Smileys

pazza

You probably pressed the Esc key. To reanimate your smileys -- and animated avatars, reload the webpage (click on the "Refresh"button or on your keypboard press F5).

--------------

Maestro

Can also check your internet options. For IE: Tools> internet options> Advanced> Multimedia >Play animations in web pages (make sure this is ticked). Apply and close.

If you are using another browser i wouldnt know the settings, but should be somewhat similar.

Thanks guys but no joy i'm afraid, I also turned IE: off and my PC but :D he's still not nodding :o and they (like me) are not dancing.

BTW I have tried TV in Mozzilla firefox with the same results.

Steve :D

have you recently installed any programmes/made changes? Things such as Photo editors and firewalls can change display functions, so if you have made any changes recently, that could be the culprit.

Edited by eek

have you recently installed any programmes/made changes? Things such as Photo editors and firewalls can change display functions, so if you have made any changes recently, that could be the culprit.

Hi guys,

I have only installed Adobe reader 8 and Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition 3.0

Do you think it could be one of them and if so would uninstalling them give me back my smileys.

My email notification seems to have packed up, and, my copy and cut (paste ok) in the write post box seems to have disappeared

Steve :o

I installed the latest Adobe reader and all sorts of odd (seemingly unrelated, such as crappy video playback and busted Bluetooth comms) things started happening, un-installing it made things ok again so it's worth a try.

The newly installed programmes definately could be causing you those issues. I suggest uninstalling and checking.

Another option is to roll it back with System Restore to when it was working.

A little off topic I guess but why is the :D not on the short list, whereas the :o is?

It does strike me as odd, when people use the Japanese emoticon when they really want the Thai one.

Regards

seconded

Well guys, I uninstalled adobe reader etc and still nothing, I have tried yahoo messenger and they still work on that (I don't know if there is any relationship between smileys (other than the usual smiley stuff) in other programs ???.

Not a slow connection either, although TV was running slow for a few days about 2 weeks ago.

Anything else I can try (I need my smileys). :D

Thanks guys.

Steve :o (btw I used to use the wai smiley but at the moment, as there not working its not worth the effort of looking for them). :D

A little off topic I guess but why is the :D not on the short list, whereas the :D is?

It does strike me as odd, when people use the Japanese emoticon when they really want the Thai one.

Regards

seconded

Hi

Thirded :o if there is such a word?

How many do we need to get it changed?

TBWG :D

Are you using Internet Explorer? Have you tried with FireFox?

Hi George,

Yes tried firefox with the same results, like I said my smileys work in yahoo messenger, so it may be something I have done on TV but I don't know what.

I hope one of the boffins on here can help. :o:D:D:D;) Are these working ??? (not for me their not)

Steve :bah::bah::o

I think the rest of us are seeing them as normal (ie: animated)

Maybe a setting in the O.P's Profile Settings?? (Thaivisa profile)

Edited by kayo

Do you experience the same problem while using the forum from an internet cafe or other location/computer?

No, I have tried TV on my friends computer and the smileys are animated

I think the rest of us are seeing them as normal (ie: animated)

Maybe a setting in the O.P's Profile Settings?? (Thaivisa profile)

I have looked at various settings in My Control panel turned things on and off (or off and on), refreshed the screen etc (I must be missing a setting somewhere) all with the same result.

Don't give up guys I feel we are almost there, and I will be so grateful when I get my smileys back.

Thanks for the help (up to now).

Steve :D:o:D

Have you rebooted your PC at all since this started? Yes, often, sometimes I just close IE and sometimes the PC.
We need an answer to this question in order to help you out: Thanks for not giving up, I must have changed a setting somewhere, I have tried many things and I bet in the end it will be something obvious.
Do you experience the same problem while using the forum from an internet cafe or other location/computer?

Thanks again guys :o