Foreigners in Thailand can register for COVID-19 vaccine from June 14

webfact

2 minutes ago, Scott Tracy said:

Gullible as I was, I registered on this website. I was offered a choice of 3 locations for a jab. A choice of vaccine too.

The only issue was, the 3 choices of vaccination centre are all  Bangkok hospitals, and I live in Si Saket, some 530kms away....

Apparently on Monday they will add nationwide vaccine places.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, internationalism said:

another joke or just fake news?

the idea of online registration is availability 24h, not just for 4h. Traffic might crush their website, slow down, cause mistakes.

Their website was not functioning for the last few days with "database is being upgraded, come back later" 

In the US the same thing happened early on. When appointment registration became available the website ground to a halt. This lasted several weeks until they upgraded the system and added a proper queueing mechanism.

It took me hours and multiple tries to make an appointment. Now of course it's trivial to get vaccinated, even WalMart offers walk-in vaccinations, but at the time it was difficult.

8 hours ago, Naturesway said:

In Europe some countries totally stopped vaccination plan because too many suffering of symptoms and death was resulting and THAIland just keep pushing it with full gas. It’s unbelievable how much they always delaying in any kind of understanding 

And these countries are...?

Pushing with full gas...? 8.45 doses per 100 people. Gibraltar, 230 doses per 100 people, UK, 102.74 doses per 100 people, US, 91.4 doses per 100 people, Cambodia, 30.67, Bhutan, 62.56...

https://ourworldindata.org/covid-vaccinations

Full gas, my aspadistra.

Edited by Scott Tracy
Corrected some grammatical errors.
  • Like 1

I finally managed to complete my registration after days of trying. However, when I got to the booking appointment page, no appointments where available, anywhere of the hospital options listed, and no time slot was available, not this year anyway.  And Chon Buri was not even on that list of venues participating.

Why I am not surprised. Organizing a <deleted>-up in a brewery springs to mind

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Scott Tracy said:

And these countries are...?

Pushing with full gas...? 8.45 doses per 100 people. Gibraltar, 230 doses per 100 people, UK, 102.74 doses per 100 people, US, 91.4 doses per 100 people, Cambodia, 30.67, Bhutan, 62.56...

https://ourworldindata.org/covid-vaccinations

Full gas, my aspadistra.

So you mentioned one European countries, where half the population aren't vaccinated....what about the other 43 where the vast majority aren't and never will be the way things are going?

9 hours ago, samtam said:

I haven't been able to get to a hospital choice because the "registration" keeps telling me it is incomplete. When I go back to edit/check details, the system has "dropped" 5 items:

1) Nationality

2) Province

3) District

4) Sub-district

5) Organisation

repeatedly. When I try and re-register it tells me I'm already registered. So I'm both registered and my registration is incomplete. Ergo, I cannot to proceed to make a booking....at any hospital in Bangkok, or choose vax, or choose date, or choose time.

The issue is the information keyed in is not being retained. I have tried Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and yesterday until it closed at 3.00 pm. In between all that time it has had tweaks, so the "faults" vary.

"ditto"

1 minute ago, keithcresswell said:

I see that Bangkok Pattaya hospital has been removed from the list. So now solely hospitals in Bangkok "available". Hopefully this will change on the 14th.

Hopefully is the word. They haven't promised any kind of specific timelines for details like that.

10 hours ago, Naturesway said:

In Europe some countries totally stopped vaccination plan because too many suffering of symptoms and death was resulting and THAIland just keep pushing it with full gas. It’s unbelievable how much they always delaying in any kind of understanding 

Antivaxxer logic is kinda like saying you would prefer to swim across a crocodile infested river instead of taking the bridge, because you are afraid the bridge will collapse.

Edited by shdmn
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, keithcresswell said:

I see that Bangkok Pattaya hospital has been removed from the list. So now solely hospitals in Bangkok "available". Hopefully this will change on the 14th.

