Thailand sticking with plan to welcome vaccinated tourists in July

webfact

On 6/6/2021 at 3:40 AM, Jud Canada said:

I think they are hoping more for winter holiday planning which most people start arranging around now.

People do not like the present conditions . If they would state it like , ok we do like this now , and further in the year , if everything goes to plan , then this and this rules will be different , then it might be interesting . I do not think people will book any airline ticket now for the winter holiday , just because of the "sandbox" being there . I will try to get there in October , hoping the 14d rule will be changed by then , but im still far from booking a ticket any time soon .

On 6/7/2021 at 11:58 PM, rabang said:

There is certainly no way in h*** I would go through an official quarantine or a de facto quarantine of Phuket sandbox style.

I doubt what you decide will have impact....... 

But many have done their quarantine to get back to living in Thailand, be it their de facto home, or where their wives and kids are. Certainly I would endure a few weeks in a hotel room to do that....

Whether it is worth it for a short holiday, well I don't see it. 

On 6/5/2021 at 3:01 AM, webfact said:

Thailand will go ahead with a plan next month to reopen to vaccinated foreign visitors starting with its most popular resort island Phuket, as it tries to revive tourism while battling its biggest coronavirus outbreak so far.

Because this has worked in nowhere at all so far. Like when the UK slammed the door on its own citizens when Portugal was turned into a hot spot overnight last week.

One would have to be deranged to consider international tourism at all this year. There's always several million looneys out there tho, and that's whats so fun about humans.

4 minutes ago, chalawaan said:

Because this has worked in nowhere at all so far. Like when the UK slammed the door on its own citizens when Portugal was turned into a hot spot overnight last week.

I believe it was not an overnight thing, there was some advance warning, just not the 3 weeks promised. Quarantine requirements started at 4am Tuesday did they not. 

I regard their slow slow reaction to an obvious arising situation in India as their real error, and we all know why that was.  

33 minutes ago, sezze said:

People do not like the present conditions . If they would state it like , ok we do like this now , and further in the year , if everything goes to plan , then this and this rules will be different , then it might be interesting . I do not think people will book any airline ticket now for the winter holiday , just because of the "sandbox" being there . I will try to get there in October , hoping the 14d rule will be changed by then , but im still far from booking a ticket any time soon .

Well a few international  airlines are flying in as of now so some people are coming. 

I also think you will see the 14 day rule be reduced or eliminated in the upcoming months as nobody is happy about this. No one is expecting huge tourism this year but it has to start somewhere.

43 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I doubt what you decide will have impact....... 

But many have done their quarantine to get back to living in Thailand, be it their de facto home, or where their wives and kids are. Certainly I would endure a few weeks in a hotel room to do that....

Whether it is worth it for a short holiday, well I don't see it. 

I alone don't have any significance but if and when there are not enough people who don't think differently than me they are not going to attract enough tourists to make any meaningful impact either.

10 hours ago, cclub75 said:

What so fun about it ?

If the UK makes a mistake, so what ? Spain opens its doors.... Large and simple. Vaccinated ? Welcome. Not vaccinated, show a negative test.

Simple, efficient.

It means every resident in the EU can go to Spain, to enjoy the sun and the beaches.

Therefore why international tourism this year would be "deranged" ?

What is "deranged" is the will of someto live forever inside a cave, a bunker, with 6 mask on their face, and 36 jabs into their arms. ????

More seriously, this is something quite disturbing... it's like some people enjoy the pandemics, enjoy the destruction of the economy, of whole industries, the pandemonium etc.

The panic is over with the vaccines. We will still have cases, so what ? People will live with it, like all the other viruses and diseases.

1 year and a half... it's over folks, even if you don't want it.

It is weird and I can't really explain it but some people probably find meaning to their lives from the pandemic. I guess some sort of a Stockholm syndrome combined with a total unwillingness to accept any risk in an exceptional situation after a psychological hammering lasting for over a year. Also many people were miserable before 2020 and now they deep inside rejoice of everyone else being miserable as well.

• Like 2

On 6/5/2021 at 3:35 AM, Willy333 said:

Is there a plan to remove the ban on alcohol too? Tourists like to get drunk.

All  part of the plan . Tourists get drunk .

Then tourists buy House , they can not own . 

That explains , why Thais call us stupid farlangs ...

Tell me about it ...