Thailand reports 2,419 new COVID-19 cases, 33 new deaths

webfact

The top four provinces have seen increased infections from yesterday:

Of the 2,296 local cases (excluding the cases in prisons and imported cases), the highest numbers by province were 943 in Bangkok followed by 321 in Samut Prakan, 265 in Phetchaburi, 106 in Trang, 92 in Samut Sakhon and 86 in Nonthaburi.

https://twitter.com/ThaiEnquirer/status/1401776738141491201

Edited by anchadian
  • Sad 1

Just now, brewsterbudgen said:

I don't want it to get heavier at all - anything but; I'm desperately hoping schools will re-open as planned on 14 June.   I was just surprised that you think the current partial lockdown can be described as "heavy".  7-11 closing at 23.00 doesn't sound particularly heavy (ridiculous to close it all, I agree) and obviously I was referring to the current (non)-lockdown, which allows dining-in at restaurants.  

but the current dine in is only 25% restaurant capacity, so would not call it open as normal.

To me this is heavy restrictions, but could get more heavy. Point was it is not breezy and open.

BKK may feel different but towns like Pattaya are empty, locals leaving because no work and as they leave, even somtam sellers close doors.

Drive around town after midnight and its a ghost town in full darkness.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Where in Thailand are you?  There are no "heavy" restrictions here in Bangkok.  Only bars, clubs, schools, gyms, pools and parks are closed.  Workplaces, public transport, shops and shopping malls, restaurants and cafes all remain open.   And, I'm no expert, but aren't the numbers going down?

It’s pretty heavy. Just not total.

not sure what numbers you are referring to. Makes it hard to comment

13 minutes ago, BestB said:

but the current dine in is only 25% restaurant capacity, so would not call it open as normal.

To me this is heavy restrictions, but could get more heavy. Point was it is not breezy and open.

BKK may feel different but towns like Pattaya are empty, locals leaving because no work and as they leave, even somtam sellers close doors.

Yeah, I guess places like Pattaya are suffering much more than Bangkok.  I live and work right in the middle of Bangkok, near Siam, and life is pretty much near normal during the day, and the 25% restaurant capacity isn't always noticeable at some places, particularly at lunchtime when the office-workers have lunch.

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

Going down? 

I guess prison cases are going down in so far as they appear to have cleared the back log of existing cases and now it’s a steady drip feed of daily cases.

but the overall cases in Thailand aren’t going down. They are slowly but steadily increasing. @BKK Brian posts a weekly average chart that shows just that. I’ll see if I can track down the last one posted if you need it.

@BKKBrian posted it earlier in this thread.  Cases have been steadily going down in the last week or so (unless I'm misreading it).

https://ourworldindata.org/coronavirus/country/thailand

Edited by brewsterbudgen

33 minutes ago, BestB said:

The scuttlebutt in Pattaya is some restrictions will be lifted on June 15, and maybe bars will open in some form on July 1.

52 minutes ago, Olmate said:

Whats the cremationnumbers weekly in the temple next door to you? 

Its really little hard to tell from Finland coz we have only one in here. Not next door and its zen buddhist . If i even be in Thailand at moment do you think i go to wai monk and ask from him "sorry how many people die last week"! You can visit temples and asking questions whitch really are not polite! Nobody make list from 40000 temples what happen inside there.

• Haha 1

Some people being vaccinated today with AstraZeneca are reporting that the date of the second jab for them has been set as 27 September which is 16 weeks away. More than the recommended international guideline.

(@Pannika_FWP) #COVID19 #โควิด19 #โควิดวันนี้ #Thailand

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1401783097402691587

• Like 1

Phuket officials silent on expat vaccination registrations

PHUKET: More than two weeks after the Thai Ministry fo Foreign Affairs announced to the world in English that foreigners, and specifically expats and retirees staying the country, will from today (June 7) be able to register to receive a state-provided COVID-19 vaccination, Phuket officials have remained silent on whether or not expats living on the island may in fact register from today.

https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-officials-silent-on-expat-vaccination-registrations-80261.php

• Like 1

More than 143,000 people were vaccinated across 986 centres by noon on the 1st day of the roll-out of Thai-made vaccines, said DDC's director general. They included 73,000 people 60+, 21,000 people suffering from 7 chronic diseases and 12,000 medical workers.

https://twitter.com/ThaiEnquirer/status/1401786405336932352

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Some people being vaccinated today with AstraZeneca are reporting that the date of the second jab for them has been set as 27 September which is 16 weeks away. More than the recommended international guideline.

