Foreign motorist captured after allegedly recklessly driving and dragging a motorbike for over 800 meters in apparent road rage incident in Pattaya area

webfact

after seeing that video I am now 90% sure this was the Russian I mentioned earlier that was plastered and causing trouble on Buakoew - on that occasion he was so drunk he could hardly stand. That night he was on a motorbike which he probably wrecked on the way home

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

Is that why when we see these  major  accident the drivers  run away then?

I've seen two Thais drive away after serious accidents in the last two years alone. Both in Chonburi and both after knocking off motorcyclists, causing them serious injuries. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, katana said:

More footage of the actual crash and the mob attacking him:

In the news story it was reported he was a 35 year old Finnish guy.

Russian sounds like Finnish - on the night in Buakoew he claimed he was Russian - could have been from Finland

3 hours ago, robblok said:

Too bad it does not show the part where the Australian used a manchette to threaten the guy who punched him before. Seems the Australian started it with a knife. Now that is no excuse for punching him when all is said and done. But seems he had a big hand in the problem himself by using a manchette and smashing the Thais window. 

In short the guy is trash. The Thai that hit him is trash too but the Australian started it with his knife. 

Dam on this forum you see so many people wanting to have weapons this fool shows what it can lead too. 

The Thai was threatening the Australian prior to him stopping to retrieve the machete from the rear of the vehicle.

That part of the video is conveniently not shown though. 

4 hours ago, smedly said:

he tried to flee after causing damage, I would put money on it he was plastered and deserves everything he got and what's coming - charge him with attempted murder

There was no one on the motorcycles he hit.

6 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

The Thai was threatening the Australian prior to him stopping to retrieve the machete from the rear of the vehicle.

That part of the video is conveniently not shown though. 

Thai did not have weapons, there is no proof of the Thai threatening him. There is proof of him having a manchette and damaging the Thai his car with it. Why is it you seem to always be defending scum. Because they got the same skin-color as you ?

Anyone who travels with weapons is an idiot / scum in my book. Tooled up people only cause trouble. Feeling bolstered by their weapons get deeper into troubles. 

Just looked at the footage again. The guy went straight for the weapon. Got out got the weapon. If he was threatened he could have stayed in the car.

So your really defending some trash person.

Edited by robblok

4 minutes ago, smedly said:

Russian sounds like Finnish - on the night in Buakoew he claimed he was Russian - could have been from Finland

Not excusing the actions of the foreign man but looks like he stayed in the vehicle until some Thai males itching for a fight started it by punching him through the window.

5 minutes ago, robblok said:

Thai did not have weapons, there is no proof of the Thai threatening him.

I just told you there is a longer video from before that shows the Thai pulling up alongside the Australian and threatening him. The Australian then retrieved the machete and threatened the Thai including causing damage to the vehicle. Does not excuse the cowardly sucker punch regardless of what happened prior and I wonder if the Thai was ever charged with serious assault? 

6 minutes ago, robblok said:

Why is it you seem to always be defending scum. Because they got the same skin-color as you ?

Try to debate maturely without the ad hominem, there's a good chap. 

Shameful scenes of mob violence there, seemingly instigated by the Thai in a white t-shirt punching the foreigner through the window of his vehicle, foreigner gets out to give some back and is ganged up on and beaten. 

What century is this again?

2 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

I just told you there is a longer video from before that shows the Thai pulling up alongside the Australian and threatening him. The Australian then retrieved the machete and threatened the Thai including causing damage to the vehicle. Does not excuse the cowardly sucker punch regardless of what happened prior and I wonder if the Thai was ever charged with serious assault? 

Try to debate maturely without the ad hominem, there's a good chap. 

Threatening him.. show that vid show the weapons. On the vid you don't see the Thai getting out. You only see the farang get out going straight for his weapon. So your defending a tooled up idiot. The Thai never got out of his car

Certainly does not excuse the punch but I certainly would be quite angry if someone had just threatened me with a machete and damaged my car with it. I would not have punched him as i think violence is never a good idea. Hence my loathing for tooled up idiots. 

