Pit bull attacks three year old - child has to go and live with gran as parents demand dog's removal

webfact

12 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Nope... thats not what I have written or implied.....   

Oh, I knew that, you and I see differently, for me, roads are not for kids regardless if supervised, for you, roads are for kids.

Should I ask if cars, bikes, or trucks should double park, I already know your answer, no, but kids should be able to play on the road as long as they are supervised, makes complete sense, not !

10 hours ago, Tropposurfer said:

One breed that should not be bred except for specific guard duty type jobs or some such. Not! for sale to general public. American pitbulls have killed and maimed people in my home country and every year this breed is reported to have attacked yet another innocent non-threatening person. These killing breeds e.g. rottweilers, ridgebacks etc should be banned! Any dog for that matter that bites or menaces people or other dogs should be put down with the needle (this included of course the tens of thousands of agro crazy wild-soi dogs that bite and d menace people every day).

You know, about 30-50 people get killed by dogs in the US each year, but 10000 get killed by drunk drivers! Let’s ban all drivers because they’re a menace to society! 

5 minutes ago, Excel said:

Agreed. To keep or condone the keeping of these killer dogs is shear lunacy and people who do appear to have a screw loose.

Wrong! You opinion is prejudiced lunacy and it’s people like you who have a screw lose! Educate yourself on the subject matter and then come back with an educated reply. Hint, how many pitbulls are kept for example in the US and how many of those dogs have killed someone? Then do a simple calculation to find out the percentage and be amazed! 

Newsflash, the most dangerous animal that kills far more people than any other animal on the planet is homo sapiens! 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, pacovl46 said:

Mate, how about you read up on the breed and then come back because you clearly know only stereotypes about this breed! No responsible breeder has ever bred pitbulls to be aggressive towards humans, even back in the dog fighting days they weren’t bred to be aggressive towards humans. As a matter of fact, any fighting dog that attacked a referee in the pit was banned for life and therefore useless to the owner and they usually shot them immediately afterwards. 

There are no bad dogs only bad owners. , but except for the little rascals I  saw a pit bull anywhere except my neighbors had one when I was a little kid. I was told, by my friends father  to never go inter yard alone it was kept as a guard-dog.  Now in the US go out half the dogs you see are pitbulls probably because they make up a lot of the rescue dogs. And yes, I see some display aggression in public, on many occasions most recently in my condo foyer, owned by some woman it tried to go for a tiny dog that would have been killed! Lawless thugs, about 30 percent of the population here want a dog that represents their perceived self-image. (Some) breeders ARE breeding and training aggression into dogs because that is what these people want, to go out with the look of I am tough and so is my dangerous dog on a heavy chain with a spiked collar. Seen similar looking in Thailand.

So the answer is not ban breeds, hold owners to account. I think people who allow dogs to get out and maul a child should be put in a cell and have a police dog sicced on them! There are no bad dogs only bad owners.

Edited by Captain Monday
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, pacovl46 said:

Wrong! You opinion is prejudiced lunacy and it’s people like you who have a screw lose! Educate yourself on the subject matter and then come back with an educated reply. Hint, how many pitbulls are kept for example in the US and how many of those dogs have killed someone? Then do a simple calculation to find out the percentage and be amazed! 

Newsflash, the most dangerous animal that kills far more people than any other animal on the planet is homo sapiens! 

I wrote "o as Thailand's law enforcement is next to zero, then if there is a threat to life and limb then the only safe option is to remove that threat. Simple put all those killer dogs down now immediately.  RTP could offer say a reward for neighbours to report people keeping these beasts so that they can be taken away and put down and the people who had them prosecuted for keeping a dangerous animal."

Based on the level of your response in reply to that I think you satisfactorily illustrated to all readers the veracity of my statement. Still there will always be people who are in denial I suppose, its just a shame that those people are never the ones who are maimed and killed by those killer dogs they purport to love, but I do believe in Karma.

8 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"...for failing to watch their kid in a secure environment".

People cannot be fined for "offences" that you just made up.

Maybe not here, but in Oz they do, e.g. smoking in a vehicle with kids, now that is not a secure environment is it ?

• Like 1

Took on an American pitbull when it's owner could no longer look after it. It hadn't been mistreated and was very friendy now almost four years later it loves everyone it meets. Some people are afraid and cross the street to avoid us and I can see the dog is puzzled and confused by this. The dog goes to meet the owners of the houses who talk to him.  The children know him and are unafraid and pet him. He loves them which is just as well as he has grown up with my daughter. Sure he plays rough and you get knocked around a bit, but he's just big and strong and it's all fun.

It's all about how the dog is brought up whatever the breed, treat them mean then they will be, give them love affection they give it back.

Used to have a cat which used to lay hidden on a step. One day I trod on it and it ripped my foot to pieces hurt for days. Dog did the same and I trod on his back legs, he yelped in pain and limped off unhappily.  You have to treat your dog well.   A mean dog should not be out on the street however big or small it is.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, DefaultName said:

I don't believe that breed is more aggressive than any other.

These types of incidents and threads really bring out the most stupid of posts!

Edited by jacko45k
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Why not...   many laws and regulations in Thailand are the same as those in other nations. 

If Thailand wishes to control such events it would do very well to pay attention to what has successfully worked in other countries and do the same here. 

Of course, the significant difference here is Thailands love affair with apathy when it comes to enforcement of laws. 

The word "if " and "apathy " will prevent any changes. 

