Thailand reports 3,129 new COVID-19 cases, 30 more deaths

webfact

2 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

The increase to 2600 community infections was predicted by the recent increase in hospital walk-in cases.

If you watch the numbers for walk-in cases,  they will provide an insight into near term infection numbers.  

This is based on the premise that the government tests contacts of positive cases, and thus can uncover clusters. They don’t test where there are no contacts. 

Yup. I can see that logic. A. cluster remains unknown for so long as all the people are asymptomatic and/or avoid going to a hospital. Once one walks in and gets tested positive, a number of other infected contacts likely get revealed.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

You are correct. A certain percent won’t go to the hospital, even if they are sick.

What you forget is that we are dealing with large numbers. So, if X% won’t go to the hospital under any condition, if reported walk-in cases double, we know that the number of community infections likely has doubled.

If walk in cases double, I think community cases have probably more than doubled because of the x% factor. That by itself might mean that a cluster goes unrevealed and that cluster will lead to more unknown infections, until, finally, someone somewhere gets sick enough to go to a hospital.

it’s all complete guesswork without proper data.

• Thanks 1

WHO Thailand give a little nudge to those in charge that is should be those at risk first:

Some people are more at risk of catching #COVID19, like health workers Other are more at risk of severe illness and death from COVID-19, like older persons and people with serious health issues This is why they should be among the first to be vaccinated:

https://twitter.com/WHOThailand/status/1405379897967611908

• Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

There seems to be a policy of "out of sight, out of mind " with anything to do with the Prisons

First up I commend yourself and other poster that you quoted. 

Sadly I think your statement quoted above pretty much sums it up

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 2

I have no link for this as has come to me via gf, mind you seems often on the money.

I was going to homepro Ratchada soon and she rings (from Salon) that there has been 30 cases discovered from there.

Note I have no link for this.

Anyone aware of this. True or just fake rumour.

7 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I have no link for this as has come to me via gf, mind you seems often on the money.

I was going to homepro Ratchada soon and she rings (from Salon) that there has been 30 cases discovered from there.

Note I have no link for this.

Anyone aware of this. True or just fake rumour.

Well I don't doubt it. I expect a large majority has had covid but only in a very mild form so hence treated it as if were a normal cold/fever/flu. Same the world over and as they were never tested then never knew, something this government is reliant upon 

Edited by Excel
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, FarFlungFalang said:

With todays case numbers it will probably push Thailand into number 78 on the worldometer list, from memory I think they reached as low as 177 so that's nearly 100 places it's risen up the loss of face list.

Yes, about right. Maybe 180....

3 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

You mean the lack of testing is the issue for the low numbers.  I do agree with that sentiment.

Indeed. Woefully lacking. What is it, 40, 50k? Needs to be at least 10x that. + no incentive. Who’s going to test with possibility of being sent to prison, um I mean hospital?

• Like 2

Thailand's Vaccine Tracker (June 17, 2021)

About 2.85 percent of the population is fully vaccinated, with 5,114,755 (+166,528) people received the first dose, while 1,889,028 (+56,439) received the second dose. #วัคซีนโควิด19 #ฉีดวัคซีน #COVID19 #Thailand #KE
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Yes, It just keeps on moving along, as well as the deaths...so how can the country open up in 120 days like the good PM said last night.  How will tourists, whose own country might keep them from coming, and if they do upon their return home they must then quarantine at home or isolate.  Of course with any statement, there may be many u-turns and flip flops with this as well.  The troubling issue is that the vaccination plan they rolled out is stumbling very badly.  We have not heard of any more production issues with the AZ vaccine, but if they are ordering more from abroad that just tells us all it is not going to pan.   Stay safe

Don't worry it's all unintelligent waffle, what would expect from an ex-military who's greatest challenge as a soldier was to complete 18 holes of golf in the allocated time. 