I spoke to Bangkok Pattaya hospital this afternoon, the Mrs has been badgering me although I had already told her that no hospitals in our area have any vaccine for foreigners, up shot from the conversation I had is this: They have no vaccine's, they do not take names & add you to a list & she seemed confused as to why they were included on the Intervac site, read into that whatever you want - Unless you know different.

For future reference this info was added at Appx 20.45 hrs 11/6/2021.

Edited by Golden Triangle
Extra info
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

I spoke to Bangkok Pattaya hospital this afternoon, the Mrs has been badgering me although I had already told her that no hospitals in our area have any vaccine for foreigners, up shot from the conversation I had is this: They have no vaccine's, they do not take names & add you to a list & she seemed confused as to why they were included on the Intervac site, read into that whatever you want - Unless you know different.

Frankly the way this has been going I would have been surprised if you had discovered differently.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, internationalism said:

another joke or just fake news?

the idea of online registration is availability 24h, not just for 4h. Traffic might crush their website, slow down, cause mistakes.

Their website was not functioning for the last few days with "database is being upgraded, come back later" 

They need an outside professional IT company to make these apps.  There terrible and look and work (usually not) by a bunch of drunken sailors.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Frankly the way this has been going I would have been surprised if you had discovered differently.

Well I thought I ought to add my experience into the mix just for balanced journalism ????????????????

1 hour ago, Golden Triangle said:

Unless you know different.

Yes she maybe confused (probably not the only one), but for the last few days BPH has been deleted from the list. So it is NOT included on the Intervac site at this time.

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, Naturesway said:

My company is pushing me to get vaccine.

38 minutes ago, couchpotato said:

Unless you know different.

Yes she maybe confused (probably not the only one), but for the last few days BPH has been deleted from the list. So it is NOT included on the Intervac site at this time.

Yeah I saw that, but according to what I read earlier the list is due to be expanded by Monday and covering more provinces, not just BKK & Chonburi, so maybe they had to remove before some downtime to add in more places, clutching at straws yes ????????????????

20 minutes ago, Liebemein said:

My company is pushing me to get vaccine.

Don't take any notice of the i**t you responded to, the guys a b*****n, if you want to keep your job and possibly your life do what is right ????????

2 hours ago, pixelaoffy said:

And after what we were told about not possible to send vaccines to US and UK citizens in Thailand the French are getting Screenshot_2021-06-11-15-02-09-143_com.twitter.android.thumb.jpg.dbcd70952abb4793119b69fd9a4f038b.jpgafter a meeting with that friend of foreigners Anutin 

Bummer if your a 44 yrs old French National. What's with the age cut-off?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rbkk said:

Bummer if your a 44 yrs old French National. What's with the age cut-off?

Apparently you're young enough & fit enough to fight off any infection, well that's what some people on here would have us believe. ????

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

Apparently you're young enough & fit enough to fight off any infection, well that's what some people on here would have us believe. ????

Anutin could make this Thai policy on Monday and the vaccine shortage would vanish. 45 years old age cut-off. Well I never. Yup, things still baffle me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, connda said:

The Mrs and I were offered the shots at the local hospital without prior registration and respectfully turned them down with a smile.  (We have a great bunch of folks at the hospital!)
I'll reconsider the vaccines in 2025 when there is at least five years of research data on the efficacy and safety of the vaccines.  I don't care what the marketing from the government, media, and Big Pharma says, there are no long-term longitudinal human studies of any of the vaccines being used under "Emergency Use Authorization."

So it's nice not to be hampered with attempting to register for something like this in a country where software driven-database solutions seldom function correctly, especially those created expressly for foreigners.  Glad I'm in no hurry.  Perhaps by 2025 their online system will actually work and be available 24/7.  ????  Or not!

If you understood comparative risk you’d realise your chances of not being around in 2025 to see those results,or suffering from Long Covid are far greater than those of being harmed by the vaccine. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, ezzra said:

One think i can say in their favor, if they don't give you the actual vaccine at least the give you hope and hope as we all know  springs eternal that you just might get it one day...

Registration site open for just 4 hours per day.... what's that all about?