1 minute ago, robblok said:

Threatening him.. show that vid show the weapons. On the vid you don't see the Thai getting out. You only see the farang get out going straight for his weapon. So your defending a tooled up idiot. The Thai never got out of his car

Certainly does not excuse the punch but I certainly would be quite angry if someone had just threatened me with a machete and damaged my car with it. I would not have punched him as i think violence is never a good idea. Hence my loathing for tooled up idiots. 

We are going over old ground here and you can go and find the proof yourself on the original thread.

On the original thread and in the longer video the Thai exhibited road rage, acting aggressively and following the Australian, pulling up alongside him and threatening him. The Australian then stopped and retrieved the machete from his vehicle. 

Nowhere was I excusing the actions of the Australian as he stupidly escalated the situation by brandishing a weapon but it was the Thai that instigated it.

3 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

We are going over old ground here and you can go and find the proof yourself on the original thread.

On the original thread and in the longer video the Thai exhibited road rage, acting aggressively and following the Australian, pulling up alongside him and threatening him. The Australian then stopped and retrieved the machete from his vehicle. 

Nowhere was I excusing the actions of the Australian as he stupidly escalated the situation by brandishing a weapon but it was the Thai that instigated it.

I disagree, but then again we probably have different values.

For me the one that gets out of a car with a weapon is an instigator. Someone who says some words from inside a car is NOT threatening. Getting out of a car and getting a weapon is escalating things.

Just now, robblok said:

I disagree, but then again we probably have different values.

For me the one that gets out of a car with a weapon is an instigator. Someone who says some words from inside a car is NOT threatening. Getting out of a car and getting a weapon is escalating things.

The Thai was threatening the foreign man with physical violence or murder while driving in an aggressive and dangerous manner.

With those actions, he certainly was attempting to instigate something.

Then when the old boy comes back tooled up he lost face and had to finish it with a sucker punch. Imagine punching a 70yo man and having to do it blindsided? Weak. 

You're having a 'mare again here mate.

20 minutes ago, robblok said:

I recall from the time that the Thai Guy was threatening the Westerner....   I think the Thai Guy had tried to ‘overtake’ the Westerner while turning right. The westerner didn’t allow himself to get ‘cut off’... this angered the Thai guy who drove aggressively at the Westerner who ultimately ’snapped’ stopped his truck, retrieved a machete and walked towards the Thai Guy with Machete in hand. 

Obviously the Westerner was a complete idiot to be tooled up in the first place, he was an idiot with a very short fuse.

This was one of those situations where most people would think... ‘eff-ing ek, that nutter nearly hit me... what a ****” and thats the end of it... The westerner clearly chose to react and escalate instead. 

It often takes two total idiots to make a problem.

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

The Thai was threatening the foreign man with physical violence or murder while driving in an aggressive and dangerous manner.

With those actions, he certainly was attempting to instigate something.

Then when the old boy comes back tooled up he lost face and had to finish it with a sucker punch. Imagine punching a 70yo man and having to do it blindsided? Weak. 

You're having a 'mare again here mate.

Nah your having an indefensible point again. Thai stays in car says a few words = physical violence or murder while driving in an aggressive and dangerous manner.????

Foreign man getting out going straight for his machete and damaging the Thai his car is ok ????

Its clear the foreigner escalated it.

Its also clear that the Thai man was a complete <deleted> for sucker punching the guy. 

But for me the worse of the two was the tooled up foreigner. had it been the Thai who was tooled up i would have said the tooled up Thai. Walking around with weapons and using them is is for me an absolute low so scumbag action.

2 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I recall from the time that the Thai Guy was threatening the Westerner....   I think the Thai Guy had tried to ‘overtake’ the Western while making a turn at the same time. The westerner didn’t allow himself to get ‘cut off’... this angered the Thai guy who drove aggressively at the Westerner who ultimately ’snapped’ stopped his truck, retrieved a machete and walked towards the Thai Guy with Machete in hand. 

