Bars will remain closed in Phuket after 1st July

Rhacsyn

Well with pubs, bars and entertainment venues to remain closed that's many major attractions for tourists gone. Doesn't bode well for the rest of Thailand either. More like <deleted>box than sandbox. So just about the only thing to do will be sit on a beach or by the resort pool (if that's allowed). Will any day trips be running if there is little demand? Mayor said closed "for the first period of July" is that a few days or a few weeks? No definate opening dates given with less than 3 weeks to go until 1st July. Anyone here on TVF booked to travel there yet?

Phuket will be ready, and it beats being stuck in ASQ-ALQ

They must re open, and then check the rates of cases per day.

I’m not saying it will work, or workers and bars will come back, BUT they must TRY to restart

then see what happens middle to end of July

I'm coming in july 8-9th 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, madmen said:

I'm ready to book but no way I'm sitting in my room drinking beer alone for 14 days . Will just continue to enjoy the freedom of where I am right now 

Same here. Only hope for bars is if the mayor is overruled by the governor or government ????????

• Like 1

Does anyone know if domestic arrivals can leave Phuket before 14 days, lets say stay for 7 days only?

The wife might visit, but she not sure if she can stay 14 days

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bolt said:

Phuket will be ready, and it beats being stuck in ASQ-ALQ

They must re open, and then check the rates of cases per day.

I’m not saying it will work, or workers and bars will come back, BUT they must TRY to restart

then see what happens middle to end of July

I'm coming in july 8-9th 

Problem is they are reopening via a model that shuts down entertainment venues. That's a completely flawed trial. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

LOL, been stuck in a uK bed and breakfast alone for 15 months drinking beer, 14 days would be a doddle !

That's tough but at least it's getting warmer there. Cost wise it's not going to be dramatically cheaper to go ASQ Bangkok or Pattaya. I did 14 days and it wasn't traumatic 

I’ve completed 2 separate ASQ-ALQ, and I also have to do similar type of isolation for my work 10+5 days, and it’s getting tough mentally.

I told the wife if the ASQ-ALQ continues I’m NOT going to Thailand, the Phuket thing will work for me 1 time, we’ve never been to Phuket but one time is enough 14 days will drag by

But hey it’s a start, but Thailand needs this to start first and foremost  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kynikoi said:

Schadenfreude

You're all high on hopium. It's never going to happen.

Yes we're high and you're Normal 

prost Shatzi

Edited by bolt

Well, it certainly should be the back door first choice of those who want to return for long term, retirement visas, etc.

14 days cruising around Phuket beats 1000 times couped up in a room in Bangkok.  And jeez, figure it out if you want some company buy some booze at 7-11 go online meet someone go someplace not a bar and have some drinks.

I would think the ASQ hotel business should be minimal starting next month.

Edited by bkk6060
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Well, it certainly should be the back door first choice of those who want to return for long term, retirement visas, etc.

14 days cruising around Phuket beats 1000 times couped up in a room in Bangkok.

I would think the ASQ hotel business will be minimal starting next month.

That's true, it does sound like a great alternative to quarantine. But how they intend to attract tourists (which seems to be their goal) remains anyone's guess.

46 minutes ago, soi3eddie said:

From the Phuket News article it reads that the Phuket Governor and TAT Governor are the ones stopping the bars re-opening. Quote below.

“Phuket Governor and the TAT Governor have not allowed them to open,” Mayor Chalermsak told The Phuket News earlier today (June 10).

Morality Tours Thailand in collaboration with the Thai Temperance Union and tea-toddling Thai governors throughout Thailand brings you - <drum roll>

Phuket_GP!!!  Group quarantine tours suitable for babies, young children, non-drinkers, and wealthy masked mall-shoppers of all ages.

• Haha 2

53 minutes ago, Rhacsyn said:

I do not see too many risks assocoeated with a few vaccinated and tested tourists 

Oswaldtwistle, Lancs, UK. My mate's buddy, fully vaccinated (both shots), tested positive for Covid-19 during a routine 'surge' test last Tuesday.

He's writing Tony Blair to tell him to go stick his vaccine passport up his <deleted>.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NanLaew said:

Oswaldtwistle, Lancs, UK. My mate's buddy, fully vaccinated (both shots), tested positive for Covid-19 during a routine 'surge' test last Tuesday.

He's writing Tony Blair to tell him to go stick his vaccine passport up his <deleted>.

Why?

Nobody has claimed you cannot catch Covid-19 after vaccination. It just means you won't die from it. This is why there is still a masking mandate, even for fully vaccinated individuals.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, bkk6060 said:

14 days cruising around Phuket beats 1000 times couped up in a room in Bangkok.  And jeez, figure it out if you want some company buy some booze at 7-11 go online meet someone go someplace not a bar and have some drinks.

I would think the ASQ hotel business should be minimal starting next month.

Except it's rainy and low season, weather is good in northern hemisphere, people have lost jobs and careers and most economies are somewhat crippled.

It will be a trickle of 50+ sex tourists.

2 hours ago, petermik said:

If you cannot go out and enjoy a drink in the evening what`s the point of opening up the place to tourists?

Muslims seem to cope alright.

I like a beer or 20 but I also like lazing around in 5 star resorts. The resort's will be selling booze for you to "enjoy" a drink.

Last thing Phuket needs is whoreds of mongers and irresponsible hookers all swapping bodily fluids and covid. Remember this current English strain that is causing us nearly all the problems now came in to Thailand with those partying government officials. 

Some people after a few beers simply can't control themselves when they see a hot piece of a$$ selling themselves.

So they are designing the rules to keep them out and welcome the families and couples who are generally much better behaved and won't cause much trouble.

Very sensible move. 

• Like 1