Bars will remain closed in Phuket after 1st July

Rhacsyn

1 hour ago, bkk6060 said:

Well, it certainly should be the back door first choice of those who want to return for long term, retirement visas, etc.

My first thought when it was anounced. I'm booked to return in November and if ASQ still required then will switch to the Phuket option for sure. I'm certain many others will do same. Easy choice; cooped up in ASQ room for 14 (or more) days or free to move around a resort island with beaches and open space.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, petermik said:

If you cannot go out and enjoy a drink in the evening what`s the point of opening up the place to tourists?

Although i agree , but you have to remember the other plan which is in place right now , which is not leaving room at all . The difference isn't big , but should it be ? Getting everything open will take a while , so step 1 instead of 14d in room , 14 days on island . The name "sandbox" is a fancy name for basically nothing more then a sandbox ( well and some coconut trees and palms ) . Next will be maybe bars open or change the time from 14 to 10 or 7 ... when will it be ? idk , lets see how it all goes , the numbers will say it all . The faster the vaccination goes , the lower the positives , the faster everything can go back to "normal" .

• Like 1

Such a shame that the only place on the entire island to buy and drink alcohol is a bar. 

If only you could buy some Duff at the local Kwik-E Mart and have some friends over to the room, or the hotel pool... 

But I think they cancelled Apu and the Kwik-E Mart...