On 6/16/2021 at 9:18 AM, Megasin1 said:

Are you sure you are feeling ok ? A very strange comment indeed!! Perhaps a cage for the little girl too ?? 

Im ok, thnx for asking.

it is possible to react on this in various ways. I choose this one, instead of wining about dogs.

As parent you have full obligation to take care of your child, anytime anywhere.

As for an example, about 40 kids in USA every year, die in a car, as parents "forget" them. 

You cant what probably is now today very important , watch your phone all the time for incoming messages.

Being a parent you should really, especially kids in young age, be pro active for all situations.

You cant just let them be on their own. 

On 6/16/2021 at 10:23 AM, Excel said:

Yet another one. About time all these animals are put down and the irresponsible owners who are protecting these dangerous animals put behind bars as they are just as guilty as the animal 

Another one that knows nothing. The dog in the picture is of bulldog breed. Nothing like a Pitbull. This is a Pitbull.

IMG_20210317_174719.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Another one that knows nothing. The dog in the picture is of bulldog breed. Nothing like a Pitbull. This is a Pitbull.

IMG_20210317_174719.jpg

Well guess you should report it to the original media outlet that you are an expert in dog breeds ????

• Confused 2

48 minutes ago, Excel said:

Well guess you should report it to the original media outlet that you are an expert in dog breeds ????

Also lizards. The lizard the Pitbull is poking her tongue out at is a 'Butterfly Lizard'.     ????

• Like 1

8 hours ago, LittleBear57 said:

Took on an American pitbull when it's owner could no longer look after it. It hadn't been mistreated and was very friendy now almost four years later it loves everyone it meets. Some people are afraid and cross the street to avoid us and I can see the dog is puzzled and confused by this. The dog goes to meet the owners of the houses who talk to him.  The children know him and are unafraid and pet him. He loves them which is just as well as he has grown up with my daughter. Sure he plays rough and you get knocked around a bit, but he's just big and strong and it's all fun.

It's all about how the dog is brought up whatever the breed, treat them mean then they will be, give them love affection they give it back.

Used to have a cat which used to lay hidden on a step. One day I trod on it and it ripped my foot to pieces hurt for days. Dog did the same and I trod on his back legs, he yelped in pain and limped off unhappily.  You have to treat your dog well.   A mean dog should not be out on the street however big or small it is.

A cat ripped your foot to pieces ??? exaggerate much ???

Simple question:

Would you allow a strangers 5 year old child to be alone in a room with your American Pitbull for 30mins ????? 

Could not be bothered going through all the hate comments but this is not a pitbul but a bully and sorry to say but you let your child play outside on the road where there are cars and bikes while you in the house and call yourself a responsible parent?

20 minutes ago, BestB said:

Could not be bothered going through all the hate comments but this is not a pitbul but a bully and sorry to say but you let your child play outside on the road where there are cars and bikes while you in the house and call yourself a responsible parent?

Well perhaps you should go through the ‘hate comments’ because they are mostly accurate. 

Whatever breed of dog is it, a dog was free to attack a child. 

You are also wrong, the parents are not irresponsible. The child is not playing outside without supervision - The mother was close by.

Many residential streets are perfectly safe for children to play on.

It was the dog owner who is the ONLY unesponsible party allowing their aggressive dog to get out and and attack a child. 

Screenshot 2021-06-17 at 18.40.30.png

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

Simple question:

Would you allow a strangers 5 year old child to be alone in a room with your American Pitbull for 30mins ????? 

Never leave a child, whatever age, alone with any dog. All animals bite. A couple of myths associated to Pitbull's.

One notorious breed known for its violent tendencies is the Pitbull. Among having razor sharp teeth and a jaw that locks once it sinks into a target,

A Pitbull's teeth are no sharper than any other breed.

A Pitbull's jaw does not lock when it bites.

A Pitbull’s Jaws DOES NOT Lock

Don’t believe the myth: pitbull jaws do not lock when they bite. They are a breed that is known for stubbornness and this affects everything they do. In fact no breed of dog has any mechanism in their mouths that allows them to lock their jaws.

https://nedhardy.com/2020/04/20/pitbulls-lock-jaw/

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

You know no matter how one tries, unless someone wants to see reason or examples, it really becomes pointless.

We have examples - a girl was bitten by a dog in front of her house. Its not the first time. 

12 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

You must have been an Electrical Engineer or something like that, as they lack common sense from my experience. 

erm....    that comment is just well out there with the random, the odd and the very strange... 

Amazing how many people seem to blame the victim on this forum. Dogs are dangerous animals no matter what their breed. They can be totally unpredictable even with training, they are not human beings, their instincts and sense is not the same as a human they have no 'moral sense' and will not hesitate to attack children or other small animals if encouraged or if they merely feel like it it is part of their pack instinct. Those who 'love their dogs' seem to be willing to overlook this FACT. Children have the right to play outside their homes in this case the mother was monitoring the child riding a bike on a quiet street.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, RobU said:

Children have the right to play outside their homes in this case the mother was monitoring the child riding a bike on a quiet street.

And I have a right to cycle 20km every other day without being attacked at least 5 times by soi dogs on that journey, but that 'right' ain't gonna happen. This is Thailand and they don't give a <deleted> if their dogs attack whoever.

Edit: Dogs in Thailand, first and foremost, are there to protect their owners property. They're walking burglar alarms and whatever/whoever comes into the boundary of their owner it is gonna get attacked. It's just doing it's job.

Edited by IvorBiggun2