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

WHO Thailand give a little nudge to those in charge that is should be those at risk first:

Some people are more at risk of catching #COVID19, like health workers Other are more at risk of severe illness and death from COVID-19, like older persons and people with serious health issues This is why they should be among the first to be vaccinated:

https://twitter.com/WHOThailand/status/1405379897967611908

The problem, as you no doubt know, is that publicly the Government will say yes, yes, yes and list down the priorities that surprise, surprise, align exactly with what WHO are saying.

in reality, who you know will count for as much as whether you are a priority case, and then the gods of tourism have to be appeased with vaccine for their workers, even if young and healthy etc etc.

but publicly, Thailand announcements will make it sound like it is a role model.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

National Vaccination Rollout:

DAY 1: 416,847

DAY 2: 472,128

DAY 3: 336,674

DAY 4: 223,315

DAY 5: 308,012

DAY 6: 108,204

DAY 7: 106,882

DAY 8: 323,060

DAY 9: 269,632

DAY 10: 222,967

(1st 166,528 + 2nd 56,439) TOTAL: 2,903,262

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1405402343877742593

It’s getting tougher everyday to meet the overall target of 100 million doses in 200 days (assuming that is the current target). Everyday is below the average required.

4 hours ago, smedly said:

opening in 120 days is a pipe dream and rather foolish, Thailand in my opinion is at least a year behind the west and if and when this Indian variant takes hold here things will really start to be very challenging - we haven't seen anything yet as if it wasn't bad enough......................but   

In a country run by fools from top to bottom would you expect anything else.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Huay Kwang market in BKK is closed again due to covid.  This is not the first time this has occurred and there is no way it will not happen again.  The retail sellers of all items such as fresh vegetables, meat, and fish products are crammed not only in the big inside warehouse but outside in the street covering both sides and people who attend to buy their wares are shoulder to shoulder.  It was why we quit going there once a week to buy our fresh veggies last June after Covid was found the first time.  

Altough mask wearing is good the science of transmission has changed. I am not including idiots here who think it is necessary to pull down your mask whilst talking or coughing or sneezing or just wearing them as chin warmers but now that they know it is aerosol, mask leakage is a problem. Enter the highy infectious Indian variant which has been described as fleeting contact transission and you are in for problems.

Edited by dinsdale
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

You are correct. A certain percent won’t go to the hospital, even if they are sick.

What you forget is that we are dealing with large numbers. So, if X% won’t go to the hospital under any condition, if reported walk-in cases double, we know that the number of community infections likely has doubled.

You are assuming the walkin numbers are proportional, why?If there is a cap in reporting numbers then this won't apply.To create a cap you only need to limit the supply of test and say it's too expensive which they have already stated.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Altough mask wearing is good the science of transmission has changed. I am not including idiots here who think it is necessary to pull down your mask whilst talking or coughing or sneezing or just wearing them as chin warmers but now that they know it is aerosol mask leakage is a problem. Enter the highy infectious Indian variant which has been described as fleeting contact transission and you are in for problems.

Yes I agree that leakage is a problem which is what I stated when I explained my bong cloud experiment but people thought it was a funny joke, it was funny, but it wasn't a joke.The science of transmission hasn't change what has changed is now some people in authority have changed the narrative.

Hundreds of Indonesian doctors contract COVID-19 despite vaccination, dozens hospitalised

JAKARTA (Reuters) - More than 350 Indonesian doctors have contracted COVID-19 despite being vaccinated with Sinovac and dozens have been hospitalised, officials said, as concerns rise about the efficacy of some vaccines against more virulent virus strains.

Most of the doctors were asymptomatic and self-isolating at home, said Badai Ismoyo, head of the Kudus district health office in Central Java, but dozens were in hospital with high fevers and declining oxygen saturation levels.

Kudus is battling an outbreak believed to be driven by the more transmissible Delta variant which has pushed bed occupancy rates above 90% in the district.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-indonesia/hundreds-of-indonesian-doctors-contract-covid-19-despite-vaccination-dozens-hospitalised-idUSKCN2DT0KW

14 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Pheu Thai opposes PM’s plan to reopen Thailand to foreign visitors in 4 months

The opposition Pheu Thai Party is opposing Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha’s call to reopen Thailand to foreign visitors in the next 120 days, describing the mission as “gambling with the lives of Thai people.”

The party spokeswoman, Arunee Kasayanont, told the media today (Thursday) that the government’s target will put the Thai people at unnecessary risk, because the COVID-19 pandemic is still widespread and the government remains unable to contain the spread of the contagion, which has been infecting 2,000-3,000 people domestically every day, with a 20-30 daily mortality rate, while less than 10% of the country’s population are inoculated, which is much lower than several neighboring countries.

She said that the Pheu Thai Party does not believe that Thailand will be ready to reopen in the next 120 days, nor will it be able to acquire up to 105.5 million doses of vaccine within this year as Prayut claimed.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/pheu-thai-opposes-pms-plan-to-reopen-thailand-to-foreign-visitors-in-4-months/