Pit bull attacks three year old - child has to go and live with gran as parents demand dog's removal

webfact

3 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Well perhaps you should go through the ‘hate comments’ because they are mostly accurate. 

Whatever breed of dog is it, a dog was free to attack a child. 

You are also wrong, the parents are not irresponsible. The child is not playing outside without supervision - The mother was close by.

Many residential streets are perfectly safe for children to play on.

It was the dog owner who is the ONLY unesponsible party allowing their aggressive dog to get out and and attack a child. 

Screenshot 2021-06-17 at 18.40.30.png

Child is out side on the road, where there are cars and bikes and whatever else. Mother being nearby irrelevant, as mother should have been with the child on the road, not nearby. Child was not on private enclosed property but out on the  street, public street, street where cars drive and drive fast, Being outside her house also is irrelevant and does not make public street with cars on it any safer.

Would you also be saying but mother was near by if house was on the main road and child was outside? i bet you would not. Less or more danger, remains a danger and all it takes is  second for a car or a bike to fly by.

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, Gandtee said:

First. I am not diminishing or making light of the child being attacked by the dog. I hope she heals well without scars, physically and mentally. In answer to some of the hysterical, ill informed comments here it generally comes down to bad dog owners. My daughter has had two English Bull Terriers over the years and never had  problem with them attacking anyone or anything. The one in the photo was a rescued dog which had been kept in a small cage for over a year. Because of the good treatment and training its received from my daughter and family it's a quiet lovable animal. In fact he's so good that likes to don a sheep skin and pretend he's a sheep dog. He gambols among the flock and gently persuades them to follow him home. Yes it is inane nonsense. Much the same as many of the comments I've read on this  subject.

thumbnail_IMG_5661Merc.jpg

I think you dog needs therapy, he is confused and does not know if he is a dog or a sheep ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Never leave a child, whatever age, alone with any dog. All animals bite. A couple of myths associated to Pitbull's.

A Pitbull's teeth are no sharper than any other breed.

A Pitbull's jaw does not lock when it bites.

https://nedhardy.com/2020/04/20/pitbulls-lock-jaw/

Indeed, idiotic myth that pitbul jaw locks, it does not . But pitbul bite is by far more sever than say a lab, because pitbul is a very strong dog, pure pitbul would be around 30 kg with big head.

Another reason for big damage is the way dog bites, some breeds bite and let go, pitbul does not, Pitbul bites and rips bitten piece out, hence the myth of locked jaw.

Saying that, dog in OP is NOT  pitbul of any kind, but a bully or a bulldog, the short nose and under bite is NOT pitbul spec but bulldog or bully spec, what it also means is that their bites are not as sever as a pitbul. because not only their teeth are all farked up(lol) but also much shorter in size, feels more like a pinch.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

16 hours ago, Excel said:

I wrote "o as Thailand's law enforcement is next to zero, then if there is a threat to life and limb then the only safe option is to remove that threat. Simple put all those killer dogs down now immediately.  RTP could offer say a reward for neighbours to report people keeping these beasts so that they can be taken away and put down and the people who had them prosecuted for keeping a dangerous animal."

Based on the level of your response in reply to that I think you satisfactorily illustrated to all readers the veracity of my statement. Still there will always be people who are in denial I suppose, its just a shame that those people are never the ones who are maimed and killed by those killer dogs they purport to love, but I do believe in Karma.

Sigh! Again and for the last time, mate, blanket statements are worthless! 

16 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

There are no bad dogs only bad owners. , but except for the little rascals I  saw a pit bull anywhere except my neighbors had one when I was a little kid. I was told, by my friends father  to never go inter yard alone it was kept as a guard-dog.  Now in the US go out half the dogs you see are pitbulls probably because they make up a lot of the rescue dogs. And yes, I see some display aggression in public, on many occasions most recently in my condo foyer, owned by some woman it tried to go for a tiny dog that would have been killed! Lawless thugs, about 30 percent of the population here want a dog that represents their perceived self-image. (Some) breeders ARE breeding and training aggression into dogs because that is what these people want, to go out with the look of I am tough and so is my dangerous dog on a heavy chain with a spiked collar. Seen similar looking in Thailand.

