Foreigners in Thailand can register for COVID-19 vaccine from June 14

webfact

22 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

On Monday I will try and log in to the new site and see if it lets me since I already registered on the one put out on Monday.

The other paper has two letters in their Postbag suggesting another failed website in this hub of techno-wizards.

I am going to still sit on the fence until october / November until phizer is available , i have 6 boxes Invermectin Tablets to take if i contract Covid-19 which were given to me in India 2 weeks ago.

Invermection was and still is  handed out by the India Govenment to the Public over the last 4 weeks due to shortages of Vaccines and that has slowed the rate of Covid-19 infections down dramatically.

In New Deli 97% Survival rate using Invermentin 6 mg Tablets.

Sinovax has no efficassy against the Variants, this week a 52 year old lady died in Australia from Blood Clots from the AZ Vaccine

• Confused 1

Please be advised that the reservation system for the vaccination appointment is being updated. You cannot make a reservation for a certain amount of time. We have to apologize for all the inconvenience.

The Office of International Cooperation Department of Disease Control Ministry of Public Health Thailand

Of course it is down. 

18 hours ago, Scott Tracy said:

Gullible as I was, I registered on this website. I was offered a choice of 3 locations for a jab. A choice of vaccine too.

The only issue was, the 3 choices of vaccination centre are all  Bangkok hospitals, and I live in Si Saket, some 530kms away....

Same same I live in Buriram so not quite as far.

Unless there are some major physical limitations I don't understand people complaining about going to Bangkok for a free, potentially life saving vaccine.  They are not going to come to your house with a nurse and beg you to take it. 

I would drive for an entire day/night if I had to for a jab.

These are times to adapt and be flexible especially with the current limited supply issues. If a person is lucky enough to get an appt. I would think they would do everything possible to get there.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Risk. 

The French Embassy seem to have deamed the risk to French Nationals, with J&J vaccine, different to if they were actually in France. In France it is used for those over 55 years old. Belgium use it for those over 41 years old. French vaccine policy seems to be different here in Thailand (Over 45 yrs old). In Thailand it is authorized for "?"

"...France has already indicated it will only use the vaccine on people aged above 55."

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/20/covid-vaccine-ema-says-jj-shot-can-be-rolled-out-across-eu.html

Edited by rbkk

4 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Just filling out my 'Intervac application'. I'm stuck on 2 points. 'VISA TYPE' and 'ORGANIZATION".

What is your visa type? If on annual extension, put Non Immigrant.

For Organization, you can put anything. I put Not Applicable. Some have said None or Retired.

• Like 2

On 6/11/2021 at 12:43 PM, connda said:

The Mrs and I were offered the shots at the local hospital without prior registration and respectfully turned them down with a smile.  (We have a great bunch of folks at the hospital!)
I'll reconsider the vaccines in 2025 when there is at least five years of research data on the efficacy and safety of the vaccines.  I don't care what the marketing from the government, media, and Big Pharma says, there are no long-term longitudinal human studies of any of the vaccines being used under "Emergency Use Authorization."

So it's nice not to be hampered with attempting to register for something like this in a country where software driven-database solutions seldom function correctly, especially those created expressly for foreigners.  Glad I'm in no hurry.  Perhaps by 2025 their online system will actually work and be available 24/7.  ????  Or not!

I can certainly forsee issues with both outbound and inbound international travel (if that is a consideration for you) with no vaccination for at least another year. 

Yesterday, I finally managed to get a booking in late June via the website.

Assuming this does not get cancelled and I can get a second dose within 2-3 months, I will then be able to have have a trip back home later this year with no quarantine on arrival or when I return to Thailand. 

7 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Not working yesterday, even for 4 hours.

I registered yesterday and booked an appointment. While I also encountered periods of timeouts on the site, when it did work, it worked satisfactory.

7 hours ago, mikebell said:

The other paper has two letters in their Postbag suggesting another failed website in this hub of techno-wizards.

