Thailand reports 2,419 new COVID-19 cases, 33 new deaths

webfact

5 minutes ago, Marvin Hagler said:

It is very hard to get tested according to this article: 

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/therealpreneur.com/politics/after-lavish-nights-of-clubbing-in-bangkok-a-covid-outbreak/amp/

This particular lady waited in a queue for 4 days for a test and then tested positive and does a few days later. 

I think that should be 'died'?

57 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

Asking around over the last few days I have discovered I do not know anyone who has actually been tested. While my social network might not be huge, I would have thought someone would have had one. Does make you wonder how many cases we would be getting if they were running ten or twenty times more than they are.

I note that several suggested that they may have had Covid already, having experienced symptoms at some point since it arrived last year.

But surely 10-20 more active cases would give a vast increase to the death rate? Both sets have been relatively stable over the last month. The only way that could happen is if most people are asymptomatic and have low efficacy in infecting others. 

45 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Your anecdotal evidence or lack thereof has completely reassured me about the situation in Thailand.

Thank you for sharing, otherwise we would never have known. 

No more anecdotal than what he was replying to...

• Like 2

The combination of vaccine refuseniks in the US plus countries like Thailand who were slow to order sufficient doses of vaccine may well give a boost to Covid and yet new variants and mutations, as the virus will continue to exist for a much longer period of time.

A year ago most people thought we'd be done with Covid by now. I fear a year from now we'll be saying the same thing.

Increased production of vaccine and aid to countries whose ineptitude gets in the way of them administering the vaccine efficiently can solve one of the problems, but the anti-vaxxers could be the folks who not only keep Covid alive, but give it a chance to mutate into something more virulent.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, DavisH said:

But surely 10-20 more active cases would give a vast increase to the death rate? Both sets have been relatively stable over the last month. The only way that could happen is if most people are asymptomatic and have low efficacy in infecting others. 

With a death rate of around just 1% its pretty easy to have a couple of thousand cases more each day and not have a vast increase in deaths and we all know even in the most advanced countries with higher testing rates that what they pick up is just the tip of the iceberg.

Edited by Bkk Brian

9 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

The daily reported figures do seem to present another definition of the phrase 'numbers management'.  

They manage the numbers in the bubble and seal hotpots very well. Its good accounting and no need to use an excel sheet or test.

They were also doing good at managing the numbers in prisons until a few sneaky high profile cases put paid to that.

1 hour ago, RR2020 said:

With the threat of being dragged away to a Covid facility for 14 days............there is probably 10,000 people a day being infected but just staying at home and self isolating.

While I agree with your logic,  mainly because that is exactly what I would do myself,  the flaw is that 1.6% of your 10,000 infected should die and more would be so sick they will come crawling and gasping to any hospital. 

We saw that early on in Iran, Peru, Mexico and lately in India, but no sign of it in Thailand. 

Reduce your 10,000 to 1,000 and we can agree again.

• Like 2

Only 97 out of 274 markets recently inspected by the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) pass the safety standards stipulated by Department of Disease Control (DDC), the BMA said on Sunday

The city is planning to inspect all 486 markets in its areas in a bid to contain the spread of Covid-19, as fresh markets are often the source of cluster cases.

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40001749

36 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Only 97 out of 274 markets recently inspected by the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) pass the safety standards stipulated by Department of Disease Control (DDC), the BMA said on Sunday

The city is planning to inspect all 486 markets in its areas in a bid to contain the spread of Covid-19, as fresh markets are often the source of cluster cases.

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40001749

I wonder how that would pan out nationwide if all the nation's thousands of markets were subjected to similar inspections ?

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, BestB said:

We are into second month of heavy restrictions and numbers are not going down. You would think someone would realise something needs to change ?

Where in Thailand are you?  There are no "heavy" restrictions here in Bangkok.  Only bars, clubs, schools, gyms, pools and parks are closed.  Workplaces, public transport, shops and shopping malls, restaurants and cafes all remain open.   And, I'm no expert, but aren't the numbers going down?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

Great news! I am  referencing the cdc tracking site. May 29 was the first time it has been below

20,000 per day, this is with almost no restrictions and a bunch of unvaccinated liars traipsing around grocery stores without masks. Just get your jabs!

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#trends_dailytrendscases

Screen Shot 2021-06-06 at 19.39.39.png

Absolutely. Get vaccinated. Uk 800.000 plus tests daily. Latest results published by public health England daily report. 

Screenshot_20210606_172534_com.android.chrome.jpg

12 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Where in Thailand are you?  There are no "heavy" restrictions here in Bangkok.  Only bars, clubs, schools, gyms, pools and parks are closed.  Workplaces, public transport, shops and shopping malls, restaurants and cafes all remain open.   And, I'm no expert, but aren't the numbers going down?

What do you mean ONLY? restaurants were take away only, just the other week changed to 25 % capacity can dine in, beaches closed, 7-11 close between 23:00-04:00

How much more "heavier" do you want to get?  Oz style full lockdowns where only 1 member of the family allowed to go buy food?

#COVID19 update in #Thailand on Monday:

Since 1 April 2021 151,023 people infected (+32 imported cases & +2,387 local cases)

1,175 dead +33

49,101 in care

1,233 in ICU & 355 on ventilators

2,999 discharged from care

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1401774313645113353

• Sad 1

32 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Not in Bangkok.

Of the 2,419 new cases that were found in the past 24 hours:

- 1,347 were found at medical facilities

- 949 via pro-active tests at known clusters

- 91 via pro-active tests at 13 prisons

- 32 imported cases

https://twitter.com/ThaiEnquirer/status/1401774916127522819

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, 2 is 1 said:

There is over 40000 temple in Thailand so if you spend your days to spying one temple that not tell nothing what happens in rest 39999!

Whats the cremationnumbers weekly in the temple next door to you? 

Make a note of these figures and let's see what today's inoculations bring:

About 2.05 percent of the population is fully vaccinated, with 2,855,041 (+9,754) people received the first dose, while 1,363,053 (+17,837) received the second dose.

https://twitter.com/KhaosodEnglish/status/1401775808021106690

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, BestB said:

What do you mean ONLY? restaurants were take away only, just the other week changed to 25 % capacity can dine in, beaches closed, 7-11 close between 23:00-04:00

How much more "heavier" do you want to get?  Oz style full lockdowns where only 1 member of the family allowed to go buy food?

I don't want it to get heavier at all - anything but; I'm desperately hoping schools will re-open as planned on 14 June.   I was just surprised that you think the current partial lockdown can be described as "heavy".  7-11 closing at 23.00 doesn't sound particularly heavy (ridiculous to close it all, I agree) and obviously I was referring to the current (non)-lockdown, which allows dining-in at restaurants.