Thai Prime Minister announces on social media easing of some Bangkok Covid-19 restrictions, states Phuket Sandbox will move forward on July 1st

Jonathan Fairfield

4 hours ago, Albert Zweistein said:

Nearly all the places where I dine have foreign owners, Swedish, Norwegian, Dutch, Italian, French, Israelian and Uzbekistan and they serve very tasty Thai food.

Whatever.

Sure some tourists want to dine at places operated by foreigners, many don't and would be looking for cheaper meals, and looking for 'authentic' local food, very probably operated by Thais.

Many tourists are single and want girls, my guess (repeat guess) is that the majority of these venues are operated by Thais. 

Many tourists want day trips/sight seeing trips, seems to me that many of these would be operated by Thai owners.

We really wanted to come and visit family following a family bereavement a few months ago and thought we could live with 7 days in Phuket, the change to 14 days has now meant we will not be able to go and viait the family which is a real shame. Hope it changes by the 1st August which is when we both have a couple weeks off work.

Out of interest, can you still buy alcohol at the 7/11?

16 hours ago, scorecard said:

Whatever.

Sure some tourists want to dine at places operated by foreigners, many don't and would be looking for cheaper meals, and looking for 'authentic' local food, very probably operated by Thais.

Many tourists are single and want girls, my guess (repeat guess) is that the majority of these venues are operated by Thais. 

Many tourists want day trips/sight seeing trips, seems to me that many of these would be operated by Thai owners.

Operated by Thai owners yes but the staff/crew is quite often Birmese. Even the guys on the beach trying to sell parasailing/waterscooters are Birmese. People on the market selling clothes/shoes and so on; Birma/Bangkadesh/Nepal Just ask next time. The reason ? CHEAPER.

On 6/13/2021 at 6:59 AM, Surelynot said:

Now.....is a foot massage just the feet....or does it allow massage up to and including the knee?.......Is there any one watching to stop it venturing beyond the knee?

Happy ending foot massage.

• Haha 1

On 6/13/2021 at 1:11 PM, AnnieSeek said:

Good news and bad news.

Good things opening up, especially the nonsensical choice to close down parks. 

Bad news - infections will definately creep up. 

Just a warning if i'm in a park, and some jogger dares runs past me without a mask in heavy exhale pespiration emitting from their mouths i will explode. 

You're a bomb?

12 hours ago, dade7812 said:

The west may have greater cases, but they have weathered it out and not destroyed their economies.  Thailand will never recover from this...  Going to Greece where people are welcomed that are fully vaccinated and have no restrictions..

The UK have had the worst economic recession amongst all the major economies, and it's debt has grown massively. It's also had one of the worst health outcomes in the world. 

Calm down and take yourself to Greece. 

On 6/14/2021 at 12:27 PM, Puccini said:

We shall have to wait for the publication of the new rules, in Thai language, to see if the Thai words used for foot massage allow an interpretation as "massage with the feet"

And whether a facemask is the only obligatory apparel?