Foreign motorist captured after allegedly recklessly driving and dragging a motorbike for over 800 meters in apparent road rage incident in Pattaya area

webfact

14 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Now... The Mob who took the law into their own hands assaulted someone. Will they be charged with assault ?? I think we know the answer. 

we don't know that 

sounds to me like he tried to drive away but there was a motorbike stuck to the front of his car, he then got out and legged it and was chased and detained, did he try and fight his way out of it - if it is the same guy I was referring too earlier that is highly likely - was he plastered - that is also highly likely IMO considering the nature of the collision - all just my opinion of course 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, smedly said:

must have been the motorbikes fault even though it was parked lol

Dear Mr Smedly , perhaps the motorcycle was parked in a unlawful way ?. 

You can not use assumptions freely .

Have you not experienced how Thai citizens park anywhere ??

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

Funny when motorbikes  bash my wing mirrors  in Bangkok or scrape down the door they just drive off, maybe I should  pursue and kick the living sheit  out of  them? Few  years  ago a woman on a  bike whilst I was waiting to turn right actually turned onto me breaking the bumper, she drove off too, another  good  kicking opp missed I  guess.

Bash a wing mirror .. you mean your wing mirror fell off ? Of just hit without any problems ? And you compare that to this accident. Wow that is reaching.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, robblok said:

Bash a wing mirror .. you mean your wing mirror fell off ? Of just hit without any problems ? And you compare that to this accident. Wow that is reaching.

Do you  know  how  much a wing  mirror  costs on a  S  class Mercedes these  days? Yes  off, as in well and truly  broken, they don't  care. Probably as much as the motorbike in the accident. 

10 minutes ago, robblok said:

Dam on this forum you see so many people wanting to have weapons this fool shows what it can lead too. 

More on it here

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/30329188

Most Thai taxi drivers and minibus drivers carry some weapon or other too. Best to be careful out there...

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

There are plenty of stories in the media where a foreigner is set upon by a group of Thai’s after a perceived slight.

And  plenty that don't  make the news like the guy a  few  weeks  back got threatened with a machete I recall.

2 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

It is an old clip....I believe it started when the Australian was trying to make a right turn off Klang and was passed on his right by the Thai guy.... 

Most Thai taxi drivers and minibus drivers carry some weapon or other too. Best to be careful out there...

Yes its an old clip but it clearly stated that the Australian drew a MACHETTE that he had on his seat. Nothing about weapons of the Thai guy. It also states clearly that he damaged the window of the Thai guys car with it. 

Idiots like that actually deserve a far more severe beating. In my book anyone with a weapon and brandishing it first deserves all the kicking / beating they can get.

4 minutes ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

Do you  know  how  much a wing  mirror  costs on a  S  class Mercedes these  days? Yes  off, as in well and truly  broken, they don't  care. Probably as much as the motorbike in the accident. 

Ok broken off then the motorbike should stop. I too hit mirrors at times with my mirror. But that is usually a soft tap and i apologize and go on (assuming nothing has been broken and it never has). So that was why i was questioning you as cars getting a slight tap from the mirror of a bike is quite normal, breaking off not so normal. 

4 minutes ago, robblok said:

Yes its an old clip but it clearly stated that the Australian drew a MACHETTE that he had on his seat. Nothing about weapons of the Thai guy. It also states clearly that he damaged the window of the Thai guys car with it. 

I have subsequently edited the post you quoted after finding more  details...

3 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I have subsequently edited the post you quoted after finding more  details...

Yes i see now, so the Australian got a machette first after a minor car accident. No wonder he got punched. And it was a Brit ????

You could have found the details on the clip anyway clearly the foreigners fault here. (not talking about the accident but taking a weapon out first) IMHO foreigners (and Thais) with weapons can be beaten to by others all they want. 

Because this is a prime example of what happens when your tooled up. You feel over confident grab a weapon and make things worse.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KarenBravo said:

He should be treated the same as Vorayath, the Red Bull heir that did the same thing, except a person got dragged along with the motorbike and died because of it............just for consistencies sake.

What makes you think he won't be treated the same, unless he doesn't have the money? 

• Like 1

If only foreigners  could remember to behave accordingly while being guest's in another country!  The actions of this individual are shocking and well deserving of what some Thai's call Falang khee nok 

What nationality and race is he? I think there will be some bashing from some members here depending on his nationality.

As usual some foreigners think that they have the right as any citizen. Just remember we are all just guests.

Edited by EricTh

2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

A foreigner had an accident with a motorcycle, a mob chased him 800m caught him and kicked the s£!te out of him !!!

What the foreigner did is clearly wrong, will any of the Thai who beat him also face assault charges ?

Was the foreigner also drunk etc ? how did the accident happen ?

From the article below. I am not defending the Thai's actions, but if the guy was on foot trying to run after he hit the bike while it was parked as ,mentioned, then I would imagine that they have the right to arrest him under what we know as citizens arrest, and in my opinion, if he was fleeing straight after he hit the bike, as we know he did, he knew it was an illegal act, why did he do it, could be he was drunk, unlicensed, stolen car, drunk, outstanding warrants etc etc, and as he resisted when apprehended, then it would only be natural to get what he got, i.e. if he threw one, or two, when your out numbered, and you will get the %hit kicked out of you, obviously, so it's best to give up, I would expect a Thai to get the same treatment if it were a Thai, let's not assume the farang is special.

Both of them were not injured from the shocking incident, the motorcyclist stated. She and her daughter screamed for help, which caused local residents to chase after the foreign driver.