Thailand Used as Transit Point for Drug Trafficking

snoop1130

How else do you fund a military in a country where just 3 million of its population pays tax ???

38.7 million adults of working age in Thailand / 3 million pay tax (7.7%) = 67.5 billion US$ 

32.9 million adults of working age in the UK / 30.3 million pay tax (92%) = 784 billion US$ 

The thing I've noticed over the years is that nearly all the drug busts coming out of Northern Thailand are either meth, ice, yaba or the like. Very seldom is  heroin the product even though the golden triangle is supposedly the second biggest source  of it in the world from what I have read. Can anybody enlighten me as to why that is? 

3 hours ago, kynikoi said:

Your computer skills are amazing

I know mate, I'm hoping to get a job doing one of the many Super Poll surveys.

I'll need someone to make the tea, are you interested?

30 minutes ago, pegman said:

The thing I've noticed over the years is that nearly all the drug busts coming out of Northern Thailand are either meth, ice, yaba or the like. Very seldom is  heroin the product even though the golden triangle is supposedly the second biggest source  of it in the world from what I have read. Can anybody enlighten me as to why that is? 

I'll guess ..

Maybe there is less chance of an OD with Amphetamine products, ergo the customer base is more stable.

The Heroin gets exported to Europe & the UK. Brits love smack.

I'll do a Poll when I get the job.

????

Edited by faraday

Always has been and always will be no doubt. When I first came to Thailand on a first visit in the 70's it was explained to me that the army were controlling the illegal importation of drugs over the borders into Thailand and that the RTP then controlled its distribution. Whether that was true or not I had no idea at the time and found it quite a profound statement. Now living here for decades you get to understand that what once you found hard to believe becomes more believable. 

• Thanks 1