2021 MG Pickup

18 hours ago, SiSePuede419 said:

OMG, you can't compare the reliability of Ford with a Chinese British car.  Night and day difference.

Find a used Toyota pickup, which will last the longest.

Lol, I just say Ford Focus automatic gearbox problems in Thailand....

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, canthai55 said:

As an example -

Ford is a US based corporation.

I doubt that 10% of the parts in the vehicle are made in the USA

Especially the ones made in LOS.

Just like HD

So saying you are buying American just means you are a fanboy of a US corporation.

All other brands the same - to a greater or lesser degree

Ford Ranger is the most American made car in the country

For 2020, most American of American-made vehicle is the Ford Ranger. The Ranger has 70 percent of its parts content sourced within the US and Canada. The second-place car comes from GM and is the Camaro with an automatic transmission with 66 percent domestic parts content.

https://www.slashgear.com/ford-ranger-is-the-most-american-made-car-in-the-country-19638766/

4 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

My wife's Ford truck is made in Thailand but perhaps as is probably difficult for some parts as is in an entangled overlapping system, but that day is quickly changing to where hopefully anything State owned in China is not looked to and even considered unless necessary when a USA based born vehicle is involved. So the less is best.. So as I see it I do my best to not support China in any way possible and by not buying a 100% China made vehicle to one that does have some China parts is the lesser of the two mistakes I could do. I plainly don't trust and consider most substandard vehicles and so will always buy any other brand. Now for the independent country of Taiwan I am fully supportive of and do do business with them.

No disrespect to the good Chinese people as I do have some Chinese friends over the years, but I buy elsewhere when possible not to feed the Red Xi machine.

You can tell only the good people of China back from me that they are welcome this time if it is the case and to buy quality foreign products from the USA, Japan, and Korea as the biggies. 

By all means give it the ol' college try.  Simply pointing out that you are supporting the red machine anyway.   Just from the Thai angle, NHK (Japan based multinational in Thailand) is a huge Ford supplier (direct to Dearborn, Cologne, etc... not to mention the half dozen Ford factories IN China... which no doubt indirectly helps fuel the red machine), sources most of its materials directly from China through branches of NHK set up there to do just that again fueling the red machine.   Bravo on taking a stand when your multinationals and politicians have already bent over and lubed up.   Who knows, you may turn the tide.

Edited by Heng
more lube
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, elgenon said:

The Chinese also fund the B&R by getting things like the control of a country's ports in exchange for funding infrastructure.. They are not stupid.

One can always find disgruntled locals in any locale, but neutrally and logically speaking... I'd wager that the average Kenyan would prefer the current 'deal' as opposed to say the British deal they got before.   In every single BRI deal, it's an offer, it's not 'we're here and we're going to do whatever we want.'    ....That'll come later maybe.   

I saw a nice looking MG at Foodland about an hour ago.

4 hours ago, canthai55 said:

As an example -

I doubt that 10% of the parts in the vehicle are made in the USA

Especially the ones made in LOS.

Just like HD

So saying you are buying American just means you are a fanboy of a US corporation.

All other brands the same - to a greater or lesser degree

6 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

But not THIS country

This Forum is Thai visa - not US visa

2 hours ago, vinny41 said:

Ford Ranger is the most American made car in the country

For 2020, most American of American-made vehicle is the Ford Ranger. The Ranger has 70 percent of its parts content sourced within the US and Canada. The second-place car comes from GM and is the Camaro with an automatic transmission with 66 percent domestic parts content.

https://www.slashgear.com/ford-ranger-is-the-most-american-made-car-in-the-country-19638766/

It was you that posted a false statement "

I doubt that 10% of the parts in the vehicle are made in the USA"

Clearly as the above link indicates your are incorrect in your thinking

4 hours ago, Excel said:

So why do you think it is wrong to support the Chinese goods because of their countries acts yet promote Ford, an American company when the US dropped 2 nuclear bombs on a civilian population and caused untold ongoing deformities to the Vietnamese people by indiscriminately dropping agent orange bombs ? Its is just a pathetic argument you make in my opinion. Guess you have an iphone too ? made in China ?

