Thailand sticking with plan to welcome vaccinated tourists in July

webfact

1 hour ago, Peterw42 said:

I had a sandbox in the backyard when the kids were little. I had to get rid of it as feral cats kept sh*tting in it.

We've been lectured that Thai tourism officials, well-steeped in the IT world (rolleyes) are using software development terminology. Why? Who can guess with idiots?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandbox_(software_development)

Agree that for most, a sandbox is filthy, and where most children catch something.

Edited by mtls2005

I knew there was a catch. You have to stay in a listed hotel. So anyone who has a villa or apartment cannot stay there. So when Hua Hin supposedly reopens in October it'll be the same dumb rules. There are 1000s of home owners here who want to come and stay in their homes. If it's not quarantine, and those visitors can leave their hotels at will then why the hell can't home owners stay in their homes!!! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Excel said:

Really ! In corfu early 1980. A local Greek had a "thing going with an Albanian immigration boss so went on a day trip there. Boy you would never believe it in those days, couldn't take a pee without  some one checking on you. However one of our "guards" saw me with a Brit paper that had Notts Forest winning the Euro Cup on it. Believe you me this guy knew more about Brian Clough and the team than you could imagine. I gave him the paper to keep. That got me and my wife into a normally off limits local bar. Actually it resembled a pig stay more than a bar. Anyway great fun.

Have been more than once on Corfu, beautiful island and prefer much more than Bhutan, but have to say not comparable.

• Like 1

Just now, Charlie Halliday said:

I knew there was a catch. You have to stay in a listed hotel. So anyone who has a villa or apartment cannot stay there. So when Hua Hin supposedly reopens in October it'll be the same dumb rules. There are 1000s of home owners here who want to come and stay in their homes. If it's not quarantine, and those visitors can leave their hotels at will then why the hell can't home owners stay in their homes!!! 

Because it is just another Thai government scam for foreigners. If you couldn't see thro' that when the whole sandpit farce was first mentioned then I feel sorry for you.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tubulat said:

Have been more than once on Corfu, beautiful island and prefer much more than Bhutan, but have to say not comparable.

Never been to Bhutan, just joking when I mentioned it really. It sounds like a place for devout Buddhists because they still uphold their principles there, Unlike the corrupt men in orange in Thailand.   I bet opening an Agogo in Bhutan would be as much of a business failure as a mountain rescue school in Holland ????

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, BestB said:

In other words quarantine but with freedom of movement, at a premium price.

Not too sure how this will help to revive tourism or save small operators. Sure will help the big boys, but they are not the ones suffering and losing it all.

Personally, i am all for opening up and saving what is left, but putting a lipstick on a pig does not make it into anything else but a pig with a lipstick on.

If you open up, then you allow people freedom to chose where they stay and where they eat.

Having app and making reports is just silly, what happens if people do not? what happens if people lie?

Try and get a poorly educated self elected "PM" to understand that.

Let me fix their plan for them trimming it a little.

a) Fully vaccinated tourists are welcome in Thailand. up to mid 2022

b) Thereafter all tourists are welcome in Thailand

The End.

I won't be going back to Thailand until it's at least a) I don't have expectations that'll happen anytime soon since they put so much thinking into this boneheaded plan and have to at least pretend it worked.

3 hours ago, Isaan sailor said:

Excellent plan—-but they forgot one item.

get that damned Baht down.  With all the troubles here, you’d think the currency would reflect the downbeat economy.

As long as the Thai baht stays high, does it not affect the offshore accounts of the self elected "PM" and his soldier "government" in a positive way?

What was the Thai baht against the GBP in 2014 when this unelected "PM" stole the country compared to the rate today? 50 odd Baht then, about 44 now.

6 hours ago, Petey11 said:

It's quarantine Jim but not as we know it.

Does anyone remember Patrick McGoohan in The Prisoner being chased around the  village by large white bouncy balls whilst not understanding why he was there and trying to escape.? 

We could do with all those pointlessly redirected Jabs in Pattaya. You've already purloined 40000!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, RR2020 said:

Labour party in the UK is pushing for Thailand and Vietnam to be added to the UK RED list on 28th June on the next review.

So I think you can forget about any "tourists" coming from the UK.

Also latest UK data shows that of Indian variant in the UK, 3% of those with the Covid Indian variant were classed as "fully vaccinated" being over 14 days since their 2nd jab.

