Thailand reports 2,419 new COVID-19 cases, 33 new deaths

webfact

40 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Ok so I am now registered for a vaccination appointment.

VACCINE BOOKING INFORMATION

Date

01 JAN 1970

Place

-

Time

-

Status

Wait for an email confirmation from [email protected]

Can someone explain to me where the time travel portal is so I can go back in time to when I was only 6 years old and get vaccinated for a Virus that had not even been created by certain individuals or mutated from other Corona's.....just saying, and asking for a friend.

Your information is registered in the system, but you do not have an appointment. Appointments look like the screenshot below.

At the minute the system checks if you are over 60 or if you confirm whether you have any of the listed illnesses. If you do, it will take you to the booking screen.

It's only my guess, but when the over 60s and vulnerable are vaccinated they will probably change the criteria to let under 60s book.

Screenshot_20210607-014424_Chrome.thumb.jpg.46b65664aa73180ac0b86c9a65fcf5fb.jpg

Prime Minister Apologizes If He Worries People

BANGKOK, June 7 (TNA) – Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha apologized to people if he worried them and promised he would do his best to procure COVID-19 vaccines to meet people’s demand and respond well to situations.

Inspecting COVID-19 vaccinations at the Bang Sue Grand Station, Gen Prayut who is also the defence minister said nationwide COVID-19 vaccinations started today as the government was receiving new lots of the vaccines and distributing them in response to situations.

The prime minister expressed his sympathy with the vaccine recipients who experienced side effects. He said the government was aware that all parties were devoting themselves to disease control and the government was managing the allocations of COVID-19 vaccines in response to the risks of different groups of people.

https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-711760

14 minutes ago, blackcab said:

Your information is registered in the system, but you do not have an appointment. Appointments look like the screenshot below.

At the minute the system checks if you are over 60 or if you confirm whether you have any of the listed illnesses. If you do, it will take you to the booking screen.

It's only my guess, but when the over 60s and vulnerable are vaccinated they will probably change the criteria to let under 60s book.

Screenshot_20210607-014424_Chrome.thumb.jpg.46b65664aa73180ac0b86c9a65fcf5fb.jpg

LIVE: COVID-19 vaccinations for foreign nationals at Vimut Hospital
Watch now: https://fb.watch/5ZAeCRg4Xk/

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, anchadian said:

The Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administer reported a new cluster of Covid infections at a condominium construction site on Rama9 Rd. The active testing among 528 workers found that 347 people tested positive for Covid-19.

@TNAMCOT

https://twitter.com/TNAMCOTEnglish/status/1401814258061438979

Might be time to shut all of the constructions sites and wait it out.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, blackcab said:

I am a diabetic so I meet the requirements, but no booking screen popped up.

3 hours ago, anchadian said:

The top four provinces have seen increased infections from yesterday:

Of the 2,296 local cases (excluding the cases in prisons and imported cases), the highest numbers by province were 943 in Bangkok followed by 321 in Samut Prakan, 265 in Phetchaburi, 106 in Trang, 92 in Samut Sakhon and 86 in Nonthaburi.

https://twitter.com/ThaiEnquirer/status/1401776738141491201

Samut Sakhon has had just under 600 in the last 2 days. 293 and 288.

11 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

I am a diabetic so I meet the requirements, but no booking screen popped up.

Try logging into the website again by pressing the green "Update your booking" button and see if there are any further options. The booking button might not be called "booking".

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

I heard it from a lady who heard it from a policeman.

also known as a broken phone and by lady you mean a bar girl who is doing a low rank cop.

Chances are restriction being lifted or eased up by next week are almost zero, because Pattaya is only 100 km from BKK and numbers still holding and climbing in BKK.

Bars would be the last places to open and that would only happen when numbers drop to single digits.

I believe it was BKK who tried to lift some restrictions last week and was over ruled by Central government, so do not hold your breath.

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, blackcab said:

Try logging into the website again by pressing the green "Update your booking" button and see if there are any further options. The booking button might not be called "booking".

