Phuket marks new infected case from abroad

webfact

1623035268_1-org.jpg

Image: PPHO

By The Phuket News

PHUKET: Phuket officials marked one new COVID-19 infection yesterday (June 6), that of a foreigner who arrived in Phuket by boat.

The Phuket Provincial Public Health Office (PPHO) confirmed that the new infection had arrived in Phuket from a foreign country, but has yet to clarify which country the boat last departed.

The PPHO reported that the person was now observing quarantine on board the boat.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-marks-new-infected-case-from-abroad-80257.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2021-06-07

40 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Do you expect them to sneak in by boat too...the airport and Sarasin Bridge are pretty easy to patrol. 

Honestly it depends of the controls at Sarasin Bridge 

(Not at the airport as the girls are more likely coming by bus)

if the requirments in term of vaccines or tests are too high, and if

you can not go around them with the usual 500\1000 thb note then

yes you can expect a lot of the girls (And LB) will chose the other option

a travel by boat with an uncontroled point of disembarcation

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, kingofthemountain said:

The same thing with the ''working girls'' coming from all Thailand

to try to find again a white buffalo ATM in Phuket, i don't expect

a lot of these girls being already vaccinated with 2 shots

As long as the ATM has been vaccinated covid will be the least of his worries.

• Haha 2

There is a small bar at the end of the soi that my house is on. The girls (maybe 5/6) never left because the bar never 100% closed, just did business behind pull down blinds used to keep rain off. No music or lights on of course.

anyway, the police have  told the boss that if she wants to open on 1st July all the girls have to be vaccinated. No idea if the police are acting officially or unofficially, but that is what the bar has been told.

I use the term girls loosely, not one of them is under 35 ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

There is a small bar at the end of the soi that my house is on. The girls (maybe 5/6) never left because the bar never 100% closed, just did business behind pull down blinds used to keep rain off. No music or lights on of course.

anyway, the police have  told the boss that if she wants to open on 1st July all the girls have to be vaccinated. No idea if the police are acting officially or unofficially, but that is what the bar has been told.

I use the term girls loosely, not one of them is under 35 ????

Our 'bars' are now playing music, TV is back on and the pool table opened up (Khlong Toei...... heart of the third wave)........police must be earning a fortune

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, cardinalblue said:

So some vaccinated westerners have to enter 14 days of quarantine at their expense but some positive Covid guy gets to remain on a boat...why isn’t he required to enter a hospital here as positive airport visitors are?

A poor burmese illegal migrant hidden in the hold of an old fishing boat

who is going to pay for the transport to the hospital, plus all the expenses

(Food, care...) ? Plus it will takes one bed for 2 weeks, the island hasn't a lot available

• Like 1

14 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

A poor burmese illegal migrant hidden in the hold of an old fishing boat

who is going to pay for the transport to the hospital, plus all the expenses

(Food, care...) ? Plus it will takes one bed for 2 weeks, the island hasn't a lot available

You're right regarding the first bit. But there are plenty of beds available, no need to worry about that.

• Like 1

When enough of the D variant arrives in Thailand, the spikes should increase again. I read that this is

a highly contagious and is still a killer.  Good |Luck Thailand this pandemic is a long way from

being over.  Thanks to the latest Indian strain,  I wonder just how bad the Brazil or what ever greek letter it has been 

given is?

Geezer

Edited by Stargrazer9889