If people would spend more time revisiting the site to check for availability, and less time complaining that it doesn't work, the picture would be different.

And I speak from personal experience, as I initially couldn't find any available slot to book an appointment myself. I did succeed eventually, and so did many others who didn't give up.

25 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Then wait for the "new" site /expatriates on June 14 and see if that works better.

There is no new site and that link has been usable since at least yesterday. The only real difference is that it's now open to us younger and healthy ones. It is NOT an entirely new system.

4 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Unless there are some major physical limitations I don't understand people complaining about going to Bangkok for a free, potentially life saving vaccine.  They are not going to come to your house with a nurse and beg you to take it. 

I would drive for an entire day/night if I had to for a jab.

These are times to adapt and be flexible especially with the current limited supply issues. If a person is lucky enough to get an appt. I would think they would do everything possible to get there.

Not complaining, but my point is why travel to a place responsible for many cases of spreading covid-19, when the place I live (Buriram) has very few infections. Seems an unnecessary risk IMHO. I will monitor the situation until a safer venue is available and then apply for the vaccine. I believe that more regional vaccination centres will be added moving forward.

Edited by Mutt Daeng
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Just filling out my 'Intervac application'. I'm stuck on 2 points. 'VISA TYPE' and 'ORGANIZATION".

Visa type: open your passport and look at your visa

Organization: I put " none" and it was accepted

• Like 1

On 6/11/2021 at 1:53 PM, whiteflight said:

If everyone did that, the pandemic would still be raging in the US and UK, but fortunately,

most people are not as selfish as you, and the majority of people have already been

vaccinated and the infection rate and death rate has fallen dramatically in every single

country where the population is mostly vaccinated.  If it were up to selfish people like you,

many many more people would have suffered and died.   Have you no shame at all.

Thank you for putting the emphasis on vaccination, we don't live in a cave, and even vaccinated, there's a tiny possibility that we can still get infected/infect people around us. However stay unvaccinated will give the virus an unobstructed conduit (unvaccinated you) to spread and the ravages as we have seen to recur. I might die from my own device, but I don't want to bring along my family, my neighbors, my co-workers or simply strangers that happened to sit with me on the same bus, restaurant, etc. Unfortunately there are individuals out there who only think for themselves (herd? - you, not me; guinea pig? - go ahead you, not me) and the heck with the lives and deaths of others. While the rest of us are doing our best to keep ourselves AND our fellow men/women, even strangers in our midst, alive.

• Like 2

Just saw news that many hospitals have cancelled ALL vaccinations appointments from June 14th-18th due to lack of vaccine supplies. Possibly will continue after that date also. So for everyone having appointments in Bangkok Hospitals starting tomorrow onwards, would be prudent to double check if your particular Hospital is affected.

The translation is the best I could do quickly, but you will get the gist.

translated_image.jpg

E3sFO5DVkAQtA_j.jpg

Edited by couchpotato
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

One question I have: Once all this cluster(bleep) of who gets what brand of vaccine when, etc, etc, etc...how will those who are partially then fully vaccinated be tracked ??? 

As an example, looking down the road say 6 months or so when hopefully a large % of Thais and expats are fully vaccinated, will there be an official online database (that actually works properly) that tracks each person's vaccine status ? This is important as I foresee Thailand as well as many other countries will require a "vaccine passport" to gain entry as well as avoid quarantines. Or will a "Khaosan Road Special" paper vaccine passport become the standard ?

On 6/10/2021 at 11:53 PM, whiteflight said:

If everyone did that, the pandemic would still be raging in the US and UK, but fortunately,

most people are not as selfish as you, and the majority of people have already been

vaccinated and the infection rate and death rate has fallen dramatically in every single

country where the population is mostly vaccinated.  If it were up to selfish people like you,

many many more people would have suffered and died.   Have you no shame at all.