Extremely weak reply. 

On 6/10/2021 at 8:02 PM, SiSePuede419 said:

OMG, you can't compare the reliability of Ford with a Chinese British car.  Night and day difference.

Based on what?   MG does not have a reputation for anything other than reliability so far, so, presumably, you're saying that the Ford is not as good, yes?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, nchuckle said:

it’s just another indictment of the real worth of these vehicles with no reliability Providence 

What evidence is there of MG pickups not being reliable and, presumably, by "Providence" [sic], you mean "provenance"?   Provenance is irrelevant to reliability so you see it as relevant to what?  Certainly not relevant to the OP's question.

13 hours ago, nchuckle said:

The fact remains you are gambling on the reliability of MG versus established provenance of Toyota etc

Yes, you're right, the MG could well turn out to be more reliable than a Toyota pickup.  Toyota's provenance is irrelevant to MG's reliability

6 hours ago, vinny41 said:

The Ranger has 70 percent of its parts content sourced within the US and Canada.

And 30% made or sourced in the Far East! 

"The Ranger has 70 percent of its parts content sourced within the US..."

"Sourced in the US"?  That's not the same as "made in US" and, presumably, if those parts were made in the US the report would say that they were.

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:
On 6/10/2021 at 10:00 PM, SAFETY FIRST said:
On 6/10/2021 at 8:46 PM, tifino said:

image.png.2fdbf5554f7861789340dd3e241c63f8.png

it's just a photocopy of the SAIC T70 also out of China...  

image.jpeg.0b33a7e1463e593dad7b71cf6438ae1c.jpeg   

Expand  

Yep, both rubbish

Expand  

Serious question, how do you come to that conclusion?  Have you driven both, for instance?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maxus_T70 

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Lou, chill dude, you're reading stuff that's clearly too deep and difficult for you to understand.

Not at all, I've been reading stuff that is nonsense, as you well know, hence your having nothing to back up your pickup quality related claim.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I know what the cars are.   My question was to SAFETY FIRST asking why he said that "both cars are rubbish".

I was simply responding to your tagging me too... 

- one just needs to take more care in how one forms ones Quotes...

On 6/9/2021 at 3:50 AM, vinny41 said:

I would checkout the facebook pages its not unknown for people to get upto 250,000 baht discount on MG pickups

for the 1st 3 months of this year they have sold in Thailand  1,460 pickups compared to  Isuzu pickups

https://www.headlightmag.com/sales-report-pickup-q1-2021

MG Extender 2.0 DC Grand D 6MT price tag in the Thailand reads THB 759,000 (without any discount)

https://www.zigwheels.co.th/en/new-cars/mg/extender/2-0-dc-grand-d-6mt

Personally I can't justify the need for a car in Thailand. Motorbike works for shorter trips around home and when I need to

go further away bus is just fine and extremely cheap.

2 hours ago, milys said:

MG Extender 2.0 DC Grand D 6MT price tag in the Thailand reads THB 759,000 (without any discount)

https://www.zigwheels.co.th/en/new-cars/mg/extender/2-0-dc-grand-d-6mt

Personally I can't justify the need for a car in Thailand. Motorbike works for shorter trips around home and when I need to

go further away bus is just fine and extremely cheap.

MG dealership offerring 250,000 discount on MG extender here

https://www.facebook.com/Sujittar036/posts/472246484133967

Some people will just never give up and therefore go to the Ignore list.  The MG vehicles are here to stay and are making a name for themselves.

MG, Yes That MG, Now Makes A Cool Pickup Truck Called Extender (motor1.com)

https://www.carguide.ph/2019/08/mgs-first-pickup-truck-is-more-powerful.html