Thailand reports 2,419 new COVID-19 cases, 33 new deaths

webfact

3 hours ago, FarFlungFalang said:

People get their take away food and sit around at home and eat together anyway so not much different. 

do not need to justify to me, i am only posting what is happening ????

5 hours ago, BestB said:

where did you hear that?

Well, it happens that a police captain told me tonight he expected bars to be open in Pattaya  in 2 weeks.

Don’t ask me the circumstances of our meeting.

Edited by Danderman123

1 minute ago, Danderman123 said:

Well, it happens that a police captain told me tonight he expected bars to be open in Pattaya  in 2 weeks.

To put you at ease, 3 police captains in soi 9 had not idea of Chonburi orders asking condo management to restrict visitors to any condo, only the tenants.

They had to read order 3 times and pass it around looking totally surprised.

Point is, it is not up to cops when businesses re open, and when covid numbers are over 2000 per day, bars re-opening is just not going to happen, unless Pattaya mayor decides to introduce its own rules because they managed to vaccinate 20 000 people, 

Do not get me wrong, i am all for it, but do not see it happening in 2 weeks

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, BestB said:

unless Pattaya mayor decides to introduce its own rules because they managed to vaccinate 20 000 people, 

Didn't you read the Governor plan "Pattaya moves forward" from week or so back.

The guy is not in touch of reality

17 hours ago, dinsdale said:

This is a virus that srpeads rapidly and easily. There are clusters and new clusters and yet more new clusters but the numbers are virtually the same everyday. Makes me wonder. Reported deaths back up into 30's so the 1000 deaths this month still on track.

Yes, makes everyone think....... The abacus is broken. 

8 hours ago, BestB said:

To put you at ease, 3 police captains in soi 9 had not idea of Chonburi orders asking condo management to restrict visitors to any condo, only the tenants.

They had to read order 3 times and pass it around looking totally surprised.

Point is, it is not up to cops when businesses re open, and when covid numbers are over 2000 per day, bars re-opening is just not going to happen, unless Pattaya mayor decides to introduce its own rules because they managed to vaccinate 20 000 people, 

Do not get me wrong, i am all for it, but do not see it happening in 2 weeks

I am just passing around scuttlebutt, I am aware that police officers are far from the decision makers in Bangkok.

i heard something about condo management being asked to report visitors to the Pattaya police, mostly to avoid parties in condos. This is the first I heard about a zero visitor policy.

Edited by Danderman123

9 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

And why would he know any more so, than one of the patrons or bar owners? 

2 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

The bar owners seemed to think the police captain had more insight.

Because.... he has a direct line to the CCSA, or the Governor, or the future infection numbers?

2 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Because.... he has a direct line to the CCSA, or the Governor, or the future infection numbers?

Again, I am just passing along scuttlebutt. I doubt that bars in Pattaya will open on July 1. 

My impression is that the economic situation in the area is dire, and the authorities are doing whatever is possible to eliminate the virus as soon as possible, except for increasing testing. They seem to be hoping that a couple of weeks of zero infections might allow for restrictions to be loosened.

Just now, Danderman123 said:

Again, I am just passing along scuttlebutt. I doubt that bars in Pattaya will open on July 1. 

My impression is that the economic situation in the area is dire, and the authorities are doing whatever is possible to eliminate the virus as soon as possible, except for increasing testing. They seem to be hoping that a couple of weeks of zero infections might allow for restrictions to be loosened.

It would seem unlikely.... and I fear the sense of opening up and drawing yet more visitors from the Bangkok area. 

There will not be zero  infections in the Banglamung area just yet.... 

Yes the situation is dire, but I fail to see what measures there are that will produce zero infections. Vaccinations may be going ahead in Bangkok, but I have yet to read how many were performed in our area yesterday. Most I hear of is hospitals cancelling appointments.

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, anchadian said:

Ratchaburi noodle factory closed after 28 workers found with COVID-19

An instant noodle factory, in Ban Pong district of Thailand’s Ratchaburi province, has been ordered to close for 14 days from today (Monday), after 28 workers tested positive for COVID-19 and another 300 have been placed in quarantine in the factory’s compound.

Employees in other departments of the Thai President Foods PCL, producer of the Mama brand of instant noodles, have been told to self-isolate at home for 14 days. Health officials will monitor them and provide advice on how to prevent the spread of the disease.

The communicable disease committee of the province is authorized to extend the factory closure if infections there are not contained within 14 days.

Was just informed by the GF that a cousin of hers is one of the infected.  She lives in a condo not far from the plant with 4 other relatives.  Looks like they will all be going into a field hospital.  This one has far reaching implications as this is one of the places Mama noodles is made, and well yes, delivery trucks and drivers are in and out daily to all walks of life.  Stay safe folks.

• Sad 1

Thailand reports 2,662 new COVID-19 cases, 28 new deaths

REUTERS8.JPG

A person receives the first dose of the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine against the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) as Thailand start a mass inoculation at a gymnasium inside the Siam paragon Shopping center, Bangkok, Thailand June 7, 2021. REUTERS/Soe Zeya Tun

Thailand on Tuesday (June 8 ) reported 2,662 new COVID-19 cases and 28 additional deaths over the past 24 hours.

Full story: https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1219814-thailand-reports-2662-new-covid-19-cases-28-new-deaths/

//CLOSED//

/Admin