(@Pannika_FWP) #COVID19 #โควิด19 #โควิดวันนี้ #Thailand

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1401783097402691587

More than the manufacturer guidelines (6-8 weeks i believe), more than the extended period used by the UK to increase the speed of first jabs (12 weeks), but exactly in line with the 16 weeks that Anutin announced about a week ago.

I assume they are also getting 12 doses instead of 10 out of 1 vial.

it just all seems a tad tawdry. No idea as to the medical implications as I’m not a doctor.

Edited by wensiensheng

And so it continues:

A number of pre-registered vaccine recipients received phone calls late this morning (Monday), notifying them of the cancellation of their vaccination appointments, with no new appointment being made.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/pre-registered-vaccine-recipients-appointments-cancelled-before-inoculations-began-today/

39 minutes ago, 2 is 1 said:

Its really little hard to tell from Finland coz we have only one in here. Not next door and its zen buddhist . If i even be in Thailand at moment do you think i go to wai monk and ask from him "sorry how many people die last week"! You can visit temples and asking questions whitch really are not polite! Nobody make list from 40000 temples what happen inside there.

Exactly why I asked.Thanks for admitting you have no idea of  the local situation.

43 minutes ago, 2 is 1 said:

But it would explain climate warming to some extent ????

2 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Where in Thailand are you?  There are no "heavy" restrictions here in Bangkok.  Only bars, clubs, schools, gyms, pools and parks are closed.  Workplaces, public transport, shops and shopping malls, restaurants and cafes all remain open.   And, I'm no expert, but aren't the numbers going down?

It's been reported that the case numbers are approx 2000 (+/- 500) for the last 60 days.

The numbers are clearly inaccurate. They go against every global trend. 

And you're correct, you aren't an expert and the numbers AREN'T going down.

Sincerely

MORRIS

Ex Bar Owner, Speaks Thai

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

More than the manufacturer guidelines (6-8 weeks i believe), more than the extended period used by the UK to increase the speed of first jabs (12 weeks), but exactly in line with the 16 weeks that Anutin announced about a week ago.

I assume they are also getting 12 doses instead of 10 out of 1 vial.

it just all seems a tad tawdry. No idea as to the medical implications as I’m not a doctor.

Maybe thats why he wants to give them a 3rd vaccination to ensure it works.  What a joke....

Edited by ThailandRyan

Daily numbers are irrelevant and without context.

Established first-world countries use 7-days trends and positivity percentages.

Thailand's figures are about as reliable as their voting system and election results. 

Sincerely

MORRIS

Speaks Thai, Double Vaccinated (February 22nd 2021)

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

Ok so I am now registered for a vaccination appointment.

VACCINE BOOKING INFORMATION

Date

01 JAN 1970

Place

-

Time

-

Status

Wait for an email confirmation from [email protected]

Can someone explain to me where the time travel portal is so I can go back in time to when I was only 6 years old and get vaccinated for a Virus that had not even been created by certain individuals or mutated from other Corona's.....just saying, and asking for a friend.

You need to understand, they have factored in delays, cancelation,  postponements,  etc. so you should be good to get your jab in October like the rest of us.

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

You need to understand, they have factored in delays, cancelation,  postponements,  etc. so you should be good to get your jab in October like the rest of us.

I have registered 3 separate times on different sites and all have been canceled such as the original Mor Prom app, then the Vimut Hopsital facebook registration, then the local Government Hospital, and now this debacle of a registration that puts me back in time.  Gotta love Thailand, the land of hubs, and now a hub of cancelations.