Phuket ready for July reopening as 62% population vaccinated

snoop1130

10 hours ago, polpott said:

Fully vaccinated tourists restricted to Phuket wearing wristbands having applied to the Thai Embassy for a CofE and having secured $100k of Covid insurance to sit on an island with no bars/entertainment? No "teeming" on Phuket anytime soon.

I love how they slide in that COVID insurance requirement on the last bullet point.  Extra insurance after I've been fully vaccinated?  No thanks.

16 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Amazing how you take a quote from the poster "Alarming and possibly disastrous......" in his reply to the possible effects of the delta variant on Thailand and then change it to a completely unrelated rant about zombies eating brains.

The fact is that the delta variant is dangerous and playing down the risk as you are is dangerous.

If only there was something you could do about that.  Like, oh I don't know, maybe get vaccinated or something.  Call me crazy.

14 hours ago, LivinLOS said:

Those of us who claimed they couldnt hit the initially announced targets have been proved 100% correct.. 

Moving the target down to what they have achieved is not the same !! 

Last I heard they still plan to open in July.  That's the only target that matters.  But don't let that stop you from trying to move the goal posts.

12 hours ago, BestB said:

Surprisingly you are correct, 4 star hotels for 400 baht, simply insane

Why were you surprised, or do you believe all the Doom mongers on here

I’ve completed 1 ASQ and 1 ALQ and I’m now recognized as an SME on this Subject, Phuket will open Tourists will come, Expats and Thais will also use this entry system

I personally believe it’s too early, but the country has to try this in case the high season gets some sort of bounce back with tourists

Cases will rise however and it will change Monday 19th July

On 6/17/2021 at 11:25 PM, blorg said:

Yeah, that one seems to have been redefined severely.

Originally you would have thought 70% vaccinated meant, they had both had their two jabs and the required period after the second one to develop immunity.

Then it was pretty obvious that wasn't going to happen, so having two jabs, OK.

But redefining it as having had only one jab is not "vaccinated". Particularly not if the 1st jab is Sinovac, which really needs the second dose to be effective, it is not half as bad as people make out after the second dose but it it has particularly poor efficacy from the first dose.

The article does still seem to suggest that "The province must fully vaccinate another 218,277 people to achieve the 70% of population threshold." but I don't see how that can happen in the two weeks remaining.

Logically, if only 62% have even the first dose yet, and there is a minimum of two weeks between doses (and that's a very short window, as has been found in trials a longer gap is much more effective), it is simply impossible for 70% to be "fully vaccinated" by the end of the month.

The abacus only gives the answers to what is fed into them. 

On 6/19/2021 at 3:57 AM, shdmn said:

If only there was something you could do about that.  Like, oh I don't know, maybe get vaccinated or something.  Call me crazy.

Apparently according to test results on the available vaccines, Sputnik is at the top for the most effective against Delta variations. 

RT news. 

However big pharma players are all fighting each other over who gets what and who can produce what. 

This is shameful, considering that Pfizer and the rest received up to 97 % tax payer funding. 

It's looking like AZ will be the vaccine of no choice for 3rd world countries, with media reports that some of these countries may not be able to be vaccinated until at least the end of 2023. 

So what havoc will that create for world travel, will the world be segregated, Covid-19 has had no impact on wars, they are still blowing each other up, with arms supply no problem. 

Vaccine supply is much more difficult it seems, and less important. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, kiwikeith said:

Apparently according to test results on the available vaccines, Sputnik is at the top for the most effective against Delta variations. 

RT news. 

However big pharma players are all fighting each other over who gets what and who can produce what. 

This is shameful, considering that Pfizer and the rest received up to 97 % tax payer funding. 

It's looking like AZ will be the vaccine of no choice for 3rd world countries, with media reports that some of these countries may not be able to be vaccinated until at least the end of 2023. 

So what havoc will that create for world travel, will the world be segregated, Covid-19 has had no impact on wars, they are still blowing each other up, with arms supply no problem. 

Vaccine supply is much more difficult it seems, and less important. 

All the vaccines are almost 100% effective at preventing serious illness, long term complications, and death.  That's all that matters.  I wish the media would stop talking about efficacy and which is better and just say that instead.  Much less confusing and encourages more people to get vaccinated.

Edited by shdmn