Video: Here one moment gone the next, final video before BMW hits Swift causing three deaths

webfact

3pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

A video posted by Thai Rath showed the happy times of a group of three people in a BMW Z4 going though mist covered hills in light rain on Sunday. 

A lady in the car is providing a running commentary of the "lovely weather" and "beautiful view" as the BMW continues its open top journey. 

But then tragedy struck. The following pictures are of the aftermath of a collision between the expensive car that hit the cheaper one on the other side of the road after the driver of the BMW apparently lost control. 

These facts were contained in a Daily News report that stated both cars had Bangkok plates and collided on the Suraburi to Lomsak Road in Phetchabun province, north central Thailand. 

Dead in the Swift were 29 year old Wannakan and Korakot, 31.

Dead in the BMW was a 50 year old computer programmer called Suraphak. An 18 year old woman was injured. 

The media said the final video taken from the BMW caused much "drama" in comments online on Thai social media yesterday. 

logo.thumb.jpg.58700f12f9218149b3e2f82126b72e4d.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-06-14

• Sad 5

6 minutes ago, kotsak said:

Happy times of a group of three people in a two-seat car.. Surprised?

Just the young mum with a daughter Annee by the sound of it and driver in the bimmer I believe. Tragic story as the raw footage of the aftermath and build up story of the mobile phone footage........makes it real for anyone who watches it's entirity and one almost connects with the couple , almost movie like,..........very sad indeed...............

• Like 1

He didn't seem to be driving all that fast, just driving badly.

16 minutes ago, toofarnorth said:

Fancy car , rain , Thai driving , nothing new here.  Why the hood is not up in the rain , I can only think the driver was not aware of the rain.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, bojo said:

Just the young mum with a daughter Annee by the sound of it and driver in the bimmer I believe.

Not sure where you're getting that from? Two women died in the Swift (29 and 31 year old) and the 50 year old male BMW driver. His 18 year old ... companion ... that survived is not related to the other parties involved.

34 minutes ago, bojo said:

Happy times of a group of three people in a two-seat car.. Surprised?

3 minutes ago, Salerno said:

Not sure where you're getting that from? Two women died in the Swift (29 and 31 year old) and the 50 year old male BMW driver. His 18 year old ... companion ... that survived is not related to the other parties involved.

I'm referring to the video that shows there are just two people in the bimmer, not three in a 2 seater....

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, bojo said:

I'm referring to the video that shows there are just two people in the bimmer, not three in a 2 seater....

I know you are, and still not sure where the "mother and daughter" comes from.

Just now, Salerno said:

I know you are, and still not sure where the "mother and daughter" comes from.

Gotcha, referring to the conversation they were having in the car prior to accident..........

Wealthy people must crash their cars at a higher rate than average drivers. There are just too many of these stories. Put these drivers that cause accidents in jail for at least a year and make them pay pay pay.

Edited by TooBigToFit
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

There's a six and a half minute report on the accident with video on 

THAI TODAY NEWS YouTube channel if anyone's interested.  Concludes with dashcam footage of another motorist pulling up on the scene of the accident on the other side of the road.

1 hour ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

Years  ago after first hearing Thai women speak I  thought I was  listening a  5  year  old,  my  opinion hasnt  changed, it's  an awful  sound, no as  awful as the stupid dramatic  music  and then the oh so sad  music, struth, its  just  a  show for them.

I think you were listening to a young woman who was perhaps driving into the mountains for the first time and was overflowing with girlish excitement, maybe even overdoing it a bit in an effort to reassure her traveling companion that she was having a good time on their outing. Doesn't sound like her voice was your cup of tea (and maybe not mine either), but I'm sure there are plenty of Thai guys who find it endearing, maybe even a turn on. My complaint was with the non-stop 'OMG Look at that!' commentary that demanded the driver take his eyes off the road, and the fact that she was blocking the side view mirror with her i-phone/pad.

The music on the video was added to underscore the tragic and sudden loss of life, not to enhance entertainment value. It might seen overly melodramatic to some Westerners but it was done with a Thai audience in mind. Not trying to play Mr. Culturally Sensitive here, but it doesn't seem like this is the time or place to be making broad stroke negative comments about Thais and Thai culture.

• Like 1

RIP.

Everybody who drives in Thailand knows they putting their lives at risk every time you get on the road. It does not matter how good of a driver you are; if you lose concentration or get distracted for a second, it could be the end of you. I have not driven in every country; but I have driven in my fair share of Middle Easter, South American and Asian Countries; and Thailand is by far the most dangerous; a combination of Bad Drivers who don't care about Right-of-Way and only care about Me First. Terrible Road Contraction; they seems to have no clue on how to build safe roads; and Law enforcement that is inly interested in shaking people down.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, webfact said:

The media said the final video taken from the BMW caused much "drama" in comments online on Thai social media yesterday. 

The "drama" BTW is the survivor is an 18 year old pretty (along the lines of the late Lalabelle, Wawa, etc.) who is heard saying 'faster, faster, this is so fun' (in Thai) in her TikTok clip before the accident.   There is implied blame that sugar daddy complied.    Legally though, IMO it's still 100% sugar daddy's fault.     

Edited by Heng
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, exparte said:

RIP.

Everybody who drives in Thailand knows they putting their lives at risk every time you get on the road. It does not matter how good of a driver you are; if you lose concentration or get distracted for a second, it could be the end of you. I have not driven in every country; but I have driven in my fair share of Middle Easter, South American and Asian Countries; and Thailand is by far the most dangerous; a combination of Bad Drivers who don't care about Right-of-Way and only care about Me First. Terrible Road Contraction; they seems to have no clue on how to build safe roads; and Law enforcement that is inly interested in shaking people down.

Some people also think they're putting their lives at risk by stepping outside their residence in these Covid times!   Driving standards in Thailand are dreadful, but to imply that no one should drive here at all is taking caution to a ridiculous level!

• Like 2