Immigration charging twice when extending 1 year visa

13 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

Another clue. It is something a girl can give to you or give to you after fornication. Not plural, make singular and add an I. 

Have I stumbled onto a thread where pussyfooting around a place name is the norm?

Is this not a forum where anonymity is protected?

On 6/13/2021 at 9:55 PM, ArranP said:

I am afraid to state names in an open forum. But I can say that in my previous province Phuket I was only ever charged the fee one time per visa, and if I recall correctly I was given a receipt.

For me CW in Bangkok three years running and only pay once and always given a receipt ????

20 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Have I stumbled onto a thread where pussyfooting around a place name is the norm?

Is this not a forum where anonymity is protected?

Ok. Not sure but let's guess to get closer but missing an i at the end. It is the name of the restaurant in Sponge Bob's cartoon. The Krusty  _ _ _ _ ? And to be on the safer side we can only say that this cannot be officially confirmed as true or not true as there is no evidence to back it up. IP's are not protected, and it is sort of fun to Beat around the Plankton.

So like in the show Dragnet: Only the names have been changed to protect the innocent.

33 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

When I go to pick up my extension they don't even ask for the receipt, after all they have a copy.

Payment on collection will never happen, unless it's for another 'service' or a scam.

You are paying for the application to be processed, no payment no process.

And no refund whatever the outcome.

• Like 1

On 6/13/2021 at 10:06 PM, ArranP said:

I think I have missed my chance this year as I already handed over the money and walked away with no receipt so no way I have to proove it.

I will have to wait until next year and ask what I am paying for exactly and ask for a receipt, it is then up to them if they then hold it against me and make it difficult for me to get my visa...

If you are so scared of Thai Immigration, why not just use an agent?  Oh! Wait! ???? ????

17 hours ago, Baricello said:

Similar, I was asked Bht3000 for my last 60 Covid Extension because I didn't have an Embassy letter, which was not mandatory, I had only Bht2500 which was accepted, no Receipt. I go again next Tuesday to renew, it will be interesting!

Be careful now, you don't want to get in the IOs bad books. ???? ????

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, kynikoi said:

If they really wanted the money and weren't simply taking advantage of a rube then they would have demanded it the second time and shrugged if he didn't produce the money.

You want the extension or not?

I think we've all been there at least once or twice.

"I think we've all been there at least once or twice." I haven't. ????

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, khunPer said:

Looks then like it's only been paid one time, perhaps the other money was for tea-money for VIP-service...????

and just who is the VIP? ???? The only VIPs in your life is you, your wife/GF, and your family, not some jumped up IO.

11 hours ago, daveAustin said:

Yes to this, but when you go this route, never raise your voice, smile a lot and avoid making anyone lose face. 

Change that to never raise your voice any more than the IO has, let him/her know that they don't scare you.

1 hour ago, brianthainess said:

There is no legal charge for home visits. Those that pay are being scammed, and those that give tips, gifts etc are just part of the problem.

They do not pay for fuel or anything else. I was once told we pay ferry 500b to come, I replied you wanted to come, I didn't invite you. end of. never been refused an extension yet. best they get from me is a bottle of water. On picking up the extension we may give some veggies or fruit from our garden to the helpful lady's in the office.

I would never pay for a home visit. I am not requesting it. They are requiring it. To ask us to pay for red tape, would be like taxing an Alaskan fisherman for the salmon he catches. Just say no! Do Nancy proud. 

On 6/13/2021 at 9:55 PM, ArranP said:

I am afraid to state names in an open forum. But I can say that in my previous province Phuket I was only ever charged the fee one time per visa, and if I recall correctly I was given a receipt.

Time to join the "scared of your own shadow" brigade.

On 6/13/2021 at 11:35 PM, DrJack54 said:

Bit strange the OP wasn't given a receipt for the 1900 on day of application. Yes always ask for one. 

As for the 'second time'..…you don't pay any money on second time, you just get a stamp that's it.

OP seems relaxed to let it go and now knows what to expect next time.

No prove, he has a passport with a stamp from the first visit (prove he was there) , up to the immigration to find a copy of that receipt. He has a receipt of the second visit, check the date, I bet is is the same one as the first visit, if not, you have your prove. Some people mentioned that there is a phone number were you can file for complaints. NO compassion for scumbags.

56 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

"I think we've all been there at least once or twice." I haven't. ????

You've never had a Thai give you a take it or leave it proposition with a shrug?? Must not get out much.

2 hours ago, Henryford said:

Why did it take a month to pick up your "visa". Usually i pay the 1900 on application and get my updated passport, and receipt, the next day.

Assume it was a marriage extension, if so what was his Mrs doing? mine would have ripped him to pieces and let the whole office know what was going on.

3 hours ago, Henryford said:

Why did it take a month to pick up your "visa". Usually i pay the 1900 on application and get my updated passport, and receipt, the next day.

Are you also using Krabi Immigration? The same immigration office that the OP uses?

22 minutes ago, clivebaxter said:

Assume it was a marriage extension, if so what was his Mrs doing? mine would have ripped him to pieces and let the whole office know what was going on.

It wasn't but thanks for telling us about your wife anyway.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, clivebaxter said:

Is she hi-so Chinese Thai?