So the answer is not ban breeds, hold owners to account. I think people who allow dogs to get out and maul a child should be put in a cell and have a police dog sicced on them! There are no bad dogs only bad owners.

I totally agree! Finally someone who gets it! In regards to the breeders, buy from a responsible breeder and not the junkyard <deleted> and you’ll get a fine dog! 

3 hours ago, BestB said:

Child is out side on the road, where there are cars and bikes and whatever else. Mother being nearby irrelevant, as mother should have been with the child on the road, not nearby. Child was not on private enclosed property but out on the  street, public street, street where cars drive and drive fast, Being outside her house also is irrelevant and does not make public street with cars on it any safer.

Would you also be saying but mother was near by if house was on the main road and child was outside? i bet you would not. Less or more danger, remains a danger and all it takes is  second for a car or a bike to fly by.

I don’t know how to respond to this post, its outrageously idiotic on so many levels. 

You also have your facts wrong: The Mother was with the child in the street. 

Everything you have written is unrelated and irrelevant.

A dog attacked a child in a public space.....   and you are blaming the parents for being in a public space because a car may drive along the residential street, at some point... 

That shows an outstanding A1 grade of really getting it wrong... 

6 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:
8 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Simple question:

Would you allow a strangers 5 year old child to be alone in a room with your American Pitbull for 30mins ????? 

Never leave a child, whatever age, alone with any dog. All animals bite. 

Agree...  

Of course, those on this thread those who are blaming the parents for the attack because they and the child are in a street with cars would completely miss that point and find a way to blame the parents for leaving their child in a situation where a dog could attack. 

Of course parental responsibility does go a long way - But a dog should never be able to get out of its ‘area’ and run up and attack a child which is less than 5 meters away from the supervision adult. 

If this outcome is considered the parents fault then a child can never step foot in front of their house again. 

I was criticised earlier for bringing intelligence into it... but really, there are some outrageously stupid arguments so far on this thread.

A unrestrained dog should not be free to run out onto the street and attack an adult, the postman, passing cyclists, motorcyclists, someone walking their leashed dog........   or a playing child.... 

There is simply no intelligent argument which can contradict that....   

Edited by richard_smith237

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

Agree...  

Of course, those on this thread those who are blaming the parents for the attack because they and the child are in a street with cars would completely miss that point and find a way to blame the parents for leaving their child in a situation where a dog could attack. 

Of course parental responsibility does go a long way - But a dog should never be able to get out of its ‘area’ and run up and attack a child which is less than 5 meters away from the supervision adult. 

If this outcome is considered the parents fault then a child can never step foot in front of their house again. 

I was criticised earlier for bringing intelligence into it... but really, there are some outrageously stupid arguments so far on this thread.

A unrestrained dog should not be free to run out onto the street and attack an adult, the postman, passing cyclists, motorcyclists, someone walking their leashed dog........   or a playing child.... 

There is simply no intelligent argument which can contradict that....   

Agree...  

And for those on this thread that haven't got a clue what the breed of dog is (which has been stated in previous posts). Just a bit of clickbait  by the numpty that's translated it.

Edited by roo860
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, roo860 said:

And for those on this thread that haven't got a clue what the breed of dog is (which has been stated in previous posts). Just a bit of clickbait  by the numpty that's translated it.

Most if not all news these days is nothing more than sensationalism which triggers a click of an index finger and fevered response....  

‘Dog-attack.... Pit Bull....  Child.... etc in the headlines is dog-whistle to those such as myself who believe no dog should be free to roam the streets.... 

The breed is less relevant than the species of animal.....  A aggressive dog attacked a child, this happens too much in many countries, but is also a common issue in Thailand. 

