14 days ( read 16 in Thailand) not quarantine?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, JohnnyChristo said:

Well if it’s Aussie’s they are expecting forget it. They might after Xmas but they plan on no international flights for a year or more. Things may change. Also who wants to go on a holiday to a place where the pandemic is just getting started. 

You can get out of Aus quite easily if you plan to leave for more than 3 months which obviously stops your average tourist. Bit harder to get out of WA obviously not as many flights.

It's the getting back in and the atrocious Australian quarantine that is slightly more challenging. 

If people want to imagine Thai quarantine is bad (which it's not)

Aussie quarantine is woeful. Much much worse.

Edited by starky
  • Like 1

Here we go. No even the slightest clarification that the 50% refers to the percentage of the population that has had one jab. And that jab is sinovac which has a poor efficacy after the first jab, improving dramatically after the second.

it’s only taken a week, but already “vaccinated” is synonymous with having had only the first jab. Entirely predictable, as many did a week ago, but very disappointing that the press go along with this charade, even Richard Barrow.

congratulations Mr Governor and the other Thai authorities, you have worked out yet another way to put people’s lives at risk. Thank you for that.

1 minute ago, dsj said:

I read that if you don't spend the whole 14 days in Phuket, you  will have to fly directly to your home country from Phuket, you can't travel throughout Thailand.

Correct. 14 days quarantine in Phuket, only then can you travel through out Thailand.

notice also the double standard on vaccinations. To be “vaccinated” tourists must have two jabs, for locals, one jab makes you “vaccinated”.

comical.

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Stay in hotels certified by Amazing Thailand Safety and Health Administration (SHA+) for 14 nights, after which travel to other parts of Thailand will be allowed

Earlier in the week I read it was only 7 days in Phuket. All other requirements plus a covid test at day 5 and if negative you could travel after 7 days, now 14.

I read that all people involved with organising vaccines and things like the sandbox are being entered into the next Olympics. Sure to take out gold in the backflip event.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, RoyJames said:

Its not too bad.,no quarantine and you can go where you want after 14 days,I can think of worse places to spend 14 days than Patong lol,I wonder what the cost of the hotels will be,this could be the catch,otherwise I would consider going if I could get time off work.

With no Booze, I don't think so!