Why is the chicken so god damn expensive?

AndyAndyAndy

I said to me mate how cheap chicken Is...macro they give it away funny though how anything with bone eg chicken wing is more expensive than chicken breast ....funny really put it in prospective how cheap bolt taxis $$ are compared western world ..I think it all balances it self out ..all in fun ????

• Confused 1

I said to me mate how cheap chicken Is...macro they give it away funny though how anything with bone eg chicken wing is more expensive than chicken breast ....funny really put it in prospective how cheap bolt taxis $$ are compared western world ..I think it all balances it self out ..all in fun ????

• Confused 1

20 hours ago, Denim said:

Mrs feeds the dogs chicken breasts because they are cheaper than tinned dog food.

yes, i am in nepal at the moment, and chicken here is 170b per kg, and that's still far cheaper than imported bags of kibbles. I also feed my cats local chicken pate, as thats cheaper than tins of cat junk food. And I have to feed this one a lot: 

C0F0D750-AC6B-46F1-9DB8-EBCAF28E97F7_1_201_a.jpeg

20 hours ago, Pilotman said:

we feed our dogs chicken, pork and chicken livers, very cheap in comparison to good quality canned dog food, better for them too . 

Same here. In the UK we used to give the dog mostly raw pork belly because it was dirt cheap. Here it's the most expensive pork! 

53 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

delicious whole BBQ chicken from big C is 120b   cut sliced breast 26baht still warm. save on fuel bill. why am i even reading this ?

Coz you is hi so & like to look down on us peasants.

????????

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Brick Top said:

I can't believe there as Cheap Charlee's on complaining about the price of chicken and even eggs , both items are about the cheapest food itams available in Thailand

I know, it's foul innit....????

• Haha 1

Commercial chicken is dirt cheap. My family sells Gai Baans ( the village chickens looking a bit like dinosaurs). Price - 150 baht a kilo, and demand exceeds supply.

I prefer the CP stuff myself!

21 hours ago, nightfox said:

Your having a laugh if you think $2 a kilo for chicken is expensive.

That is beside the point.

The OP is pointing out that the same chicken in the same store has gone up by a large chunk of change. Absolutely nothing to do with the comparison of chicken prices between countries.

4 hours ago, Excel said:

You hit it on the head, same as Macro. CP's chicken processing capacity has been severely restricted due to 14 day covid shutdowns in two factories, but may be more. You know the Thai thinking don't you ? If you can not make the same profit out of 2 products then you double the price on one.  That held good until of course people stopped buying the overpriced  meat. Yesterday in Macro I saw that chicken was back down again to near normal levels. Now the CP plant at Saraburi I understand has just opened again, not sure about the others so has the supply increased ?

The Sarabai plant closure was for 5 days.

Which 2 plants closed for 14 ?

1 minute ago, Ralf001 said:

The Sarabai plant closure was for 5 days.

Which 2 plants closed for 14 ?

A few months ago, I read that CP had a covid outbreak in one of their Chi..... factories.

This story was quickly quiet.

To powerful this company.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RafPinto said:

A few months ago, I read that CP had a covid outbreak in one of their Chi..... factories.

This story was quickly quiet.

To powerful this company.

Well when one of the richest men can afford a 100 million birthday present I guess he expects something like a pseudo monopoly in return