Foreign motorist captured after allegedly recklessly driving and dragging a motorbike for over 800 meters in apparent road rage incident in Pattaya area

webfact

The usual comments from armchair detectives, judges   juries and executioners. And the comment advocating mob justice, it may just sting one day when the mob turns on you.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jacko45k said:

If I remember correctly, this farang 'victim' instigated the road rage incident by threatening another driver with a machete and then driving off. The other driver later caught up with him and punched him. In other words, he had it coming. . .

So if you're one of these folk that wants to convince me farangkind are in enhanced danger from local society because we might f@rt upwind of a Thai and make them lose face so grievously that they'll shoot us dead, you'll have to find a better example than that. I've yet to see any example where the provocation didn't come from the foreigner, and I've been here for a looooong time.

Edited by Led Lolly Yellow Lolly
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Read the article!

Not worth commenting from just the OP.

Yup, the article puts it all into perspective and even alludes to a little justice possibly being handed down which caused the mans injuries.

6 hours ago, katana said:

More footage of the actual crash and the mob attacking him:

In the news story it was reported he was a 47 year old Finnish guy.

AmarinTV seem to have now removed the video. Guess the optics of it weren't too good...

Edited by katana

15 hours ago, KarenBravo said:

He should be treated the same as Vorayath, the Red Bull heir that did the same thing, except a person got dragged along with the motorbike and died because of it............just for consistencies sake.

Then it is a multi yr trip around the world, with the luxury trimmings.

Although didn't kill anyone, so should be a muted celebrity treatment.

Btw,

Interesting how the police not checking the holding back circumstances that sort of come across from the story as a near fatally failed run for his life from the angry mob...by the sound the nearest to die was the foreigner after all.

10 hours ago, Led Lolly Yellow Lolly said:

I've yet to see any example where the provocation didn't come from the foreigner, and I've been here for a looooong time.

Aggressive driving can be seen everywhere, by Thais, this being Thailand, more commonly. The fact you haven't seen it surprises me.... perhaps you do not get out much. I have been chased by Thais and the trigger was my beeping of the horn, as they were about to sideswipe me... because they do not hold to lane discipline, also they sometimes drive very slowly in front as they are messing with their phones, and cannot grasp filtering into traffic.

https://www.thaiexaminer.com/thai-news-foreigners/2019/08/25/road-rage-thailand-gun-incident-car-driver-thai-man-people-online/

Edited by jacko45k

2 minutes ago, Led Lolly Yellow Lolly said:

I didn't say what you imply I said. Of course I see aggressive driving here, to deny that would be absurd. What I want is someone to prove to me farangs are a specific risk group, which which no one seems able to do, except talk about it 

Then therein lie cases where the provocation does not come from the foreigner which previously you had never seen any examples of in your 'a looooong time'.

1 minute ago, Led Lolly Yellow Lolly said:

So give me an example. There must be something, dashcams are ubiquitous, there must be something. Maybe you should have recorded being chased. Was it high speed, with tyres a reaching?

Plenty examples out there, do some work yourself. 

Except the horn honker in your above example was Thai, and the farang with a machete charged with attempted murder, and rightly so.

I could post any number of crime statistics from London or New York that would make you think twice about living there, including numerous hate crimes directed at someone for their appearance or belief system. . .

What about Thailand? I just don't buy it, other than being in the wrong place at the wrong time, which is a law of life anywhere. If the perp in the OP had just sat down and waited for the police, been sober, and helped the other people involved, I feel quite sure he would have been treated respectfully.

Edited by Led Lolly Yellow Lolly

13 hours ago, Led Lolly Yellow Lolly said:

If I remember correctly, this farang 'victim' instigated the road rage incident by threatening another driver with a machete and then driving off. The other driver later caught up with him and punched him. In other words, he had it coming. . .

You do not remember correctly. The Thai started the incident by driving aggressively, dangerously and threatening the foreigner, as I have already explained. 

The foreigner then escalated the situation by stopping and getting the machete, and threatening the Thai. 

The Thai lost face because he didn't have the balls to get out and deal with the foreigner when tooled up so he then sucker punched him when he had the opportunity later. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Then therein lie cases where the provocation does not come from the foreigner which previously you had never seen any examples of in your 'a looooong time'.

A popular saying, "you never have a problem with one Thai, you have problem with every Thai in sight." 

Does not mean it's true of course but there are more Thais than farangs and Thais tend to be younger. 

But anyone here a looooong time will know better than me. 

29 minutes ago, rott said:

But anyone here a looooong time will know better than me. 

Well you'd think that during my loooong tenure I'd have seen something that confirms all these rumors and 'stories from strangers on forums' but I haven't. Instead, what I see is a population of farangs that have a tendency to exhibit personality issues and bring problems upon themselves.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

You do not remember correctly. The Thai started the incident by driving aggressively, dangerously and threatening the foreigner, as I have already explained. 

The foreigner then escalated the situation by stopping and getting the machete, and threatening the Thai. 

The Thai lost face because he didn't have the balls to get out and deal with the foreigner when tooled up so he then sucker punched him when he had the opportunity later. 

Then you should also remember that, after the foreigner had threatened the Thai with the machete, the foreigner returned to his car, followed by the Thai who did, indeed, get out of his car.

At that point the foreigner drove at the Thai, who bounced off the bonnet causing the rather noticeable damage to the foreigners car. Having subsequently caught up with the foreigner at the school, it is no surprise that the Thai was still rather annoyed, to say the least, with the foreigner.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1316594895111567 

1 hour ago, dabhand said:

Then you should also remember that, after the foreigner had threatened the Thai with the machete, the foreigner returned to his car, followed by the Thai who did, indeed, get out of his car.

At that point the foreigner drove at the Thai, who bounced off the bonnet causing the rather noticeable damage to the foreigners car. Having subsequently caught up with the foreigner at the school, it is no surprise that the Thai was still rather annoyed, to say the least, with the foreigner.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1316594895111567 

Indeed, I forgot about that.

What an absolute couple of ####s they both were. 

• Like 1

On 6/9/2021 at 9:36 AM, Mr Meeseeks said:

From memory the Thai guy did get out, standing in front of the farang's car, who then drove into him and he rolled of the bonnet. He had reason to be annoyed.