Obviously the Westerner was a complete idiot to be tooled up in the first place, he was an idiot with a very short fuse.

This was one of those situations where most people would think... ‘<deleted>, that nutter nearly hit me... what a ****” and thats the end of it... The westerner clearly chose to react and escalate instead. 

Correct. 

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

I recall from the time that the Thai Guy was threatening the Westerner....   I think the Thai Guy had tried to ‘overtake’ the Western while making a turn at the same time. The westerner didn’t allow himself to get ‘cut off’... this angered the Thai guy who drove aggressively at the Westerner who ultimately ’snapped’ stopped his truck, retrieved a machete and walked towards the Thai Guy with Machete in hand. 

This was one of those situations where most people would think... ‘<deleted>, that nutter nearly hit me... what a ****” and thats the end of it... The westerner clearly chose to react and escalate instead. 

That is for sure they both deserve each other but the Westerner who bolstered by the weapons he carried took it a level up. 

For me tooled up people are the worst in the world. Guys like that are accidents waiting to happen. 

You read it in my country too kids with weapons then in the heat of the moment stabbing killing someone. You would have thought that older people would be smarter. But i guess some never learn.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, smedly said:

he looks very like a Russian who was assulting women on soi Buakoew a few nights ago, he was steaming drunk and road off on a motorbike when challenged by a few Thais - he could hardly walk never mind drive 

I could of course be wrong but it does look like him

enough with your fantasies

1 minute ago, robblok said:

That is for sure they both deserve each other but the Westerner who bolstered by the weapons he carried took it a level up. 

For me tooled up people are the worst in the world. Guys like that are accidents waiting to happen. 

You read it in my country too kids with weapons then in the heat of the moment stabbing killing someone. You would have thought that older people would be smarter. But i guess some never learn.

I’ve been in the situation where I was badly cut up on a dual carriageway (coming back from Hua Hin), the car was undertaking, nipping to the left lane between lorries, accelerating hard, speeding up the inside, then flicking across in the right lane into a gap that is hardly there....  Scared the Cr@p out of me and I hit my horn !!! Big mistake.... 

For the next 10-15 mins the driver held up 100’s of people on the dual carriage way as he drove at 10kmh and blocked anyone who tried to pass swinging from left to right covering all lanes, accelerating up to 100kmh then slamming the brakes on...  I couldn’t pass without hitting him so I hung back and just waited.

It did cross my mind as to what would happen if he just followed me (wife and son were in the car)... I figured, if he stops and gets out of the car and comes towards me I can drive off, but he will follow me again - the situation was close to escalating out of control all I could do was stop in the dual carriage way along with all the other cars. 

I figured if he does get out of his car I’d just have to run him over.... not sure what other options remained, it was starting to turn into a ‘him or us (me)’ situation. 

Ultimately, he got bored and wheel spun off into the distance.

There are some fruit cakes out there who get very angry at the slightest issues. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, robblok said:

Eh.... bias anyone

Hits a motorcycle and keeps on going dragging the motorcycle in front of him. Then the Thais pursue. Maybe that made him drive on but had he stopped initially then things could be solved. But probably drunk as a lot of foreigners seem to think its ok to drink and drive (like the Thais) though foreigners should know better but obviously a lot come here just for the lax rules.

if this would of been a Thai dragging 2 foreigners down the road this thread would be 150 pages calling for his head... lol

50 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Not excusing the actions of the foreign man but looks like he stayed in the vehicle until some Thai males itching for a fight started it by punching him through the window.

he tried to drive off with the motorbike stuck under the front of his car - the Thai guy was likely trying to turn the engine off and take the keys - excatly what I would have done, there is no defence, there are too many drunks driving around including farangs - I have a motorbike, it is rarely seen by anyone in pubs that I frequent, drunk drivers are dangerous if in cars - a danger to themselves on motorbikes mostly  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

No one was dragged down the road....    

as I understand it they had just parked the motorbike and got off moments before the impact - sounds like a very lucky escape for all concerned

• Like 1