Thailand reports 3,129 new COVID-19 cases, 30 more deaths

webfact

2 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Ah well there goes the sandbox, washed away by another covid wave.Now what?Only pfizer, moderna and JJ vax allowed in the Sandbox version 10.791. 

But did they have the Buddha amulets ? possibly not just relied upon Allah so there you go.

5 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

It doesn’t matter - if hospital walk-in cases reach 2500+ cases a day, everyone will know that community infections are far higher.

Not everyone, some still believe the numbers.Sorry for being pedantic (ok I'm not really sorry but sometimes I lie) but to me the word "everyone" and other all inclusive words make for me easy targets for misinformation.The word everyone means everyone "nearly everyone" gets you out of gaol.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha will fly to Phuket next Friday (June 25) to check if the province is ready to welcome tourists under the sandbox scheme from July 1. #Phuket #COVID19 #ThailandNews #TheNationThailand

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40002145

Let's hope he makes an appearance on 'Aircrash investigation'  in a couple of years down the road.....fingers crossed ????, hope springs eternal etc.

How are so many still catching this?  We know for sure that covid spreads when you have a beer or glass of wine with your meal, or drink alcohol on the beach, or have a beer in a well ventilated outdoor bar and all of these activities have been outlawed.    We have also stopped people from spreading it outdoors when they go for a run by forcing them to wear a mask.   Not only this but it can no longer spread from car to car as couples/families are forced to wear masks when driving somewhere.   I am baffled by this, truly baffled.  

• Haha 1

What is the cycle threshold for current PCR testing?

Anything above >35 seems to throw out false positives like a fire hose. Add to that contamination in field-testing locations, and inexperience of staff doing this job..

I'm sure when the vaccine roll-out begins in earnest, you will see the testing cycle drop to >30.  Especially for "breakthrough" cases.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

“The comments at the plenary meeting, which began on Tuesday and continues through the week, mark a rare admission of problems by the Communist regime that has traditionally not publicly admitted to any issues within the country”

This is from an article about North Korea today. This practice sounds familiar doesn’t it.

• Like 1

COVID19 update in #Thailand on Thursday: Since 1 April 2021 178,861 people infected (+23 imported cases & +3,106 local cases) 1,461 dead +30 33,853 in care 1,313 in ICU and 376 on ventilators 4,651 discharged from care.

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1405399295533076481

Significantly, there were 1,991 hospital walk in cases. The highest figure since 27th April!!

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

COVID19 update in #Thailand on Thursday: Since 1 April 2021 178,861 people infected (+23 imported cases & +3,106 local cases) 1,461 dead +30 33,853 in care 1,313 in ICU and 376 on ventilators 4,651 discharged from care.

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1405399295533076481

Significantly, there were 1,991 hospital walk in cases. The highest figure since 27th April!!

Hospital walk-ins are the driving force behind telling them the virus is moving around, yet they seem to ignore testing retroactively out in the areas on the outside of the known infected locations.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, huangnon said:

What is the cycle threshold for current PCR testing?

Anything above >35 seems to throw out false positives like a fire hose. Add to that contamination in field-testing locations, and inexperience of staff doing this job..

I'm sure when the vaccine roll-out begins in earnest, you will see the testing cycle drop to >30.  Especially for "breakthrough" cases.

Another conspiracy troll, and the vaccine roll-out has begun in earnest yet it is a little stagnating in some locations....

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, James105 said:

How are so many still catching this?  We know for sure that covid spreads when you have a beer or glass of wine with your meal, or drink alcohol on the beach, or have a beer in a well ventilated outdoor bar and all of these activities have been outlawed.    We have also stopped people from spreading it outdoors when they go for a run by forcing them to wear a mask.   Not only this but it can no longer spread from car to car as couples/families are forced to wear masks when driving somewhere.   I am baffled by this, truly baffled.  

I've been advised to listen to the experts, but experts are people and from my experience sometimes people not only make mistakes but some people just can't be trusted even if they are the experts.

45 minutes ago, chilly07 said:

With the Indian mutation coming and no chance of vaccinating 70pc of the population why o why would anybody a) come to Thailand and b) predict full reopening?

Coming? It's already here, but as a small proportion of total infections. It hasn;t seemed to have spread as fast as in the UK, so far. 

8 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

The idiots tinkering with the official figures.................

Good and well researched article on how officials in Phuket have changed the amount of the population and the amount of those vaccinated

Officials change definition of population of Phuket, claim island 74% vaccinated

The incorrect figure has even been re-reported by national leaders, including Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha, who last Saturday posted through his official Facebook page that more than 70% of people on the island had been vaccinated.

Similar reports from other Phuket government agencies citing the redefined population of Phuket ‒ using the target number of people to be vaccinated as if it were the actual registered population of the island ‒ began circulating last week.

https://www.thephuketnews.com/officials-change-definition-of-population-of-phuket-claim-island-74-vaccinated-80369.php

How much tinkering and redefining of covid cases is also going on?

Sounds like some people are being pedantic and complaining about semantics, just my type of person.

2 minutes ago, DavisH said:

Coming? It's already here, but as a small proportion of total infections. It hasn;t seemed to have spread as fast as in the UK, so far. 

What proportion would that be?Anything specific?Any links to this claim would be nice.

3 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

I have no link for this as has come to me via gf, mind you seems often on the money.

I was going to homepro Ratchada soon and she rings (from Salon) that there has been 30 cases discovered from there.

Note I have no link for this.

Anyone aware of this. True or just fake rumour.

Don’t be surprised if nothing comes of this. Often, rumors with specific numbers are actually cumulative numbers, not new cases.

21 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Maybe they need to erect some giant phalluses around Phuket then maybe it will rain tourists!  

But will also send a visual message as to the type of people who came up with this sham scheme

• Haha 1

The daily number of new coronavirus cases in Bangkok went back up to more than 1,000 for the first time in more than a week, the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) said on Thursday.

The capital, Samut Prakan, Samut Sakhon and Chiang Rai have also reported new clusters in the past 24 hours.

The new cluster in Bangkok was found at the Naval Supply School in Bang Na which reported 37 cases so far.

This bring the number of known clusters in Bangkok up to 87.

https://www.thaienquirer.com/28680/bangkok-daily-covid-cases-back-up-over-1000/

• Like 1

Dr. Opart also said that, if the province finds more than 13 new infections per day, they might consider cancelling the “Phuket Sandbox” model.

Details of the model are yet to be finalized, pending cabinet approval next week.

Read more: https://bit.ly/3gJBMHT

• Like 1

Post-Jab Deaths Resulted from Chronic Diseases

BANGKOK, June 17 (TNA) – A director of the Department of Disease Control said 68 people died after receiving COVID-19 vaccines and it was concluded that 13 of the fatalities did not result from the vaccination but were related to chronic diseases.

Dr Chawetsan Namwat, director of a division on disease control and emergency health hazards, said that since Feb 28, 7,003,783 doses of COVID-19 vaccines have been administered.

“A team of experts from 13 areas in Thailand considered post-inoculation fatalities to find if any case was related to a vaccine.

More:

https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-719291