Nicely stated whiteflight...I initially was pretty skeptical of the vaccine, but I had some personal and practical reasons to get it and take that risk. The outcome? Prior to getting my 2 Moderna jabs, I had a very mild case of the virus in January this year that lasted less than 1 week. After 5 days I tested negative, and 4 weeks after that, I tested positive for the anti-bodies. Then I got the two jabs.

Now, recent research indicates that those who had the virus about a year ago, then developed the anti-bodies, and also got fully vaccinated, they are likely to have immunity for years against the primary virus and variants, and possibly for their lifetime. So far, I am glad I took the risk.

Immunity to the Coronavirus May Persist for Years, Scientists Find - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

• Like 2

On 6/11/2021 at 10:29 AM, samtam said:

So the website for 60+ and those with comorbidities, which was launched on 7 June and which does not work, will now be swamped by another website?

As I noted in the thread about this site not working, there is no intention to vaccinate foreigners, despite the regular hot air to the contrary.

Not true. Foreigners in Buriram an Mukhdahan (and probably other provinces, though I don't know which) have already been able to get vaccinated. My own province, Srisaket, is vaccinating Thais only, so I've registered at the nearest private hospital for the Moderna jab, just in case.

Policy on who gets vaccinated, and when, is apparently up to individual provinces.

4 hours ago, JohnB1945 said:

I'm afraid that even making all due allowance for incompetence the only believable explanation is malice!

• I registered on the original website and it apparently accepted this.
  • Next time I logged on it said "Incomplete data" so I tried re-registering. 
  • It had lost my nationality, and part of my address. When I tried to complete the drop down menus did not work.
  • After perhaps 20 different attempts, using several different browsers and different computers, it did let me register.
  • When I attempted to book a date most of the days were not available, for many months!
  • I tried booking on one of the few available dates. I tried with all three hospitals, either vaccine, any time. Not once did it give me an appointment.
  • I tried the laughingly titles "helpdesk" on 1422. No answer even after 15 minutes waiting, listening to ill-chosen music. 
  • I tried the number off the internet, 02 590 3000. Nobody picked up even after multiple attempts.
  • My son, who speaks good Thai, phoned up the PhyaThai2 hospital, as the Vimut and Medpark Hospitals did not pick up.
  • They said to come in and they would register me, and give an appointment.
  • So yesterday I drove 200 kilometres to the PhyaThai2 hospital.
  • When I got there I was directed to the "International Section". This was well staffed with at least 6 people, not one of whom spoke the slightest work of English. Luckily my son was with me.
  • They said to use their computer (why would I take on a 400 Km round trip to use their computer? I have a much better computer at home!)
  • Anyway I tried their computer and it was exactly the same, impossible to book an appointment.
  • So I complained to them, and the guy said (in Thai) that he would sort it out. He then disappeared for about 45 minutes. Through the glass wall to the staff area we could see him and his colleagues discussing some clothing, presumably hoping I would go away.
  • After the long wait, a very helpful Myanmar lady appeared. Still not much English but she had a positive attitude, unlike the people in the "international Section". She said that many other people have the same issues, and if I gave her my details she would try to get an appointment for me. She had a big pile of papers with the details of other foreigners. So presumably  she intends to try doing this if and when the website starts working. Anyway she added my details to her long list.
  • And I returned home after a totally wasted day and a 400 km worthless round trip!
  • Now they seem to be saying that Foreigners can register for the vaccine after the 14 June, after previously saying after the 7 June. And if you believe that you will believe anything!

I should say that I am very willing to pay, but I can't find any private hospitals that have the vaccine. If anyone knows of any private hospitals that can do vaccinations I would be very grateful if they could let me know. 

As I am 76, overweight, with high blood pressure even after medication, my life is very much at risk without a vaccination.

This is a really sad story, and I wish it could be shared far and wide. Unfortunately the rollout is random and greatly hampered by a lack of supply.

• Like 1