TAT Sandbox release clarifies key conditions, mystifies others

webfact

6 minutes ago, nattaya09 said:

So my Pfizer vaccination would not be recognized? About 170 million doses have been administered in US

it has been administered to the select few including the top clown but its not available to those in economy class awaiting a brown envelop

So not sure if those who have will allowed in I also have a pfizer vac

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, mbenson said:

Arguably the best of the vaccines, the Pfizer, is not on the list, probably for some inane reason. Come on.

Strange. Pfizer BioNtech was accepted from APR 01 during 8 night( 7x24hr behind the door) ASQ

scheme and is still on the drop down menu on the COE application website. Sinovach Biotech is not available in many "safe" countries targeted by sandbox. Too bad for those who will be forced to cancel.

33 minutes ago, smedly said:

noticed a bunch of new India arrivals wandering around Pattaya last night

I wonder what sandbox they are on

I thought all arrivals from India were strictly banned 

The Hi-So Indian plane landed and then was promptly denied they had come into the country.  Asked and answered you have my young Padawan.

2 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

The Hi-So Indian plane landed and then was promptly denied they had come into the country.  Asked and answered you have my young Padawan.

I wouldn't be so sure about that - these were definately Indian and new arrivals - easy to spot 10 of them walking around looking very new and very out of place

Yup I only got Pfizer, so I guess no Phuket for me and besides the Patong Mayor, says no open bars anyway, so I really

do not want to go to non alcohol Phuket. I will wait and go to Hua Hin, where I know enough bar owners that I will

have no problems filling my metal drink container with any good stuff that I want to enjoy.

Geezer

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, smedly said:

I wouldn't be so sure about that - these were definately Indian and new arrivals - easy to spot 10 of them walking around looking very new and very out of place

You misread my post unfortunately.  I agreed with you.  It was stated in many places that a plane load had arrived, and then the government immediately denied it.  We know what it means when they deny something occurred.

4 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

The extra detail means extra rinsing opportunities not yet thought of as always and probably involves leaving a kidney or testical as a deposit????

I'm up for an IVF programme but stuff the rest.

Tourists can only leave their rooms when everything is closed. From 9pm to 8am.

When everything is open, tourists must be not seen and not be heard.

Thank you for your co-operation.

Welcom to jack <deleted>.

Signed: TAT Obersturmvaxfuhrer.

Edited by chalawaan
  • Haha 1

It is clearly misreporting. Pfizer IS accepted.

On May 14 The Phuket News (the source of this article) reported Pfizer was approved. "...Thai FDA-approved manufacturers other than Sinovac Biotec (CoronaVac), Astrazeneca (Vaxzevria, Covishield), Pfizer (Comirnaty), Johnson & Johnson (Janssen) and Gamaleya (Sputnik V). " [Source]

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

Yup I only got Pfizer, so I guess no Phuket for me and besides the Patong Mayor, says no open bars anyway, so I really

do not want to go to non alcohol Phuket. I will wait and go to Hua Hin, where I know enough bar owners that I will

have no problems filling my metal drink container with any good stuff that I want to enjoy.

Geezer

every open restaurant serves whatever you desire to drink in a cup, been that way since day 1
the only thing missing is the bars with girls' in them

I still feel this is NOT about tourism but making it easier for expats that have not been able to get back to thailand an easy in for them.

Since these new arrivals cant leave phuket, what about those farnags living on phuket that have not yet been vaccinated?  will we need show a dl or id stating we live here?

i cant see more than a few thousand arrivals in the 1st 2 months and than sept it will drop off till Nov.

1 hour ago, smedly said:

noticed a bunch of new India arrivals wandering around Pattaya last night

I wonder what sandbox they are on

I thought all arrivals from India were strictly banned 

Could have been the Indian tailors association annual outing.

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, smedly said:

So you see a few indian guys walking around  Pattaya - you suspect they are new arrivals from India, despite Indians being banned due to the new variant. Your reasoning for believing this is because they seem 'out of place'. 

Just curious what is the 'norm' to look like being in Pattaya? Old, crusty, shaved head, and a British accent?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, zzzzz said:

every open restaurant serves whatever you desire to drink in a cup, been that way since day 1
the only thing missing is the bars with girls' in them

I still feel this is NOT about tourism but making it easier for expats that have not been able to get back to thailand an easy in for them.

Since these new arrivals cant leave phuket, what about those farnags living on phuket that have not yet been vaccinated?  will we need show a dl or id stating we live here?

i cant see more than a few thousand arrivals in the 1st 2 months and than sept it will drop off till Nov.

The risk of catching covid, and extending your quarantine to another 14 days would be too stressful to enjoy any social gathering - like bars, restaurants, etc. The only positive is you can go for walks, and leave your room. Doubt anyone will be playing russian roullete and hitting restaurants and bars (if open).