Beach Dog, Soi Dogs, untrained dogs, poorly restrained dogs - all a problem in Thailand, officials seem not to care and accountability is simple absent. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I don’t know how to respond to this post, its outrageously idiotic on so many levels. 

A dog attacked a child in a public space.....   and you are blaming the parents for being in a public space because a car may drive along the residential street, at some point... 

Just a min ago you stared mother was nearby , now you stating mother was with a child , speaking of idiotic yey????

• Like 1

11 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

We have examples - a girl was bitten by a dog in front of her house. Its not the first time. 

erm....    that comment is just well out there with the random, the odd and the very strange... 

So as I have been trying to say all along, i.e. that you are in denial, basically an Electrical Engineer (blind as a bad when it comes to simple intellect).

You say kids are safe on the road, especially when it's in your Moo Baan, and I say kids are not safe on the roads, regardless if it's within one's Moo Baan.

You say these experimental vaccines are safe because everyone is saying they are and I am saying they are not because the data isn't it.

So enjoy allowing your kid playing on the road within your Moo Baan and get your experimental vaccination, it is far more easier for me to say this than to argue with you because we have differences in point of views.

But do be honest, tell us that you were once an Electrical Engineer ????

Edited by 4MyEgo

Can we stop blaming the parents of the child for being irresponsible in this case?

Richard Smith kindly posted up screenshot of the incident at the moment of the attack and both parents can be seen within 10 meters of the child.

Both parents were on that dog within seconds of the attack beginning.

There are no other people in the picture, this is not a busy soi and is also a cul-de-sac.

The mother is standing between the entrance of the soi and the child, watching over her, no cars or motorcycles would have gotten past her.

The reason why the mother was a whole 10 meters away was to allow her daughter a little space, would you want your children to grow up in a sterile environment?

While some may argue that parks are the places for kids to play, it should be noted that many of these villages in Samut Prakarn are nowhere near a park, I have lived in Samut Prakarn for 23 years and I have no idea where my nearest park is.

Further to this, at the moment we are in the middle of a spike in the worse pandemic in modern history and we are urged not to congregate in public places.

I’m not going to get into the argument about whether or not certain breeds should be banned but at the end of the day this dog was not a toy poodle and the owners knew that this dog should not be allowed onto the streets unsupervised.

The owners (or owner) of the dog is responsible.

This is a tragedy for that child and her parents, it is sick to blame them for trying to be good parents.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, BestB said:

I think you dog needs therapy, he is confused and does not know if he is a dog or a sheep ????

You could be right. He doesn't bark. He misses off the rk and Ba's. Anyone calling at the door and goes Ba! Ba! Maybe the black sheep of the litter? Are we allowed to say that now????? 

• Haha 1

Just now, Gandtee said:

You could be right. He doesn't bark. He misses off the rk and Ba's. Anyone calling at the door and goes Ba! Ba! Maybe the black sheep of the litter? Are we allowed to say that now????? 

Yes I think that is ok to call him that so long as you take a knee in front of him ????

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Gandtee said:

Yeah that sounds about right. English Bull Terriers are great dogs, total nutters but in a good way.

My father grew up with one as a young child and still talked about how great it was 60 years later. My grandmother told me she used to get the dog to sit and stay next to his pram to protect him when she had to do something which involved leaving him alone for a few minutes. A lot of the bull breeds (including Staffordshire Bull Terriers and American Pitbull Terriers) are great with kids hence the nickname 'the nanny dog'.

Some manky bulldog crossed with a soi dog (and likely raised by idiots) biting a kid in the street doesn't change any of that.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, BestB said:
11 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Expand  

Just a min ago you stared mother was nearby , now you stating mother was with a child , speaking of idiotic yey????

What are you looking for here ? an excuse for the dog ?

The mother was with the child, less than 5 meters away....   nearby / with the child...  what is so hard to understand about that ?