Site is closed now until after 5pm, unbelievable

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, BestB said:

also known as a broken phone and by lady you mean a bar girl who is doing a low rank cop.

Chances are restriction being lifted or eased up by next week are almost zero, because Pattaya is only 100 km from BKK and numbers still holding and climbing in BKK.

Bars would be the last places to open and that would only happen when numbers drop to single digits.

I believe it was BKK who tried to lift some restrictions last week and was over ruled by Central government, so do not hold your breath.

Yeah, the BMA wanted to open parks and were over-ruled!????

17 minutes ago, morrobay said:

Not really the type of environment  ya all want to be in these days. https://www.thecut.com/2020/06/16-people-test-positive-coronavirus-florida-bar.html

If you referring to me personally, i have not been to a bar for about 5 years and could not care less if open or not, but from business point of you, if bars open in Pattaya, girls come back and if girls comeback they rent rooms and buy food, so businesses can survive.

They originally promised just B3,000 for 2 doses and insurance - are the suppliers asking a higher price, or are the hospitals keen to make a higher margin?
Quote Tweet

Thai PBS World

@ThaiPBSWorld
· 23m
UPDATE: The PHA has agreed to 3,800 Baht for 2 doses of #Moderna. #modernavaccine #ThailandNews twitter.com/ThaiPBSWorld/s…

Edited by anchadian

7 hours ago, smedly said:

I think they are only reporting those that need a hospital - the rest are already in quarantine so why bother testing them

same as they do with factories - turn them into quarantine centers and stop testing - why bother testing it will only increase the numbers

I don't know about anywhere else but in Hua Hin they're announcing new cases in the factories that have had outbreaks, every day.

8 hours ago, dinsdale said:

This is a virus that srpeads rapidly and easily. There are clusters and new clusters and yet more new clusters but the numbers are virtually the same everyday. Makes me wonder.

Were partially locked down, it doesn't spread nearly as easily in those circumstances. 

What matters a lot is the relative numbers. What would truly make me wonder, is that after 15 months into the pandemic, they would only now start to cover up the death numbers. Similarly, only now people would avoid testing if they thought they were infected. Does it make sense to you, to suppose reporting of deaths was more accurate two months ago?

24 minutes ago, Petey11 said:

In UK took just a couple of weeks for the Indian variant to become dominant, superceding the Kent variant.

Yes and the UK did surge testing to get that estimate. Unfortunately that just does not happen here so the true number is unknown.

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BestB said:

but the current dine in is only 25% restaurant capacity, so would not call it open as normal.

To me this is heavy restrictions, but could get more heavy. Point was it is not breezy and open.

BKK may feel different but towns like Pattaya are empty, locals leaving because no work and as they leave, even somtam sellers close doors.

Drive around town after midnight and its a ghost town in full darkness.

People get their take away food and sit around at home and eat together anyway so not much different. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

Are we still allowed to call it the Indian variant?

How many have the Thai variant?

Currently its 6% Indian and the rest UK variant. Alpha UK and Delta indian

Edited by Bkk Brian

1 hour ago, anchadian said:

Ratchaburi noodle factory closed after 28 workers found with COVID-19

An instant noodle factory, in Ban Pong district of Thailand’s Ratchaburi province, has been ordered to close for 14 days from today (Monday), after 28 workers tested positive for COVID-19 and another 300 have been placed in quarantine in the factory’s compound.

Employees in other departments of the Thai President Foods PCL, producer of the Mama brand of instant noodles, have been told to self-isolate at home for 14 days. Health officials will monitor them and provide advice on how to prevent the spread of the disease.

The communicable disease committee of the province is authorized to extend the factory closure if infections there are not contained within 14 days.

They do not have to look very far, the virus is possibly and probably everywhere at this point, including

2 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

jut as the above post indicates.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, dinsdale said:

Samut Sakhon has had just under 600 in the last 2 days. 293 and 288.

This might be incorrect and it's interesting why. The high numbers I've been told come from BKK as there is no room in the field hosptitals. Not sure why these postives aren't recorded as BKK numbers.