This means, if it holds up.....that with every 1000 tourists coming into Phuket around 30 off them will likely be carrying Covid.

Do these "tourists" realise if they test positive in Phuket they will be forcibly made to stay in a hospital for 14 days at their cost........meaning their return flights will be cancelled and they will incur massive additional cost.

I don't  think people  planning on coming realise what  happens if they  test positive while  here, going to be very interesting to see what  happens to the first  group  to test positive.. Will they be allowed to self isolate or Will it be 14 days at the hospital?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Tourist activities under DMHTTA (Distancing, Mask wearing, Hand washing, Temperature, Testing, Application) are recommended.

Only recommended!!!!  In the rest of Thailand it is mandatory to wear a mask or face a fine of 6000 baht up to 20000 baht!  Why is Phuket exempt from this national law!!!

36 minutes ago, Excel said:

Never been to Bhutan, just joking when I mentioned it really. It sounds like a place for devout Buddhists because they still uphold their principles there, Unlike the corrupt men in orange in Thailand.   I bet opening an Agogo in Bhutan would be as much of a business failure as a mountain rescue school in Holland ????

Okay, 1 picture for you:

Bhutan.jpeg

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, chilly07 said:

Does anyone remember Patrick McGoohan in The Prisoner being chased around the  village by large white bouncy balls whilst not understanding why he was there and trying to escape.? 

We could do with all those pointlessly redirected Jabs in Pattaya. You've already purloined 40000!

Remember it, I was an extra in it. 2 things famous for me in 1966. Being an extra and England winning the world cup. Been back to Portmerion a few times with some of the wives just to tell try to convince them I was famous ????????

• Haha 1

On 5/31/2021 at 4:37 PM, Pattaya Spotter said:

Yeah...that post was unbelievable...as well as untrue. Just about everywhere I eat has been offering lots of pricing deals and specials during Covid. 

1 hour ago, ikke1959 said:

Than you explain it better please

Ok 

To much to cover however 

This guy basically is in charge of the model and explains it well. The only update to this segment is that the gov confirmation for go ahead was not released until after this show aired. 

7 hours ago, ezzra said:

Nary a day goes by without mentioning the 1st of July, so far it's all hot air and wishful dreams, let's us wait and see if and when THIS will happen, my money is on that very little will happen, but i wish for Thailand that it will work for them big time but ultimately, the proof is in the pudding whether enough tourists will come or not...

CNN and 20 Americans are coming for sure.
Break out the Red Carpet and the marching bands!

I doubt very much people are lining up to get into Phuket. 

For us those of us that live here, we already know how much of an infrastructure <deleted>hole it's become. 

How about the people who don't want to be vaccinated?  Are they going to corner off a certain portion of the island just for them? 

24 minutes ago, Jud Canada said:

Ok 

To much to cover however 

This guy basically is in charge of the model and explains it well. The only update to this segment is that the gov confirmation for go ahead was not released until after this show aired. 

It does explain indeed why the sandbox of Phuket will fail.. Not a lot business open,  an app to track you, and staying only on the island, and than all the rest.... As I said many times. First Thailand needs to get his country vaccinated and than promote domestic tourism.. when 70% had their 2 jabs than think about reopen Thailand for tourists. You can't eat your food before you prepared it

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

And God forbid that you actually were stupid enough to fly to Thailand with a family, and one of the Kids proved positive or something similar.

That is of course if yopur Tour Company will provide you any Insurance at all for visiting .

You both "sound like" hillbilly US republican naysayers. If my child had a false positive then I would demand another test maybe even from a hospital or something. Do you actually think that they would throw your child into state quarantine or cancel your holiday. Wow...imagine the PR. 

If in fact the child did was proven positive then what do you think should happen? 

It's unsubstantiated opinions like this that create unnecessary issues not to different from the big lie in the US 

Thailand sticking with plan to welcome vaccinated tourists in July. 

They might have a Plan  for July But that doesn't mean Anything.

Could  maybe  be next yr July  if All goes Well.

Can't expect people to come to an Covid infested country.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

It does explain indeed why the sandbox of Phuket will fail.. Not a lot business open,  an app to track you, and staying only on the island, and than all the rest.... As I said many times. First Thailand needs to get his country vaccinated and than promote domestic tourism.. when 70% had their 2 jabs than think about reopen Thailand for tourists. You can't eat your food before you prepared it

Nice pessimistic spin. Let's wait and see who says I told you so.

• Like 1