6 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

So as I have been trying to say all along, i.e. that you are in denial, basically an Electrical Engineer (blind as a bad when it comes to simple intellect).

You say kids are safe on the road, especially when it's in your Moo Baan, and I say kids are not safe on the roads, regardless if it's within one's Moo Baan.

You say these experimental vaccines are safe because everyone is saying they are and I am saying they are not because the data isn't it.

So enjoy allowing your kid playing on the road within your Moo Baan and get your experimental vaccination, it is far more easier for me to say this than to argue with you because we have differences in point of views.

But do be honest, tell us that you were once an Electrical Engineer ????

On a topic about a dog attacking a child your arguments are now about my career, road safety and vaccine safety.... 

You’ve lost the plot... 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bert got kinky said:

Can we stop blaming the parents of the child for being irresponsible in this case?

Richard Smith kindly posted up screenshot of the incident at the moment of the attack and both parents can be seen within 10 meters of the child.

Both parents were on that dog within seconds of the attack beginning.

There are no other people in the picture, this is not a busy soi and is also a cul-de-sac.

The mother is standing between the entrance of the soi and the child, watching over her, no cars or motorcycles would have gotten past her.

The reason why the mother was a whole 10 meters away was to allow her daughter a little space, would you want your children to grow up in a sterile environment?

While some may argue that parks are the places for kids to play, it should be noted that many of these villages in Samut Prakarn are nowhere near a park, I have lived in Samut Prakarn for 23 years and I have no idea where my nearest park is.

Further to this, at the moment we are in the middle of a spike in the worse pandemic in modern history and we are urged not to congregate in public places.

I’m not going to get into the argument about whether or not certain breeds should be banned but at the end of the day this dog was not a toy poodle and the owners knew that this dog should not be allowed onto the streets unsupervised.

The owners (or owner) of the dog is responsible.

This is a tragedy for that child and her parents, it is sick to blame them for trying to be good parents.

Well written....  

I’m struggling to even begin to comprehend the mindset of the idiots blaming the parents and indicating that the child should never be there because it's a street for cars.

This discussion does highlight how some people are simply wired so differently that they could defect blame onto the victims. 

11 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

What are you looking for here ? an excuse for the dog ?

The mother was with the child, less than 5 meters away....   nearby / with the child...  what is so hard to understand about that ?

you the one making up stories and excuses as you go, i did none of a kind. I simply stated fact that parents were irresponsible leaving child on the road alone, but as it turns out for you because mother was nearby its ok to leave a child on the road with cars and bikes and all other dangers.

13 minutes ago, BestB said:

you the one making up stories and excuses as you go, i did none of a kind. I simply stated fact that parents were irresponsible leaving child on the road alone, but as it turns out for you because mother was nearby its ok to leave a child on the road with cars and bikes and all other dangers.

You may have not looked at any of the photographs or video attached with the story: 

Was the child left in the road alone ??????

The mother is in the road with the Child (5 meters away / nearby) - the dog ran out and attacked the child anyway - blaming the parents for this is utterly idiotic.

Other potential dangers as you perceive them are of little relevance, the parents discretion regarding the safety of the street in which they are playing is nothing more than a distraction to the real issue - a dog attack on a child. 

Edited by richard_smith237

57 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

You may have not looked at any of the photographs or video attached with the story: 

Was the child left in the road alone ??????

The mother is in the road with the Child (5 meters away / nearby) - the dog ran out and attacked the child anyway - blaming the parents for this is utterly idiotic.

Other potential dangers as you perceive them are of little relevance, the parents discretion regarding the safety of the street in which they are playing is nothing more than a distraction to the real issue - a dog attack on a child. 

Amazing how you can make out what smudges are, all i see is father running out from inside the house

40 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Now you are being ridiculously obstinate.....

Now you jus being pitiful, i told you what i see and watching again, i see 2 smudge doing something together and about half way through a dog comes in, which looks black or dark color to me